Suggs craps on Pitino in strib article

Or i like that one because it wins more races.
Even though he said nothing of the sort. Sure, let's just make that up, since we get to make up what he said and what he was thinking.

You'll go to any absurd length to believe what you want to be true, regardless that there is no evidence to do so.

That is clear now.

So, in summary, you get to make the assumption that Fleck never said a single word to him about playing football for the Gophers, never met him a single time he was on campus ... or even that Pitino might've thrown that carrot out there (playing both sports at Minnesota) and set up a meeting with Fleck.

You get to make those assumptions.

But if I try to make any assumption defending him in the slightest, I'm way off base and wrong.

That does not seem fair to me. But I guess life isn't fair.
Also, did I say somewhere that you were way off base and wrong? I don't recall doing so. Obviously we disagree and have different opinions on the quote, but it would be silly for someone to say another was "right" or "wrong" about an opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

I think it is ridiculous to the point of absurdity for believing his quote was a slight against Pitino or the Gophers MBB program, but that is my belief.

Therefore, it made zero sense for him to say anything about Fleck, even though you think they likely talked, and in the heat of the moment, after the TV producers asked them to ask him about football, the only possible way it can be interpreted to say a tiny blurb praising Fleck is that it must have been a slight against Pitino and the Gopher MBB program ??????????

My head is going to fall off, from shaking it.
It seems like you're having a hard time separting the football part from the deciding on a college knowing that football won't be a factor part, and I'm not. It's as simple as that. Shake your head all you want, just like I could shake mine all I want. We're not going to come to common ground. Thankfully this is only a college football message board and not something, you know, really important.

In my opinion, you have completely failed to provide a logical argument defending your belief that he made a slight on Pitino and the Gophers MBB program.

Again in my opinion, that should result in you changing your beliefs and renouncing the slight allegation.

But as is common nowadays, the opposite occurs. It just further strengthens your resolve to believe what you currently believe and what you want to believe. The harder I push, the stronger you refuse to change your beliefs and the more it reinforces your current belief.

Inability to change beliefs, and the prevalence of belief strengthening in spite of arguments and evidence to the contrary, is the primary foundation for our why political and governing system in this country is collapsing all around us.

But yes, this is just a game, not anything of importance.

In my opinion, you have completely failed to provide a logical argument defending your belief that he made a slight on Pitino and the Gophers MBB program.

Again in my opinion, that should result in you changing your beliefs and renouncing the slight allegation.

But as is common nowadays, the opposite occurs. It just further strengthens your resolve to believe what you currently believe and what you want to believe. The harder I push, the stronger you refuse to change your beliefs and the more it reinforces your current belief.

Inability to change beliefs, and the prevalence of belief strengthening in spite of arguments and evidence to the contrary, is the primary foundation for our why political and governing system in this country is collapsing all around us.

In my opinion it's as logical as can be, and it's frustrating you can't see it. Such is life.

No big deal. Just seems to me that Suggs made his choice clear. the vast majority of AAU coaches, high school coaches, scouts and players agree. I do think it was a unessesary slight. Just my take.

We took monson and we screwed up. Coyle is ending these generational mistakes

No big deal. Just seems to me that Suggs made his choice clear. the vast majority of AAU coaches, high school coaches, scouts and players agree. I do think it was a unessesary slight. Just my take.
Mpls will not budge on this. I argued with him for 3 pages in this thread and others for longer. Might as well just let him believe his flawed opinion.

I guess it's impossible for a top 10 recruit to say anything negative about our basketball program. Who knew?

I guess it's impossible for a top 10 recruit to say anything negative about our basketball program. Who knew?
Who knew you would choose to take what he said as a slight, when it has been proven that it wasn’t?

Maybe Suggs knows full well he won't play college ball and he knew signing with the Gophers would've put them in a bad spot so he signed with Gonzaga instead. If that happens I'll look past the "Pitino-crapping."

I'm sure that possibility has already been mentioned in the thread somewhere but I don't have the ambition to find it.
I doubt it. If you think he cares at all about anyone other than himself you are fooling yourself.

The only thing proven is that you're a stubborn S.O.B.
The only way you can logically prove it was a slight is if you can show that was the only possible, reasonable way to interpret his quote.

I have a very reasonable non-slight interpretation which you can't dismiss and haven't been able to argue is unreasonable.

