***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND VALENTINES DAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Disgusted in the first half. Pitino isn’t doing anything to counter their defense

Put in Mitchell. Put in Freeman.
This. I cannot understand why he would not try to shake things up with bench players during that half. Guys are out there playing sloppy and looking like they hardly care. What an awful half.

Robbins is not embracing the physicality of the B1010
He was for awhile. But he's getting pummeled lately. Not sure if it's an injury or what. He wasn't assertive in non-conference, found it for a few weeks and now lost it again.

Gach has essentially played himself out of the lineup. Pretty inconceivable given where things were at the beginning of the year.
Carr has a very long leash while others do not. Gach is one of them for whatever reason. We could use his athleticism in this game.

Carr has a very long leash while others do not. Gach is one of them for whatever reason. We could use his athleticism in this game.

Because Carr does things like make three pointers in the closing seconds of games in order to give us a win.

In the past you could never get me to pull myself away from the Gopher game no matter how bad it was. It was very very rare. That has all changed with this team this year. And the ironic thing is they’re capable of beating anyone and are probably gonna go to the tournament somehow. But this team is the biggest fucking joke I’ve ever watched in my life in 35 years of watching Gooher basketball. These performances are despicable. You know 3 minutes in that it’s over.
I hate to say this, but I think it has something to do with Carr. He does whatever he wants to and everyone knows it. On defense, not much effort from Carr. He has been great in some games but it is not a team effort with him. It's on Pitino that this happens.

I feel like I could come here and click on the wrong Game thread and as long as it is a road game game I wouldn't know the difference after reading a page of posts. It is like Ground Hog's Day, but not funny.
Every B10 season under Pitino is the same.....Bad or terrible

This is 100% coaching. Team always reflects coaching. Specifically in college basketball. Coach recruits the kids, coach develops the kids, coach sets the culture. After 3/4 years you know what you've got in a coach. This is year 8. We're seeing the Pitino system in full effect. This is what it is.

Only people out shooting during halftime were Gabe, Williams and Robbins. No one else. We had more student manager rebounders than players out there.

If Mitchell and Freeman can’t give you what Gach and Curry do, then well...I’m just speechless. Everything about this is an indictment on the staff as coaches and recruiters.

When Tre goes from not seeing any minutes to being a starter that pretty much sums up the staff right there.

This is 100% coaching. Team always reflects coaching. Specifically in college basketball. Coach recruits the kids, coach develops the kids, coach sets the culture. After 3/4 years you know what you've got in a coach. This is year 8. We're seeing the Pitino system in full effect. This is what it is.
Its exactly why I dont understand people cheering for Pitino's success....Coyle has to have no choice but to fire him this year....No more excuses or eeking into the NCAA tournament to justify keeping him...He cant be the coach next year.

Gach has been pretty awful in his last 10 games or so. I'm fine with his playing time getting reduced. It's just something I wouldn't have thought at the beginning.

If Mitchell and Freeman can’t give you what Gach and Curry do, then well...I’m just speechless. Everything about this is an indictment on the staff as coaches and recruiters.

When Tre goes from not seeing any minutes to being a starter that pretty much sums up the staff right there.

100% agree.

Its exactly why I dont understand people cheering for Pitino's success....Coyle has to have no choice but to fire him this year....No more excuses or eeking into the NCAA tournament to justify keeping him...He cant be the coach next year.
But he’s such a nice guy.

I hate to say this, but I think it has something to do with Carr. He does whatever he wants to and everyone knows it. On defense, not much effort from Carr. He has been great in some games but it is not a team effort with him. It's on Pitino that this happens.
Carr = Pitino. He’s his creation. I can’t stand watching Carr often this year, but it’s because the team has no plan and no direction. He did some amazing things and so for Pitino that just meant he was going to let him do whatever he wanted because it was the best chance we had. But when another team takes that away or when he’s off then Pitino has no clue what to do. So Carr in my opinion is just out there doing what he’s expected to do without anybody ever stopping him. And when a guy like Dakich points it out, fans start crying. In a game like tonight I think he should shoot every time he has the ball because it’s the only hope we have after we fall behind like that early. There’s really no point in anything else at that point. Game was over. The only chance for a miracle is one of those games where Carr scores 30+.

Carr = Pitino. He’s his creation. I can’t stand watching Carr often this year, but it’s because the team has no plan and no direction. He did some amazing things and so for Pitino that just meant he was going to let him do whatever he wanted because it was the best chance we had. But when another team takes that away or when he’s off then Pitino has no clue what to do. So Carr in my opinion is just out there doing what he’s expected to do without anybody ever stopping him. And when a guy like Dakich points it out, fans start crying. In a game like tonight I think he should shoot every time he has the ball because it’s the only hope we have after we fall behind like that early. There’s really no point in anything else at that point. Game was over. The only chance for a miracle is one of those games where Carr scores 30+.
Please don’t mention dakich🤮🤮🤮

Top Bottom