Bowl Game Thread, 2020

ND defense looks like the Gopher D early in the year.
N. Harris is good! What a leap

Probably 99% of college football teams will never have a chance for a title with the concentration of talent these days.

Probably 99% of college football teams will never have a chance for a title with the concentration of talent these days.
So you’re saying it is no different than it’s ever been?

the bigger issue is that there isn’t the opportunity for a fluke upset to change the national champion anymore.
If BYU has to play a playoff, they don’t have a national title.

if Colorado/Georgia tech have the play a playoff...at least one maybe two don’t have a national title.

Etc

Scary when you have teams with 20 NFL Players on the roster and loaded coaching staffs. You need big help with turnovers.

I guess I'm just happy to be a fan of a sport with real parity and with each passing year the Clemson/Bama/OSU domination makes fewer and fewer games interesting to watch as a neutral

if Alabama reaches the O/U line by themselves, do I win double my bet then?

I guess I'm just happy to be a fan of a sport with real parity and with each passing year the Clemson/Bama/OSU domination makes fewer and fewer games interesting to watch as a neutral
College football has never had parity. I’m not sure what you’re talking about

the bigger issue is that there isn’t the opportunity for a fluke upset to change the national champion anymore.
If BYU has to play a playoff, they don’t have a national title.

if Colorado/Georgia tech have the play a playoff...at least one maybe two don’t have a national title.

Etc
I’m in the minority but I much preferred the old way, or at most a single 2 team championship, no playoff. Made the entire season and the bowl games much more interesting.

I’m in the minority but I much preferred the old way, or at most a single 2 team championship, no playoff. Made the entire season and the bowl games much more interesting.
I like titles that are decided on the field. Others need to get better.

Not sure someone else would have been able to give Alabama a better fight but not surprised at all to see Notre Dame getting their butt kicked. After the game against Clemson they didn't deserve another shot to get destroyed by a top team. That honor should have gone to someone else.

Should have just given Bama a bye week.

I like titles that are decided on the field. Others need to get better.
They aren’t decided on the field.
Still leaves teams out.
So 4 teams get to play it out on the field, but let’s not pretend like the national champion is decided on the field. Even in the first year I think the best two teams were left out (tcu and Baylor were both better than Ohio state)

2 is better than 4 for the health of the game.

I think 12-16 with auto bids for conference champions would increase the value of the regular season and give a true championship model.

If you are worried about a team getting blown out...don’t watch half of the games in the history of the playoff. Don’t watch 7/16 BCS title games.

2 is better than 4 for the health of the game.

I think 12-16 with auto bids for conference champions would increase the value of the regular season and give a true championship model.

If you are worried about a team getting blown out...don’t watch half of the games in the history of the playoff. Don’t watch 7/16 BCS title games.
I am all for this. I was referring to that period where voters decided instead of having teams play. I like 4 great teams in a semifinal but would like another round or two to get there.

Know it should be about the players , the games but is sad for me to see the Rose Bowl indoors. No San Gabriel mountains, no USC song girls performing Tusk.
Ah yes the song girls, my favorite watching experience in college sports.

I feel like tonight’s game is just for 2nd place. Devonta Smith is so good.

They aren’t decided on the field.
Still leaves teams out.
So 4 teams get to play it out on the field, but let’s not pretend like the national champion is decided on the field. Even in the first year I think the best two teams were left out (tcu and Baylor were both better than Ohio state)
I do not think Baylor and TCU were the best. Also think these 4 are the clear best this year.

I do not think Baylor and TCU were the best. Also think these 4 are the clear best this year.
Notre dame is not a top 10 team to me.
They beat Clemson when Clemson lost multiple defensive starters and their quarterback then got blown out by them. Oklahoma, Cincinatti, Iowa State, A&M, Georgia, Florida are all better than Notre Dame.

Alabama lost to Ole Miss that year. Bama played Ohio state close. TCU put it on ole miss.

Notre dame is not a top 10 team to me.
They beat Clemson when Clemson lost multiple defensive starters and their quarterback then got blown out by them. Oklahoma, Cincinatti, Iowa State, A&M, Georgia, Florida are all better than Notre Dame.

Alabama lost to Ole Miss that year. Bama played Ohio state close. TCU put it on ole miss.
Your entitled to your opinion. I like the 4 teams i will watch today.

These teams that continually make the playoff have dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Running backs and wide receivers are interchangeable behind an Alabama OL. QB is the next most important position behind OL and DL.

These teams that continually make the playoff have dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Running backs and wide receivers are interchangeable behind an Alabama OL. QB is the next most important position behind OL and DL.
Yes to it all. Alabama has 20 NFL players on the roster ! Several high impact types.

Notre Dame going out with a whimper. Have run clock all second half and lined up to punt late down 3 scores. Why not go down swinging?

Notre Dame with the backdoor cover on the spread after deciding to not punt and aided by a Saban unsportsmanlike. Vegas will be pleased as 66% of money was on Bama to cover

ND is the worst, the committee needs to quit giving them a pass.

Top Bottom