Quarterbacks in the Transfer Portal

100% to Iowa now (he’s from Des Moines area, I think). But he’d sure look good a RT for the Gopher.
So is that the guy that switched or decided at the last minute to pick Alabama over Iowa? Or something like that??

And started at LT as a true freshmen for the SEC champs.

Sources: Alabama's touted QB recruit Julian Sayin to enter portal
So the guy is transferring after a couple classes and not even a spring pass because the new coach isn’t Nick Saban. Doesn’t matter that DeBoer was hired as a pass game guru. Doesn’t matter that he cranked out the Heisman runner-up and nation’s pass yards leader. Doesn’t matter that Saban attempted to hire DeBoer’s OC last season.

These teen QBs are ruthless. Or maybe he’s just saying I don’t want to live in Alabama for the next 4 years if Saban’s not my head coach.

That interesting considering how few starting QB spots are still open following the initial stages of portal/transfer season.

I always ask myself - "Who are these players listening to?"

someone is whispering in their ear that "if you go in the portal, you can be a starter somewhere else, or you can get lots more NIL somewhere else."

in the college basketball scene, for years we've seen star players have hanger-ons who hope to benefit by association. now, that's moving more into the football realm.

Incredibly crowded QB room.

I would love to be able to add either Brown or Kienholz.
I always think it’s odd when posters here suggest that if Minnesota ever has more than one promising quarterback, then one of them will be unhappy and leave. Meanwhile, other programs are stockpiling QBs like 6-7 deep that would all be starters somewhere else. They usually totally ignore that.

I always think it’s odd when posters here suggest that if Minnesota ever has more than one promising quarterback, then one of them will be unhappy and leave. Meanwhile, other programs are stockpiling QBs like 6-7 deep that would all be starters somewhere else. They usually totally ignore that.
If you're going to sit on the bench, most would rather win while doing so. Ohio St. will once again contend for a national title, like they almost always do, while Minnesota will be extremely lucky to make a bowl game.

I don't know what point you thought you were trying to make.

If you're going to sit on the bench, most would rather win while doing so. Ohio St. will once again contend for a national title, like they almost always do, while Minnesota will be extremely lucky to make a bowl game.

The big programs also have tons of quarterbacks that transfer out every year.

Ohio State has had Quinn Ewers (TX), Joe Burrow (LSU), Tate Martell (Miami), Jack Miller (Florida), Kyle McCord (Syracuse).

What do you by mean extremely lucky to make a bowl game?

Would you call our bowl game this year anything other than extremely lucky?
Contextually, it came across as a general comment, not specific to this year. We're extremely consistent in making bowls since Fleck arrived.

Would you call our bowl game this year anything other than extremely lucky?
Yes and no. Working hard in the classroom to get the APR that they have is not luck. Are they "lucky" that the rule is in place? Maybe. Not sure I'd call that luck myself though - it is what it is.

Contextually, it came across as a general comment, not specific to this year. We're extremely consistent in making bowls since Fleck arrived.
I read it as if he was talking about next year, when six wins are not a sure thing.

So I'm assuming he's enrolled early at Alabama? Otherwise he would just have to ask out of his LOI.

I thought I read that his first day of classes was the day Saban resigned??

Thanks, that was my point. Gophs have been to bowls like 18 of the past 24 years.

Top Bottom