THE GOPHERS ARE NO LONGER RANKED/RECEIVING VOTES IN THE AP POLL

Gophers Ranked in Top 25 at some point this season?

• Yes

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Insane Question

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slipped a bit to 21 this week.

Thanks for the update, I forgot to look as I was still in shock from Saturday.

Here's to righting the ship on Saturday - I think this is crucial, as a bad outing might lead to a slide at that point, hello Brooklyn Bridge!

Thanks for the update, I forgot to look as I was still in shock from Saturday.

Here's to righting the ship on Saturday - I think this is crucial, as a bad outing might lead to a slide at that point, hello Brooklyn Bridge!
All I know is...anybody who bets for or against the Gophers right now is crazy. They are impossible to figure out or predict.

All I know is...anybody who bets for or against the Gophers right now is crazy. They are impossible to figure out or predict.
Especially when you factor in the spreads. Need OT to beat Boston College and a last second 3 for LMU...then blow out Ohio St and Michigan St. Get killed by 50, then blow out Michigan.

The question now is will the team be ranked again?

I’d say yeah because they beat Rutgers.

But then again..
lose to Rutgers = not ranked on 2/8
Then Nebraska and Purdue and @maryland = go 1-2 after losing to Rutgers still not ranked 2/15

If they aren’t ranked again by 2/15 it means they’ve dug too deep of a hole to be ranked again.

The question now is will the team be ranked again?

I’d say yeah because they beat Rutgers.

But then again..
lose to Rutgers = not ranked on 2/8
Then Nebraska and Purdue and @maryland = go 1-2 after losing to Rutgers still not ranked 2/15

If they aren’t ranked again by 2/15 it means they’ve dug too deep of a hole to be ranked again.
I'd say they're done being ranked. 1/16 was the peak of the season/Pitino era.

How high did we get ranked then?
That team wasn’t ranked very much that season but it was by far Richard’s best season. Only got up to 24.
Was a 5 seed in tourney.
Purdue game was in my opinion, the high point in that season.

you could also argue @ Maryland win in late February was the high water mark.

If you just go by Highest rank then Ohio state win this year was bigger than Michigan because we were rated higher in the next poll.

high water mark was probably actually right before Mason got ejected against Alabama on nov 25, 2017. We were dominating and ranked 12th...then next thing you know all hell breaks loose in the game. 40some days later lynch is suspended and we suck

That team wasn’t ranked very much that season but it was by far Richard’s best season. Only got up to 24.
Was a 5 seed in tourney.
Purdue game was in my opinion, the high point in that season.

you could also argue @ Maryland win in late February was the high water mark.

If you just go by Highest rank then Ohio state win this year was bigger than Michigan because we were rated higher in the next poll.

high water mark was probably actually right before Mason got ejected against Alabama on nov 25, 2017. We were dominating and ranked 12th...then next thing you know all hell breaks loose in the game. 40some days later lynch is suspended and we suck
Upon review, I'll agree that the Alabama game was the peak. Coming off being a 5-seed the previous year. Off to an undefeated start and dominating another ranked team on a neutral court...and then that happened and you could feel the mojo disappear.

Upon review, I'll agree that the Alabama game was the peak. Coming off being a 5-seed the previous year. Off to an undefeated start and dominating another ranked team on a neutral court...and then that happened and you could feel the mojo disappear.
3 vs 5 game?

As Michael Ray Richardson once quipped -

1612211383456.png

If the ship be sinking, then so be it, I'm going down with it.

If the Gophers are not ranked at another date later then 2/1, I will stop posting on the basketball board, as I' willing to put my posting where my mouth is.

No. The peak of the pitino era was New Year’s Day 2017 @Purdue
The peak of the Pitino era was vs Louisville in the NCAAs. Big win vs. Dad's former employer. Ended quickly with the injury to Murphy and the beatdown from Michigan State.

The peak of the Pitino era was vs Louisville in the NCAAs. Big win vs. Dad's former employer. Ended quickly with the injury to Murphy and the beatdown from Michigan State.
That is the peak and it is not enough in 7 years. I do not count this year because the full story has not been told. He still has not built anything to convey what we are.

With what we have done in Jan...now I would say now the schedule is set up in a way that we have to probably go 4-1 to be ranked in the Feb 22 poll

Maybe I’m wrong and 3-0 puts them in the feb 15 poll

You're safe.

It doesn't get any ranker than the last few minutes vs Rutgers.

I know right, I knew they were gonna lose and man I was bummed as I normally go to bed at 9:30 and the burst at the end of the first half sucked me in again and it wasn't until 11:30 that I got to sleep.

Lucy's a nasty shrew and I ain't gonna be Chuck anymore -

1612563797569.png

We're still receiving votes - 12 of them, so I will tongue and cheek keep updating it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom