Bowl Game Thread, 2020

Encouraging to see OSU doing well against Clemson.
Would love to see them score 50 on Clemson tonight.

OSU playing what looks like Big Ten football.
Big line opening holes.
Powerful running game. Use of TE's and a couple tosses to an open WR.

Gives us hope.

Huh? How does it give us hope? Maybe to Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Michigan, etc. that can recruit and/or are already great at playing that style. Minnesota hardly uses the TEs other than blocking and outside of Ibrahim, what Gopher RB looks like they could be good when he leaves? Seeing Ohio State dominate only makes me feel like we are a lot farther away from being good when we have them and several other great teams to get past, including many we play every year, and cannot even beat now/when they are down players.

Of course we see these guys in about 8 months but what the heck.

Channeling tonight a good friend who passed almost 3 year ago. He was raised a Bulldog like me but his family was from Ohio so his Big 10 allegiance was to the Buckeyes.

When the Billds moved to Big 10 country it made for some fun...mostly at my expense except for 2000.

So for Ed...Go Bucks!

Huh? How does it give us hope? Maybe to Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Michigan, etc. that can recruit and/or are already great at playing that style. Minnesota hardly uses the TEs other than blocking and outside of Ibrahim, what Gopher RB looks like they could be good when he leaves? Seeing Ohio State dominate only makes me feel like we are a lot farther away from being good when we have them and several other great teams to get past, including many we play every year, and cannot even beat now/when they are down players.
Because without hope we have nothing. We have a coach who got us in the top 10, why not hope.

OSU is pounding Clemson, I am loving it!

If Carrol stayed at USC who knows what or how long that reign could have gone. USC struck out on their hire after him just like Michigan and they have not recovered
If he had stated he would’ve likely had a show cause banishment anyways

Hoping tOSU invokes that famous quote/scene from Lawrence of Arabia . . . . . “No prisoners !!!”

I like 49-21 Ohio St but I have a problem with Coach Day. At halftime he said: “Fields is tough, he knows he has to play 30 more minutes.” So, the staff ignored the opportunity for an ex-ray on Fields. His future is the NFL. Day’s future and concern is personally winning. He’s putting this guy’s life in jeopardy not knowing the injury. What if his rib punctures and endangers his life. Don’t agree with how this was handled.
Again happy Ohio St is kicking em but...

dang what a downer! I guess we should just forfeit every game! PJ Fleck will have us ready and we’re on the rise

Gophers have to play these guys next year 😬

Helps that they'll be breaking in a number of new guys at key spots but yeah, there won't be much of a talent drop off for sure. Probably a pretty steep one at QB though.

Gophers have to play these guys next year 😬
Well as Brewster would say. "It will be good for us to play Ohio State right off the bat. It will give us a measuring stick as to where we are at in our program. What we need to work on for the season."

Well as Brewster would say. "It will be good for us to play Ohio State right off the bat. It will give us a measuring stick as to where we are at in our program. What we need to work on for the season."

It will be a good measuring stick and if we want to be a top program we need to play these top teams and be excited for them...not cower

That's the way you coach... even though you're ahead, you keep your foot on the pedal cause the other team will keep trying to score.

I like 49-21 Ohio St but I have a problem with Coach Day. At halftime he said: “Fields is tough, he knows he has to play 30 more minutes.” So, the staff ignored the opportunity for an ex-ray on Fields. His future is the NFL. Day’s future and concern is personally winning. He’s putting this guy’s life in jeopardy not knowing the injury. What if his rib punctures and endangers his life. Don’t agree with how this was handled.
Again happy Ohio St is kicking em but...
you have absolutely no indication that this is the case nor any of what the medical staff did and based this all off of coach speak regarding him speaking to how tough Fields is and that his team needs to play another 30 minutes.

We played TCU to win a few years ago and it cost us (and them) big time.

Here's to 2021 and whatever season it may bring. Still, after tonight I'd take the Little Sisters of the Poor FB team for that game 1 thank you...

Oh well, good luck to the Buckeyes in the Natty for 2020. Whoever wins will have an asterisk...and for those of us who lived through it...it will have meaning.

you have absolutely no indication that this is the case nor any of what the medical staff did and based this all off of coach speak regarding him speaking to how tough Fields is and that his team needs to play another 30 minutes.
Just going on the information given. I heard what Day said...not team.
I heard what was reported that he was not x-rayed at halftime.
Not making anything up.

We played TCU to win a few years ago and it cost us (and them) big time.

Here's to 2021 and whatever season it may bring. Still, after tonight I'd take the Little Sisters of the Poor FB team for that game 1 thank you...

Oh well, good luck to the Buckeyes in the Natty for 2020. Whoever wins will have an asterisk...and for those of us who lived through it...it will have meaning.
There will be no asterisk for the winner of Alabama-Ohio State. Nor should thee be. In some way it was the most challenging season since the service academies started back without players lost in the war.

I feel like the Notre Dame game kinda fit what I was thinking about that whole mess....

I really don't like the idea of a 'second try' team getting into such a small playoff field like 4 teams (with the exception if somehow everyone has like 4 losses... but maybe not even then) ... I realize that could screw the Gophers one day ... but I would rather even some lesser team from another conference get a shot rather than someone who already got beat by Clemson for their division ... who themselves looked like ass....

Big Ten showing up in bowl season. I hope Indiana beats the snot out of (4-5!) Ole Miss tomorrow to further prove how underrated they have been all season long. It's criminal that 3 loss North Carolina and 3 loss Iowa State passed them up for NY6 and Indiana has to play a losing team in a bowl game.

There will be no asterisk for the winner of Alabama-Ohio State. Nor should thee be. In some way it was the most challenging season since the service academies started back without players lost in the war.
I like how you think.

No asterisks for this season. Period.

Big Ten showing up in bowl season. I hope Indiana beats the snot out of (4-5!) Ole Miss tomorrow to further prove how underrated they have been all season long. It's criminal that 3 loss North Carolina and 3 loss Iowa State passed them up for NY6 and Indiana has to play a losing team in a bowl game.

It really is. Especially now that the ACC has been exposed as a fraud conference this year.

In the New Year's Six----ACC with three teams and SEC with four.

Give me a fu**ing break.

Top Bottom