Quarterbacks in the Transfer Portal

Pretty good article. I would think the AZ State QB would be interesting to go after. Looks like he's going to enroll for a semester back at ND to finish his degree, then look for a different school to play.

Pretty good article. I would think the AZ State QB would be interesting to go after. Looks like he's going to enroll for a semester back at ND to finish his degree, then look for a different school to play.

I’m sure to get the New Hampshire kid here we promised that he will start. If we bring in other quarterbacks, they will be back up type material and I shouldn’t even say that because we should have open competition after being burned so bad by 8. But, I don’t think we would’ve gotten our current commit without a wink wink about him starting. Overall, I’m fine with that the risk being he blows an ACL in fall camp then what? I don’t think there’s any doubt that he will be quite upgrade over what we’ve had around here post ‘19 it’s a damned low bar.

OSU QB to cuze of all places ..
Agree it's a bit on an odd choice, but the coaching staff probably promised him the chance to throw 40+ passes a game or something like that. I'm guessing McCord is looking for an offense that will provide him a showcase for a possible pro career. Probably not happening at Nebraska.

Agree it's a bit on an odd choice, but the coaching staff probably promised him the chance to throw 40+ passes a game or something like that. I'm guessing McCord is looking for an offense that will provide him a showcase for a possible pro career. Probably not happening at Nebraska.
He's from Philly. Syracuse is like 4 hours away. Could also be a factor.

Former UCLAquarterback Dante Moore, a five-star prospect in the Class of 2023, is transferring to Oregon, he announced Monday. Moore was the No. 2 QB available in The Athletic’s transfer portal rankings.

The rich get richer - Txs. Phil

Last edited:

Wow, I am underwhelmed by this pick. A backup from a G5 program with limited OK stats. More INTs than TDs. Listed at 6'0, so probably more like 5'10.
What type of backup would have satisfied your QBlust then?

Who were you expecting to get to back up our new no. 1 QB? A P5 starter? An untried QB who hasn’t played yet?
No doubt it is a bit harder and limiting because the QB has to be available in the portal or announced. How about a starter from another G5 school? Or a backup at a P5 school with more playing time than this guy. This guy is a backup at a G5 school. I think Fleck was a bit trapped in getting the UNH QB because he is seen as being the starter next year.

No doubt it is a bit harder and limiting because the QB has to be available in the portal or announced. How about a starter from another G5 school? Or a backup at a P5 school with more playing time than this guy. This guy is a backup at a G5 school. I think Fleck was a bit trapped in getting the UNH QB because he is seen as being the starter next year.
I agree and this may well have been the best we could hope for in this instance; hopefully 🤞 Brosmer lights it up and gabs the baton to Lindsay next year -we’re do for a great surprise 🎁 gift

That's because he is.

I agree and this may well have been the best we could hope for in this instance; hopefully 🤞 Brosmer lights it up and gabs the baton to Lindsay next year -we’re do for a great surprise 🎁 gift
Fife has stepped in and started several games in a row for a petty decent team. He has much more game experience than Cole Kramer. I actually think we have materially improved the back-up QB position with this move, but it is just my opinion.

Fife has stepped in and started several games in a row for a petty decent team. He has much more game experience than Cole Kramer. I actually think we have materially improved the back-up QB position with this move, but it is just my opinion.
I concur with your opinion on this and most FB topics and not just because I was taught to respect my elders😉.

Last edited:

Gophers QB Max Brosmer was a big get. The gavel came down on that.

Add Zeon Chriss (sp?) the Louisiana quarterback to the portal. I really liked him at Huntington earlier this year. Now that Fife has signed, will PJ let this ship sail?

Top Bottom