So I've negated the proof of a slight. That won't matter, of course. My attempts only strengthen your resolve to believe what you want to believe is true. That's the way of the world, these days.

The only way you can logically prove it was a slight is if you can show that was the only possible, reasonable way to interpret his quote.

I have a very reasonable non-slight interpretation which you can't dismiss and haven't been able to argue is unreasonable.

So I've negated the proof of a slight. That won't matter, of course. My attempts only strengthen your resolve to believe what you want to believe is true. That's the way of the world, these days.
Likewise. I've argued numerous times that your interpretation is whack but you believe it to be true nonetheless. Agree to disagree as they say.

I confirmed with richard pitino this was a slight to him and he was very upset about this. So its been settled.

Good? What about the three other Redhawk players the Gophers could use? Dis Suggs and he could miss out on the other three, not to mention future Redhawks
What guarantee is there? All these young men can be influenced by Suggs by attending a different program. I bet we have a 1% chance to land Chet.

I'm curious why so many feel so confident that Holmgren won't commit here. I get it in the broader sense (elite recruits rarely sign here), but why him specifically? His dad is a basketball alum and his mom works for what is basically a U of M subsidiary. (I know his mom a little and used to work with her - she is maroon and gold through-and-through.) Is it all the talk about him following Suggs to Gonzaga? That seems like it has no basis and is just something people are saying - if Suggs even ends up going to Gonzaga, they'd never play there together.

I'm curious why so many feel so confident that Holmgren won't commit here. I get it in the broader sense (elite recruits rarely sign here), but why him specifically? His dad is a basketball alum and his mom works for what is basically a U of M subsidiary. (I know his mom a little and used to work with her - she is maroon and gold through-and-through.) Is it all the talk about him following Suggs to Gonzaga? That seems like it has no basis and is just something people are saying - if Suggs even ends up going to Gonzaga, they'd never play there together.
Not to mention Chet's dad tweeted a few months back in response to a former teammate's son who I think was offered by the U and basically said something about the two sons playing there together if I remember correctly.

Not to mention Chet's dad tweeted a few months back in response to a former teammate's son who I think was offered by the U and basically said something about the two sons playing there together if I remember correctly.
Yeah that was after we offered Carter

This thread kind of says it all. People would rather get angry at Suggs, who is just another in a long line of local basketball recruits that this program clearly never had a real shot with, rather than the guy paid millions of dollars to convince those kids to go to Minnesota.

And people trying to pretend that a program that has won 31 NCAA tournament games over the last 20 years is a disappointment despite the fact that 20 years ago they were losing coaches to programs like Minnesota. If Gonzaga has been disappointing this century than Minnesota should just shut everything down.

Ultimately, what kids like Suggs think about Pitino is crucial to this program and it's his job to win them over. People should be glad that Suggs was a little more honest than the average recruit here. Don't get mad at him just because you don't like he has to say.

[redacted]

Apologies for contributing to the agony that is this thread. Let’s all let it be forgotten and argue elsewhere.

Last edited:

Let it go. This is still the US of A. He gets to do what he wants.

This thread kind of says it all. People would rather get angry at Suggs, who is just another in a long line of local basketball recruits that this program clearly never had a real shot with, rather than the guy paid millions of dollars to convince those kids to go to Minnesota.

And people trying to pretend that a program that has won 31 NCAA tournament games over the last 20 years is a disappointment despite the fact that 20 years ago they were losing coaches to programs like Minnesota. If Gonzaga has been disappointing this century than Minnesota should just shut everything down.

Ultimately, what kids like Suggs think about Pitino is crucial to this program and it's his job to win them over. People should be glad that Suggs was a little more honest than the average recruit here. Don't get mad at him just because you don't like he has to say.
Oh piss off. Pitino never had a chance with Suggs, don't start blaming him for an 18-year-old kid thinking he's too good to stay home.

And can we get some quotes about people saying Gonzaga is a disappointment rather than you just blindly calling out an entire thread? I'm fairly certain you're taking what was said about Gonzaga completely out of context - Posters on here have said that Gonzaga's performance in the NCAA tourney has been disappointing due to their inflated seed from playing in a shitty conference.

So true.

Holmgren isn't gonna' give Gophers a sniff. Pitino is smart enough to figure that out, like he was with the Jones brothers, Suggs. Go after the good players you have a chance to land.
I like your thoughts. If I was Pitino no more campus visits along with the perks that are dished out for a night of fun. Go Gophers!

Top Bottom