Week 1 Other Games Thread

Not only was the hit in the Oregon game not targeting it was not roughing the passer. The guy took one step and hit the quarterback.
Ya, but it's a top SEC team, so no harm, no foul.

Remember that helmet to helmet the Ohio State player put on us last year. Well, it's the top Big 10 team, so no harm, no foul.

Well, answer a couple questions:
1) is our defense as good as South Dakota St's? If you think we are at least that good we will need 4 or more points to beat Iowa. Petras and his fearsome crew managed a total of three points in 60 minutes against the Jacks.

2). Do you believe our offense is better than SDST's? If so, can we score four or more points? They scored three points while featuring an open receiver being missed by the QB in what would likely have been a TD and five passes dropped.

This game also featured the worst targeting call in college history when a Jackrabbit defender hit an Iowa receiver on the shoulder pad with the side of his helmet.
I think our defense is yes

they got destroyed on their offensive line. Linderbaum was a huge loss at center. The guy who replaced him go lit up like a Christmas tree today. I'm hoping their offensive line is terrible.

In crossovers, they go to Ohio State, and have Michigan at home. That is 2 losses right there. they won't get a gift West Championship this year.
99 for SDSU was one of the best DTs I’ve seen in a long time. The DL and LB kids on the Jacks who were natives of Iowa came to play today absolutely beat up the Hawks. My buddies who are Hawks fans hate the OC and can’t wait for his dad to retire. Hope PJ can figure him out this year.

And looks like the end result of that is going to be a North Dakota TD and Nebraska will probably get the ball back with roughly 17 seconds on the clock and no timeouts....just a weird decision to burn those timeouts late in the half, game North Dakota lots of time to discuss plays and plan.

Nebraska burning timeouts while North Dakota is driving at the end of the half in order to get the ball back with no timeouts and less than a minute in the first half.....very strange.
How the hell was that not ruled a touchdown?

It didn't matter, but still.

If North Dakota wins this game, they have to dismiss Frost tonight.

Nebraska burning timeouts while North Dakota is driving at the end of the half in order to get the ball back with no timeouts and less than a minute in the first half.....very strange.
Great coaching!

Like I said above, it appears to start at the top with Nebraska. Some really nice athletes, but no one seems to know the object of the game and that falls on the coaching staff.

Yep, I told Ms. Billd that that when Coach Brewster lost to South Dakota in 2010 he was on double-secret probation.

Coach Frost is well past that point for Nebbie HC...

They save something like $7.5M if they wait until Oct 1 to fire him, but losing to North Dakota (not even North Dakota State) at home would be a "sack him in the locker room and pass the hat later" moment.

Did an email exchange with my I-O-W-A brother-in-law earlier and he had an offhand remark that today was going to be tough for them. I looked up the opponent and thought whaaat? but obviously he knew more than I did.

Still a W for Herky so I-O-W-A still sucks.

ND qb looks better than Nebby qb.

Thompson with a brutal INT for Nebby. Glad to have another awful QB in our division.

Top Bottom