Week 1 Other Games Thread

Bruce seems like a player that would play here. No classic Iowa tight end either to bail out the offense.
Maybe his father can convince him to transfer to Minnesota. Bruce has 79 of Iowa's 136 yards on offense, along with 17 yards on punt returns.

As much as I hope you are right I always try not to read too much into game 1 (or even game 2). Look at our 2019 season.

No question. Can't judge much on the first game of the season. I'm just saying that Iowa looks to be missing playmakers at skill positions. Like....even if they just came out of the gates cold....their offense has nothing remotely scary on it.

No question. Can't judge much on the first game of the season. I'm just saying that Iowa looks to be missing playmakers at skill positions. Like....even if they just came out of the gates cold....their offense has nothing remotely scary on it.
Right, they were bad last year and lost a pretty good rb and Charlie Jones left to Purdue. Really no reason to think they’d be better this year.

Sanford might be an upgrade for Iowa. Their offense today:

6 plays, 6 yards: Punt
4 plays, 5 yards: Missed FG
5 plays, 19 yards: Punt
4 plays, 5 yards: FG
4 plays, 22 yards: Punt
3 plays, -9 yards: Punt
6 plays, 10 yards: INT
1 play, -2 yards: Halftime
3 plays, 3 yards: Punt
4 plays, 30 yards: Punt
7 plays, 57 yards: Fumble
3 plays, 6 yards: Punt

And don’t forget that Ferentz jr added QB coach to his OC duties.

I hope he stays there forever.

Iowa should consider adding the quick kick to their offensive playbook.

SDSU is one Iowa defensive mistake from the upset unfortunately iowas defense doesn’t usually make those. Good lord the Iowa offense is awful.

SDSU is one Iowa defensive mistake from the upset unfortunately iowas defense doesn’t usually make those. Good lord the Iowa offense is awful.

Iowa has great defense and special teams but I don't think I'd take their success if I had to watch their offense.

Iowa has great defense and special teams but I don't think I'd take their success if I had to watch their offense.
The special teams is what sets them apart. What I wouldn’t give to have a punter like Iowa has vs what Minnesota has. Minnesota is 40 yards and a cloud of dust vs Iowa’s guy just bombing them.

I don’t know how long Iowa will have injuries on offense for but if they’re still injured when we play them….literally score 14 and we’ll win

counting to 7 with 2 safeties to beat a FCS team at home

if you had been asked to come up with the most Iowa win possible, you wouldn't have thought of this one.

How is that not a targeting call on Iowa there?

They wanna take out all the bang bang plays and then in that situation where the defender had time to pull up and make the hit you don’t throw the flag. That was an absolutely unnecessary hit and should have been flagged.

App state was down 20 going into the 4th, now tied at 49

How is that not a targeting call on Iowa there?

Since the targeting penalty was instituted, I've seen numerous opportunities to call that on Iowa but I've never seen one called. We got something like half a dozen of them in the first year of the rule. I remember one of their players diving head first into Leidner's helmet when Lender was on his knees and it wasn't called. "No, that wasn't targeting. Kirk's boys would never do that." I think they're one of the conference leaders in causing significant injuries to opponents' skill players but nothing ever happens.

Iowa & SDSU QBs combined to go 21 for 51 for 196 and 1 INT

Irving looks to be #1 or #2 on the depth chart for Oregon.

Top Bottom