Suggs craps on Pitino in strib article

I thought he was held back at a young age for athletic purposes. He turns 19 in June. To be fair, there is a ton of data that shows especially with young males that if they have summer birthdays you should hold them back. Age wise he would fit in with his correct grad year.

I do believe in the pro part still though. Think it's 75-80% he goes overseas

I agree with you that it makes sense to hold a summer birthday kid back a year, but he is not a fit for his correct grad year. Most people with a June 3rd birthday would have been 17 most of their senior year. He likely had his license for the very end of his FR year, that's a bit old for your grade.

All of that said, I can't imagine it's much easier to get into Gonzaga than the U. I think it's just a trend, more kids like him will go make some money for a year before going to the NBA.

Take this as rumor mill:
I had lunch the other day with a person familiar with Minnehaha Academy. He said that Suggs will likely play overseas. Apparently he was held back two years in school and his ACT scores are so low he would never get into the U. Going to a non-academic school in the middle of nowhere might get him the year he needs. (Just get passing grades in semester one and then nothing in semester two.)
If this is the case it makes sense he doesn't come to UMN and picks a place with prominent basketball, but no academic acumen.

Like I said...rumor mill.

But I was told earlier in this thread that Minnehaha was a great academic school, not about sports, etc etc.
This further proves my point. He is a hired gun and not a very smart one at that. Minnehaha should not be a part of the MSHSL.

Top Bottom