Quarterbacks in the Transfer Portal

I read it as if he was talking about next year, when six wins are not a sure thing.
I don't know that six wins are ever a sure thing for anyone in the P5 not considered a modern day helmet school, but you can reliably count on this team to find six wins unless we have a dud at qb, which we will not have a problem with next year. The two years under Fleck we haven't made six wins we've been hamstrung at signal caller. Anyone implying Brosmer will not be an upgrade from Kaliakmanis is bonkers with the resume he has, even if it's double A. Kid's a gamer.

What do you by mean extremely lucky to make a bowl game?
Let me try to restate it this way:

Minnesota will be extremely lucky to make a bowl game.

Rhode Island and Nevada are terrible, and we have a 95% chance or better to run away with both of those games.

We will most likely get drilled by UNC, and the conference schedule is no doubt the toughest in the Fleck era, and might be the toughest in several decades. This is coupled with our backslide into sub-mediocrity, and the ascension of typical conference punching bags (Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois) into respectable-to-good teams.

There is a nonzero chance that we are underdogs in every conference game next year.

The QB play will no doubt be better, but I don't think that's enough to close the gap with the conference opponents on our schedule.

Looking it at right now with non-homer glasses, I see 4-8 at best.

Rhode Island and Nevada are terrible, and we have a 95% chance or better to run away with both of those games.

We will most likely get drilled by UNC, and the conference schedule is no doubt the toughest in the Fleck era, and might be the toughest in several decades. This is coupled with our backslide into sub-mediocrity, and the ascension of typical conference punching bags (Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois) into respectable-to-good teams.

There is a nonzero chance that we are underdogs in every conference game next year.

The QB play will no doubt be better, but I don't think that's enough to close the gap with the conference opponents on our schedule.

At best?

You didn't wear your non-homer glasses, you wore your badger glasses. It's a six win team, minimum. We'll rise to the occasion.

You didn't wear your non-homer glasses, you wore your badger glasses. It's a six win team, minimum. We'll rise to the occasion.
It is a very tough schedule but there are plenty of winnable games on it. 2 almost certain wins in the preseason, Michigan, USC, and PSU will be in the "likely a loss" category, but pretty much every other game is winnable. If we lose to Mich, USC, and PSU we will need to go 4-3 to in the other games to go 6-6. Definitely doable but who knows at this point.

It is a very tough schedule but there are plenty of winnable games on it. 2 almost certain wins in the preseason, Michigan, USC, and PSU will be in the "likely a loss" category, but pretty much every other game is winnable. If we lose to Mich, USC, and PSU we will need to go 4-3 to in the other games to go 6-6. Definitely doable but who knows at this point.
I don't disagree, but I won't go straight to "realistic(cynic) mode" before we've even seen a snap. There weren't big expectations going into 2019 and we almost shit the bed against some not great noncon teams who were supposed to be gimmies on paper before becoming the best modern era Gopher team so far. Plus, with so many of these big name teams having players who, if things aren't going well for them personally/statistically/etc, can go full mercenary, stop giving full effort, and start planning ahead for their next move, I feel like the mantra of "any given Saturday" is more relevant now than it's been for a long time. Glass half full I guess🤷

Top Bottom