***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND VALENTINES DAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Pitino still 0fer on the road and adds to his impressive losing conference record....Paging Mark Coyle

And a bad turnover in the final minutes. Again.

Is it illegal for Johnson and Inhen to play together? This is not a Curry game...

I should be coaching this team. This should have been the play 2 minutes into the game. My basketball IQ is average.

Another bummer of a game.

This team has talent. They coulda been a contender.

Maybe Mitchell and Freeman suck. So does everyone else tonight. Try it. Worse case scenario you don’t make shotsand give up easy buckets. Just like the starters were doing
The main thing is to send a message to the starters...you play like that and you sit for a while and watch. Pitino settles on guys and that's it. Gach is the exception this year and he really, really worked hard to get benched.

The main thing is to send a message to the starters...you play like that and you sit for a while and watch. Pitino settles on guys and that's it. Gach is the exception this year and he really, really worked hard to get benched.
Tubby would have platoon subbed more than once in this game. Clem too.

Whoever is talking shit about Gabe after he missed 1 three needs to choke on a sausage. He scored on his other putback and now he is going to the line. Get a clue about the game.
This is a board where we have fans that GACH a good to great shooter, but they will rail on Game.

It's pretty clear I think Pitino is an awful coach, but even I was shocked at how poorly he coached this one. This game was basically over by the under 12 timeout of the first half.

I would think everyone would agree that the win over Michigan was the high point of the season. That occurred on January 16. We're almost exactly one month from that point and the Gophers haven't even come close to that level of play since then going 2-4 in that stretch with 3 blowout losses. Nobody on the team has missed time during that stretch...so how does that happen? The team tonight did not look engaged at all beyond the lack of strategic adjusments from their head coach.

Well, as one of the announcers said, Maryland just seems to have our number. There actually were some bright spots in this game, though. Ihnen had his best game of the season and Tre' Williams had one of his better ones. Hopefully, this game gives each of them some confidence going forward. Mashburn also had one of his best games.

Well, as one of the announcers said, Maryland just seems to have our number. There actually were some bright spots in this game, though. Ihnen had his best game of the season and Tre' Williams had one of his better ones. Hopefully, this game gives each of them some confidence going forward. Mashburn also had one of his best games.
Masburn needs to start over Tre, IMO. Tre should get most of the bench minutes since Gach doesn't seem to be finding anything.

Turgeon has beat the shit out of MN his whole career at Maryland. Pitino simply cannot figure out how to stop Turgeon from bitch slapping him across the room.

Turgeon has beat the shit out of MN his whole career at Maryland. Pitino simply cannot figure out how to stop Turgeon from bitch slapping him across the room.
I wonder if that's because Pitino doesn't seem to ever strategize for a specific game or opponent. He does the same thing every game regardless of who the opponent is or what the situation is OR how important the game might be.

Isn't that the definition of insanity?

I wonder if that's because Pitino doesn't seem to ever strategize for a specific game or opponent. He does the same thing every game regardless of who the opponent is or what the situation is OR how important the game might be.

In the past, he's said each assistant is assigned a game to plan for on a rotation. I'm not sure who did this game, but ugh.

Rick told him that's the way it's done if you want to win championships!

That's interesting. His reputation coming to the U was as a master game planner.

It's seemed like he and his teams have always done just enough, just the minimum, for him to keep his job.

At this point I simply have no words. At home we look like a pretty solid squad. On the road we look like an NSIC team in the big ten. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Not to go Hoosiers but the courts the same size, the hoop is at the same height, there are no fans. If all the games were like the Rutgers one maybe you say its all just bad luck/variance, but we are getting absolutely destroyed in these games. I get they have been tough teams, but we have beat some good teams at home so what gives.

Maybe I need to jinx us again 😃 , I see no way we win a road game all year (assuming no NEB reschedule) and I simply can't see a team with 0 road wins getting in.

At this point I simply have no words. At home we look like a pretty solid squad. On the road we look like an NSIC team in the big ten. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. Not to go Hoosiers but the courts the same size, the hoop is at the same height, there are no fans. If all the games were like the Rutgers one maybe you say its all just bad luck/variance, but we are getting absolutely destroyed in these games. I get they have been tough teams, but we have beat some good teams at home so what gives.

Maybe I need to jinx us again 😃 , I see no way we win a road game all year (assuming no NEB reschedule) and I simply can't see a team with 0 road wins getting in.
They might get in with no road wins, but only if they beat Illinois on Saturday. And the way they have owned us for years, I don't see that happening.

Top Bottom