Bowl Game Thread, 2020

I like titles that are decided on the field. Others need to get better.
I like titles decided before the season starts based on 247. That is how your statement translates.

You like titles on the field from 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. Just say that. Or just say you like titles decided by teams w the most talent on Rivals.

Your statements in the thread are contradictory. This championship is not decided 'on the field' as it was not based on actual regular season metrics quality wins, SOS, etc.

I like titles decided before the season starts based on 247. That is how your statement translates.

You like titles on the field from 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. Just say that. Or just say you like titles decided by teams w the most talent on Rivals.

Your statements in the thread are contradictory. This championship is not decided 'on the field' as it was not based on actual regular season metrics quality wins, SOS, etc.
I grew up with writers voting for champions, people like Ruesse ! I like games where people play each other to see who wins. Not a perfect system but someone really good is going home with a single national championship trophy. I can not do anything about these teams winning rankings titles on 247. That is a coaches job to get better players and beat these teams. It is Flecks job to run the table in the conference and get to these games, ask him. What way do you want to determine the champion ? I love watching Alabama play, i love watching Clemson play. I love watching high level college football. I want the Gophers to be better than these teams but they will have to earn it. What other way is there ?

hole you could drive a truck through and OSU ties it up

This is starting like it's going to be a hell of a game

I feel like a lot of people are on the Alabama bandwagon since they started getting good that either don’t live or have connections to the state/school and only due to they win. I have a friend from NJ that basically has done this with each league and so of course he’s on the Packer bandwagon.

I really wish some of these schools would back to being more normal once the coach leaves, but teams like Ohio State prove that coaching can be pretty easy with history and never ending line of 4 and 5 star pipeline that lasts for generations.

Yeah. Looks like OSU is not going away. Go big 10.

Yup. I'd like the Buckeyes to wipe Dabo's face in his own smugness. lol. 11th best team in the nation? You sure about that, Dabo?

Whichever dummy said you can’t run throwback against good teams when Morgan overthrew it likely isn’t watching this game

Aren't you referring to the underthrow in OT that was tipped? Yeah....that person is an idiot. It was a perfectly called play that was blown by Morgan.

Probably the same dummy who said you shouldn't have a starting WR (and Clemson with a RB) returning kicks.
Dabo must not know the rules of who can and shouldn't return KO's.
Although it is a little different there since they probably have a couple other RB's who are equally as good as Travis E.

Every top team will fall sooner or later. Early 2000s it was Texas and USC as juggernauts. Saban will leave one day and if they don’t do it right, they too will fall to the wayside.

Fields got leveled on that hit. Surprised he's not out with a broken rib or 5.

Every top team will fall sooner or later. Early 2000s it was Texas and USC as juggernauts. Saban will leave one day and if they don’t do it right, they too will fall to the wayside.
They do not fall out of significance for generations.

Fields got leveled on that hit. Surprised he's not out with a broken rib or 5.
I’d be stunned if he doesn’t have a broken rib. Time to break out the ole flack jacket and see if he can go.

On another note, glad they called the targeting there. Dangerous hit even for the defender. Textbook example of the type of hit they want out of the game. The defender could have easily paralyzed himself there.

Clemson is losing handily to the 11th ranked team (according to Dabo) in the nation!

Rooting for tOSU.

Fields is leaving it all on the field. Pretty cool.

Just have not hired the right coach unless it is Fleck. USC won the Rose Bowl just 3 years ago. They should fire Helton and hire Urban.

If Carrol stayed at USC who knows what or how long that reign could have gone. USC struck out on their hire after him just like Michigan and they have not recovered

If this holds up, can't wait to see the after game questions Dabo has to field about his OSU comments

Encouraging to see OSU doing well against Clemson.
Would love to see them score 50 on Clemson tonight.

OSU playing what looks like Big Ten football.
Big line opening holes.
Powerful running game. Use of TE's and a couple tosses to an open WR.

Gives us hope.

If Carrol stayed at USC who knows what or how long that reign could have gone. USC struck out on their hire after him just like Michigan and they have not recovered
And they will not come out of it unless the present admin. decides sports are important and hire Urban who now lives in LA. USC has strong talent but helton is inept. Their boosters are ready at 10 million per year.

Encouraging to see OSU doing well against Clemson.
Would love to see them score 50 on Clemson tonight.

OSU playing what looks like Big Ten football.
Big line opening holes.
Powerful running game. Use of TE's and a couple tosses to an open WR.

Gives us hope.
And holding Clemson to 14 at half. Not many Big 10 teams can do that.

Top Bottom