Week 1 Other Games Thread

Why can we not beat this Iowa team this year? why????
We have been right there with Iowa the last few years and just come up short. This is the year we bust through.....this Iowa offense is even worse than last year. If SDSU could get out of their own way of offense (dropped passes, penalties) they might be able to put together the one drive they may need to score the one TD they need to get the W.

Boo birds coming out in Iowa....hell I would boo that offense too....good lord it is hard to watch.

lol....while typing this Petras throws it right to SDSU LB......

PetrASS interception.

118 total yards of offense COMBINED in the first half right now.

NDSU and SDSU, purely in terms of on-field quality, are equivalent to upper level MAC teams.

Iowa lost to NDSU in 2016 and still went on to be 8-4 (beating the Gophers) and go to the Outback bowl.

If they do go on to lose this game to SDSU, it won’t mean merely as much as it will try to be sold to mean.

NDSU and SDSU, purely in terms of on-field quality, are equivalent to upper level MAC teams.

Iowa lost to NDSU in 2016 and still went on to be 8-4 (beating the Gophers) and go to the Outback bowl.

If they do go on to lose this game to SDSU, it won’t mean merely as much as it will try to be sold to mean.
The important part is that the Iowa offense looks like complete and total garbage. That is all that really matters. They are going to be strong on D and play well on special teams but their offense is a joke.

Not sure if anyone caught it last night but former gopher QB commit Sam Jackson looked like a special athlete for TCU in mop up duty against Colorado last night.

PetrASS interception.

118 total yards of offense COMBINED in the first half right now.
3-3 at the half in this punting exhibition. Not surprised that SDSU is struggling to score against Iowa but wow....58 total yards of offense for Iowa.....kind of wish the old schedule was still in play and we were taking them on in week 1.

I'm loving my under 42.5 on this one!

I bet this too. Actually got under 43....not that the extra half point is going to matter. Iowa....stinky. Of course....they'll probably have things figured out by the time they play us. Hopefully not.

Michigan's non-conference schedule is embarrassing. Colorado St, Hawaii, UConn all at home.

Minnesota's sked is hardly murderer's row, but at least Colorado is P5 and looked like a very even matchup when scheduled. Michigan knew all 3 of these games would be an unfair fight.

I bet this too. Actually got under 43....not that the extra half point is going to matter. Iowa....stinky. Of course....they'll probably have things figured out by the time they play us. Hopefully not.
They will.

It’s week 1, and SDSU’s starting D (if it stayed healthy) would not finish last in the Big Ten.

Not sure if anyone caught it last night but former gopher QB commit Sam Jackson looked like a special athlete for TCU in mop up duty against Colorado last night.
Special in mop up duty is not a thing.

Watching Iowa is making me fall asleep so I’m off to a nap! When I get up, SDSU better had beaten Iowa.

That was absolutely not running into the kicker in Iowa game

Either it is a no call because he was blocked into him or it was roughing the kicker…because he smoked the guys plant leg.

That was absolutely not running into the kicker in Iowa game

Either it is a no call because he was blocked into him or it was roughing the kicker…because he smoked the guys plant leg.
^^^

It was literally the definition of the rule. Change the rules, maybe… Officiating is in a bad place.

^^^

It was literally the definition of the rule. Change the rules, maybe… Officiating is in a bad place.
No idea what you are saying. Running into the kicker is an unintentional act

Jumping and crushing the punters plant leg is the definition of roughing the kicker

Only way that isn’t roughing the kicker is if they say the cut block is what caused him to hit the punter, but in that case…blocked into him…it is neither

Edit: you may have been agreeing with me in which case never mind LOL

Top Bottom