THE GOPHERS ARE NO LONGER RANKED/RECEIVING VOTES IN THE AP POLL

Gophers Ranked in Top 25 at some point this season?

• Yes

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Insane Question

Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lunardi just updated:
2. Michigan
2. Iowa
3. Illinois
3. Wisconsin
5. Minnesota
5. Ohio State
7. Rutgers
9. Indiana
10. MSU
11. Purdue

By this measure gophs tied for 5th in big ten with a team they easily defeated. Sweet.

Man, beat MI on Saturday and plow through the back half of our schedule, how fun would that be??
We can use it and this is Richard's moment in time IMO - he needs to nut up or be done!

I like him and he is vastly superior to the plethora of ADs we had to him previously.

I have faith in him and trust him. He may not be the best communicator, however, we all have our weak areas - part of bein human in my experience.
Agree. Best hiring AD in memory at the U.

Did Coyle hire Pitino or inherit him?

Starting to wonder if his hiring ability kryptonite is basketball.

Did Coyle hire Pitino or inherit him?

Starting to wonder if his hiring ability kryptonite is basketball.
Inherit

and since he has been here he has made changes in football, women’s basketball, and men’s hockey.

so he has made changes in 2 of the big 3 and replaced them with hires i have a ton of confidence in.

Just saw cbs still has them ranked at 15. Bit high if you ask me but the record is still good.

This week, the following ranked teams lost.
9 (to 7)
19 (to 20)
6 (to unranked)
4 (to 15)
15 (to 2)
7 (to 23)
8 (to unranked)
12 (to 18)
14 (to 21)
16 (to unranked)

Should be a bunch of movement in the 7-25 range

Do we leap back ahead of Ohio State with a better win and a head to head win over them?

After saturday's win, we went up one spot in thw net. Michigan stayed the same. Net annoys me about as much as dakich. I rewatched our iowa game last night and it took hummel 36 seconds into the game before he said a word. Was nice to watch a game without feeling my ears were going to start bleeding. Fun watching the last part of that game again.

After saturday's win, we went up one spot in thw net. Michigan stayed the same. Net annoys me about as much as dakich. I rewatched our iowa game last night and it took hummel 36 seconds into the game before he said a word. Was nice to watch a game without feeling my ears were going to start bleeding. Fun watching the last part of that game again.
I think they went up 10 spots after the win in Sunday’s NET rankings. They went up one additional spot in Monday’s rankings.

Hey guys/gals,

Feel free to post our new ranking (if you beat me to it) in this thread and I'll update the thread title accordingly.

I think they went up 10 spots after the win in Sunday’s NET rankings. They went up one additional spot in Monday’s rankings.

Got it. That makes more sense. I now dislike the net less than dakich :)

not that I care what Busting Brackets thinks, and if it tells you anything, they have Ohio State at #10, but here's their update:

18. Minnesota Golden Gophers (11-4, 4-4)

After losing to Iowa by 15 points on the road, the Gophers had to face one of the hottest teams in the country in the Michigan Wolverines. However, they were at home, which seems to be the ultimate advantage in NCAA Basketball. And thanks to 22 points from Liam Robbins and a great defensive performance, Minnesota got the 18-point victory on Saturday.

Minnesota hopes to avoid its road issues this week against Nebraska, assuming they’re off pause due to their own covid issues at the moment. Then they get to return home on Saturday against Maryland.

From Jan 11-Feb 3rd the Gophers will play 3 games, assuming no rescheduled games or anything else cancelled. Pretty nice for them to have such a relaxed schedule in the middle of the year. Still hoping Nebraska can be rescheduled (Jan 27th is open for both teams, but Nebraska has a lot else to worry about in that regard)

Team hovering near the top 10. relaxed schedule coming up. take care of business boys.

#17. That is great. Also one of the most telling things, IMO, is that Michigan didn't lose any ground after getting pasted on Saturday. That says as much about what people think about the Gophers than anything IMO.

We comin...

How can ohio state be rated ahead of us? I know they have road wins over illinois and rutgers, but their best home wins are rutgers and NW. Plus we hammered them head to head.
I agree, however it doesn’t bother me much. I think it ultimately reflects well on us. As of now, we have beaten the #4, #7, #15 and #25 teams. Pretty amazing for a group of guys expected to finish in the lower half of the conference before the season.

A little higher than I thought, but not outlandish.

I think we'll be in the Top 25 the rest of the season. Accordingly, I have tweaked the title of the thread accordingly.

Top Bottom