Suggs craps on Pitino in strib article

Go4

Reaction score
“The basketball side kind of fell off. Football-wise, I think P.J. Fleck is one of the best coaches in the country. I love him. But basketball just didn’t match what I wanted it to be.”

Pitino was smart. He knew he was going to get used and abused by Suggs. Just go to Gonzaga use them for a year and shut up. Be classy. Good grief.
Your defense of all things Pitino is obsession like. ?

comments like this are especially unhelpful considering we’ve offered 4 of suggs teammates and he’s the leader of the group.

Your defense of all things Pitino is obsession like. ?
Well- I guess that would put you on the other end of it. :unsure: I am comfortable with my position, actually rooting for the Gophers and the coach during the season. For me- college basketball is fun and I want it to be fun during the season. This team has heart, the coach is doing a great job with them, they are playing great defense. The prospects are as good as they have been in a long time, going back 20 years. If at the end of the year, the AD thinks he can do better. So be it.

I am with the team. You...not so much.

Look, he’s not “wrong”, it’s just a useless statement. If you are at the caliber of Suggs, choose the best option to get you to your goals. But this comment just reads entitled and naive. If you are good enough to be ranked top 10, you are good enough to make your legacy.

I’d also add that he’s not paying attention to the sophomore class that Pitino has growing up right now. I could a revue that Pitino’s biggest failure this year is Amir going pro. But his roster is young talented and improving.

Well- I guess that would put you on the other end of it. :unsure: I am comfortable with my position, actually rooting for the Gophers and the coach during the season. For me- college basketball is fun and I want it to be fun during the season. This team has heart, the coach is doing a great job with them, they are playing great defense. The prospects are as good as they have been in a long time, going back 20 years. If at the end of the year, the AD thinks he can do better. So be it.

I am with the team. You...not so much.
You’re pissed at a high school kid because he doesn’t believe the basketball program is as good as you think it is.
And of course anyone who doesn’t think the same as you is against the team. Brilliant ?

You’re pissed at a high school kid because he doesn’t believe the basketball program is as good as you think it is.
And of course anyone who doesn’t think the same as you is against the team. Brilliant ?
The kid has a world of ability he strung the program along to protect himself. If he felt this way, why were we on his final list? Just go to Gonzaga and say that you appreciate all of the other coaches that recruited you and then just shut up.

As far as you and the team, you are looking for failure this year so that you can get rid of the coach you don't like. If you can take an effort like the Purdue game and moan about the coach, then your mission is clear.

As far as you and the team, you are looking for failure this year so that you can get rid of the coach you don't like. If you can take an effort like the Purdue game and moan about the coach, then your mission is clear.
Didn’t say a word about the coach or the effort of the team after the Purdue game. I talked about the end of game execution so you got that completely wrong

A far as my”mission” if you think anything I post on a message board affects Pitino’s job status you give me way too much credit.

Pitino was smart. He knew he was going to get used and abused by Suggs. Just go to Gonzaga use them for a year and shut up. Be classy. Good grief.

Really a lack of class, why say anything, I guess the kid in him was coming out in that statement. Why do people care though, he's been gone for a very long time.

Look, he’s not “wrong”, it’s just a useless statement. If you are at the caliber of Suggs, choose the best option to get you to your goals. But this comment just reads entitled and naive. If you are good enough to be ranked top 10, you are good enough to make your legacy.

I’d also add that he’s not paying attention to the sophomore class that Pitino has growing up right now. I could a revue that Pitino’s biggest failure this year is Amir going pro. But his roster is young talented and improving.
Have you seen what Gonzaga has and who else is in his class !

Extremely true. He's hit on a few but overall a vast disappointment in the golden era oF Minnesota HD basketball talent.

We need to quit pretending that top 25ish talent like Suggs/Tyus/Tre/Matt Hurt stay home and it's some sort of indictment on the coach when they don't. It's simply not true. Talent at that level play at the elite programs.

Then we also tend to add two stars to any kid that has a Minnesota zip code. They have had plenty of Minnesota kids on the roster, including now. Oturu/Coffey/Johnson/Omersa/Hurt/Treyton Thompson/King/Lynch. This team's success or lack thereof hasn't been because Theo John, McKinley Wright, Jericho Sims, and others chose other programs.

Didn’t say a word about the coach or the effort of the team after the Purdue game. I talked about the end of game execution so you got that completely wrong

A far as my”mission” if you think anything I post on a message board affects Pitino’s job status you give me way too much credit.
No actually I don't think your posting has any effect on Pitino's job. I think you are just whining.

Pro option is still very real for Suggs. It was well known Suggs wasn't gonna be a Gopher for a long time now. Pitino and the staff recognized that going back to last spring and moved on. I'm fine with putting more time in on realistic targets especially since even if you do land a commitment from Suggs it was still only gonna be at best a 50/50 chance he ends up at your school.

You ran away when you had to answer yes or no genius
Idiot I answered your question twice. So for the THIRD time since your comprehension skills suck. The answer was and still is NO NO NO.

The top guys leaving the state doesn’t matter crowd are frauds.

if Pitino was landing them they would be doing back flips all over this board proclaiming his greatness. They want it both ways.

No actually I don't think your posting has any effect on Pitino's job. I think you are just whining.
Funny coming from a dude who is pissed at a high schooler for being critical of Pitino. Now that’s real whining.

OK scools, dont overplay your hand. We get it. Something negative happens and you are right here giddy as a schoolgirl. Soon something positive will happen and you will be sulking...

Top Bottom