***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND VALENTINES DAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

This. I cannot understand why he would not try to shake things up with bench players during that half. Guys are out there playing sloppy and looking like they hardly care. What an awful half.

Maybe Mitchell and Freeman suck. So does everyone else tonight. Try it. Worse case scenario you don’t make shotsand give up easy buckets. Just like the starters were doing

Maybe Mitchell and Freeman suck. So does everyone else tonight. Try it. Worse case scenario you don’t make shotsand give up easy buckets. Just like the starters were doing
I’ve said that all year with zone defense, traps, full court pressure, anything. Pitino makes absolutely zero adjustments during games.

Its exactly why I dont understand people cheering for Pitino's success....Coyle has to have no choice but to fire him this year....No more excuses or eeking into the NCAA tournament to justify keeping him...He cant be the coach next year.

I'm dumbfounded by how bad they look, on both ends of the court, not sure what this is but it sure doesn't appear to be basketball.

I’ve said that all year with zone defense, traps, full court pressure, anything. Pitino makes absolutely zero adjustments during games.

Forget about in-game adjustments. There is PLENTY of tape on Maryland....not to mention that we've already played them once! I don't see how Pitino came into the game with a gameplan like this. Clearly other teams have figured out how to play them....but the Gophers have been completely stymied by their defense. And despite the height advantage....Maryland is getting open looks right at the rim. How!?

Forget about in-game adjustments. There is PLENTY of tape on Maryland....not to mention that we've already played them once! I don't see how Pitino came into the game with a gameplan like this. Clearly other teams have figured out how to play them....but the Gophers have been completely stymied by their defense. And despite the height advantage....Maryland is getting open looks right at the rim. How!?
Superior coaching?🤔

If they don't win at least one of the games this week (@IU, ILL) they're not making the tournament.

This. I cannot understand why he would not try to shake things up with bench players during that half. Guys are out there playing sloppy and looking like they hardly care. What an awful half.
How long have you been watching this team under Pitino? We all shouldn't even complain about what we see as we know what's coming. I can imagine coaching against Pitino can't be difficult... he doesn't change things up on D (he never presses, or uses a zone..), he doesn't change things up on O. He doesn't substitute when it seems like he should (guys who should, never see the court) and he doesn't look to exploit matchups.

It's really sad. I almost hope (but yet I don't and I watch these games hoping they win!!) they lose out so we can be rid of Pitino and the inconsistent and undisciplined play. Yet, firing and rehiring has been done so much without success that I really don't have any faith in doing it yet again based off our past results.

Yet, here we are... watching this garbage once again! As painful as the process will be; we need someone new. Pitino has had 8 years and I think by now, we know what he brings to the table.

They aren't doing anything a good team does, anybody watch the Michigan/Wisconsin game, two well coached teams on both ends of the floor, Wisconsin just doesn't have a high level of natural talent but they play the game compared to what Minnesota has put on the floor.

Robbins looking pretty weak out there. Give Freeman a shot. Maybe it will send Robbins a message.

They aren't doing anything a good team does, anybody watch the Michigan/Wisconsin game, two well coached teams on both ends of the floor, Wisconsin just doesn't have a high level of natural talent but they play the game compared to what Minnesota has put on the floor.
It's easy to see the programs that establish an identity and recruit players that fit that identity.

Top Bottom