***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I'm with you... do less athlete hunting and go find guys that can actually ball. Basketball is about making baskets, being in the right spots, and staying in front of your man, it's about time this program found some of those guys. Look at Iowa and Wisconsin.
For the record, the leading scorer in this game right now is a guy who's really tall and huge and hasn't played a ton of basketball

Everyone of those players should be totally embarrassed with their play tonight. Maybe they learned something from that kicking!

Top 5???

Stop.

They are good but they are not top 5. That Duke team is normal Duke. Illinois has survived Ohio and lost to Mizzou already(Baylor is obviously elite).

They havnet played great D and the rebounding has been average until they play us. We just have absolutely no post play to stop them.
Yes top 5, they are a great all around team. If Illinois is gonna make a run it's gotta be this year because they won't always have this talent.

Im sure it's already been mentioned but why on earth sub out our big man after he drains 2 3's and has relatively held their big and you are up by double digits. All because he has 2 fouls? This is a top 5 team in the nation, you leave him in there until the wheels fall off!

All that said, this is a superior team and I am surprised we opened like we did. Wake up call for our starters and shows our lack of strength in our schedule thus far.

Dakich saying Gabe is a 45% shooter, I want whatever he is eating or smoking.

Clear the bench, let the walk ons play. Only thing that can happen now is one of the regulars could get hurt.

Anyone out there still thinking Gabe can turn it around? LOL

On the bright side, i didn't bother to watch the second half because i got distracted. Feels like half a victory.

In year 8 it’s still obvious that Pitino has no idea how to construct a big ten caliber roster. Does anyone know what style of play he aims for when he’s recruiting? Unfortunately it may be a month before this team wins a game.

Top Bottom