Week 1 Other Games Thread

North Dakota was bad in one score games last season.

Something has to give

I never thought I'd find myself rooting for North Dakota in any sport. Feels gross.
Yeah, it does, but the schadenfreude of Nebbie struggling against UND *at home* offsets much if it.

Yeah, it does, but the schadenfreude of Nebbie struggling against UND *at home* offsets much if it.
If it was hockey I don't think I could do it though. I don't know of any scenario where I could cheer for the hawks hockey team.

Onside attempt for Nebraska lol
I actually don’t mind doing that and think teams should do it more often. Try to kick it off one of the up men and if you miss no big deal. And if you don’t recover it, it isn’t that great of field position.

If it was hockey I don't think I could do it though. I don't know of any scenario where I could cheer for the hawks hockey team.
That's the fact Jack!

Noticed Mr. Bucky Irving getting some carries in the first half for O...

I actually don’t mind doing that and think teams should do it more often. Try to kick it off one of the up men and if you miss no big deal. And if you don’t recover it, it isn’t that great of field position.
This one was actually a good idea. UND had a penalty on the previous play so Neb was kicking it from the 50.

Crowd booed 😆

Thompson with a bizarre intentional grounding.

Special teams. Iowa’s is better. Iowa is happy to get to midfield and punt 6 times a game and wait for you to make a mistake. It’s been the same script for 15 years and we don’t solve it that often.
I very much look forward to playing anybody who is happy to get to midfield and punt. I don't see any losses on that schedule.
I think our defense is yes
Defense was the relatively difficult question because SDST has a good defense (although not great like ours). Offense was the easy question since we are 30 points a game better than the Jacks.

Gophers never played the Hawks in hockey. Maybe you meant the Fiighting Sioux.

Iowa offense didn’t seem to do much. I saw 0 seconds of the game.

I like how every year Nebraska is supposed to be back when they never have any star players. Like how are you predicting them to win when they have no preseason all conference guys?

Dakota schools having a relatively good day. Maybe KSU has something to worry about up against the Coyotes.

NoDak has to keep their head in the game. They are trying on pants that are about two sizes too big right now. Play smart and wait for the inevitable Nebraska brainlock.

Dakota schools having a relatively good day. Maybe KSU has something to worry about up against the Coyotes.
I still have nightmares over sd announcer going touchdown yotes after the 4th and 1 bootleg

I still have nightmares over sd announcer going touchdown yotes after the 4th and 1 bootleg
It was the lowest of many lows during the Brewster Era. USD was never that good at the D-II level. The only thing more humiliating would be losing to Augustana when they go D-I.

Nebbie I think just salted away the win

UTSA giving #24 Houston all they can handle, if they can hold them to a FG here

Ummm, yes they did? Thanksgiving weekend 2019. UND were named the Fighting Hawks by then.
Thx for the correction. But they will never be fighting or flying Hawks.

Top Bottom