THE GOPHERS ARE NO LONGER RANKED/RECEIVING VOTES IN THE AP POLL

Gophers Ranked in Top 25 at some point this season?

• Yes

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Insane Question

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3-0 in the BIG and not even one vote. Not even from the coaches. Wow!

Yet MSU is 0-2 BIG and rated #17.

Hope they beat Iowa Tuesday.
Huh? NW is 19th in the AP and 22nd in the Coaches. Am I missing the joke? They are below Mich St (they shouldnt be at this point) but they are ranked.

I have to be cold-blooded honest: Gophers are overrated, and Iowa and Illinois are underrated.

Iowa is not underrated. They are sitting at #10 in the AP. You can't just go through an entire season and give up 75-90 points each game and survive the BigTen. They will show who they are as we go on. No defense does not win in this league. Every game they have played someone that isn't a patsy, they have given up big points so far(other than Purdue).

Am I the only one that gets nervous as soon as the Gophers get ranked. Seems like the kiss of death for them. Hope that changes tonight against Michigan State.

Am I the only one that gets nervous as soon as the Gophers get ranked. Seems like the kiss of death for them. Hope that changes tonight against Michigan State.

Yes, it generally doesn't bode well for them.

That said, when have we had a cold blooded killer like Carr on this squad?

He might be that X-factor. How many 1-3 point losses in the last 7-8 years? All we needed was someone that could create their own shot late. They have it now.

Not this year, in Marcus we can trust!!

Completely different team.

I'd have Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin in the top 10.

Iowa-No Way- No defense
Illinois-By talent yes, but not by performance so far
Wisconsin-In the Year of Experience, very much probably, especially early. Teams with experience are benefiting more than usual this year. They are also shooting much better than the last two years. We'll know in a week or two if that is a mirage. Experience and shooting matter, but so does quickness, and they don't have much.

That's Minnesota sports complex. Get some medication. You'll feel much better.

We are all carriers, but some have developed immunity.

That's Minnesota sports reality. The stats are all there. This is the most sports loser-centric large metro in the country.

New poll: Will the Gophers be ranked next week? Tough run

That's Minnesota sports reality. The stats are all there. This is the most sports loser-centric large metro in the country.

New poll: Will the Gophers be ranked next week? Tough run
Yes.

When people over 70 and those with serious comorbidities are vaccinated.

Thanks - I was joking about this comment and asking about herd immunity for Minnesota sports complex syndrome.

Holy Man said:

So much for the Badgers in the top ten! Go Terps!

So much for the Badgers in the top ten! Go Terps!
They will still have that ranking when we play them as the ranking are updated on Monday, Time to nail a Badger Pelt on the wall!!

They only have to win at a .500 clip and upset one of the big dogs in the conference. Say Iowa or MSU and they would get votes.
Iowa got us some votes, MSU will get us more votes, beat down Bucky on the road December 31st and that will get us a lot of votes. Next step down Ohio State at home on January 3rd and we are in the top ten. Keep the aggressive defensive play up and make it happen.

Last edited:

Iowa got us some votes, MSU will get us more votes, beat down Bucky on the road December 31st and that will get us a lot of votes. Next step down Ohio State at home on January 3rd and we are in the top ten. Keep the aggressive defensive play up make it happen.
Yup.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

What do you guys think the gopher ranking would be next week if we win or lose?

I think if we lose a somewhat close one on Thursday, we should stay put, maybe move up to around 19 or so. If we beat Wisconsin in a close game then top 12 or so? Or would we have a chance to be top 10?

What do you guys think the gopher ranking would be next week if we win or lose?

I think if we lose a somewhat close one on Thursday, we should stay put, maybe move up to around 19 or so. If we beat Wisconsin in a close game then top 12 or so? Or would we have a chance to be top 10?

The Ohio State game is on Sunday so that will affect our ranking as well. I will be happy if the Gophers can split the two remaining games this week. Assuming any losses aren’t blowouts, my guess for their ranking is:

2-0: #9-10
1-1: #15
0-2: #23

Also, how about the fact that the Gophers are playing 3 ranked vs. ranked matches in a week?

The Ohio State game is on Sunday so that will affect our ranking as well. I will be happy if the Gophers can split the two remaining games this week. Assuming any losses aren’t blowouts, my guess for their ranking is:

Also, how about the fact that the Gophers are playing 3 ranked vs. ranked matches in a week?

I'll ride with this - nice post.

Didn't realize that. Thats 4 games in a 10 day stretch. Seems like the games are usually more spread out than that. Feels almost like an NBA schedule.

Top Bottom