Week 1 Other Games Thread

I never thought I'd find myself rooting for North Dakota in any sport. Feels gross.
Maybe it works for hockey, but their football helmets/uniforms have to be the ugliest shade of green in college football.

I like how every year Nebraska is supposed to be back when they never have any star players. Like how are you predicting them to win when they have no preseason all conference guys?
Because they -- still, somehow -- have an absurd fanbase. Basically, bunch of people who signed up to be lifers in the 90's and that's not long ago enough that they've started to die off.

You have to tell them what they want to hear, for them to give you clicks, views, tune-ins, etc. That's how the media works.

Just absolutely crazy for UNC to agree to this game.

Would be exactly like the Gophers agreeing to play a game in Fargo or Brookings.
App St is in the Sun Belt so it’s more like going to N. Illinois or Bowling Green.

Brian Kelly’s LSU debut is going swimmingly.

I like Norvell. Think he will be successful at FSU.

Prediction. Fuente fired at V Tech and goes back to Memphis when they fire their current head coach.

LSU better get up to the ball once the officials come back.

The game should be over. It’s insane that they don’t have a 10 second run off like they do in the NFL.

OMG. As much as i like Norvell, per above, what a stupid call to pitch the ball. But, he gets bailed out. WOW.

Probably the best end of a game I've ever seen

Left end whiffed on the guy that blocked the kick. Practice. Practice. Practice.

College football is good.

It’s great for the fans. It’s great TV with probably great ratings.

But I’m not sure that I’d want that kind of atmosphere, that kind of pressure, that kind of game — in Week 1??

Jeez, it was like they just won (lost for LSU) the Sugar Bowl.

In Week 1.

How can you possibly avoid a let down (emotionally, etc) next week?

NDSU and SDSU are MAC level college football programs. Regardless, it still doesn't make a lick of sense.

It makes plenty of sense. Appalachian St is a top G5 program who has spent plenty of time ranked in the top 25 of the FBS over the last 3 years. They haven't been a FCS team for a long time.

It's no different than the Gophers scheduling Georgia Southern or Fresno St.

Top Bottom