Fire PJ immediately please

The Gophers are no better than every other team in the B1G West. We could lose or win any. The whole division is terrible.
Agreed. Why do we always play not to lose? Are we afraid of being good? Raising the bar to higher level… Oh my god no. Hire Bobby Houck from Montana. At least he’s aggressive and plays to win.

I'm super annoyed at this very moment but the dude is safe. We still beat Iowa and own the Badgers and Huskers. This is the cost of a raised bar. We used to dance in the streets getting to bowl eligibility.

People have short memories.

But starting next year.....Fleck won't have soft schedules to pad the W/L records. He'll need to significantly improve his best or his seat will start getting warmer.

People have short memories.

But starting next year.....Fleck won't have soft schedules to pad the W/L records. He'll need to significantly improve his best or his seat will start getting warmer.
Starting next year the schedule is pretty much equallt as difficult as this year
And in 2025 I would argue it is easier than this year

Starting next year the schedule is pretty much equallt as difficult as this year
And in 2025 I would argue it is easier than this year

UNC, Michigan, USC, UCLA, PSU are all games that we'll likely be a TD+ dog in. Maybe not UCLA. But we only had three of those this year.....and this was one of the most difficult schedules we've had in a number of years. Things aren't getting easier.

UNC, Michigan, USC, UCLA, PSU are all games that we'll likely be a TD+ dog in. Maybe not UCLA. But we only had three of those this year.....and this was one of the most difficult schedules we've had in a number of years. Things aren't getting easier.
UCLA? 😂

They'd be the fourth best team on our schedule this year. Fact is.....ignoring the two G5 games....the five different opponents next year are all better teams outside of the Ohio State game. Zero question that next year's schedule is more difficult.

2023--------------------------2024
Ohio State--------------------USC
Nebraska-------------------Penn State
Northwestern----------------UCLA
Michigan State-------------Maryland
Purdue----------------------Rutgers

They'd be the fourth best team on our schedule this year. Fact is.....ignoring the two G5 games....the five different opponents next year are all better teams outside of the Ohio State game. Zero question that next year's schedule is more difficult.

2023--------------------------2024
Ohio State--------------------USC
Nebraska-------------------Penn State
Northwestern----------------UCLA
Michigan State-------------Maryland
Purdue----------------------Rutgers
Disagree.
That’s about the same in my opinion

2023 we had two immediate conf losses, Mich and Ohio State.

2024 we will have three: Mich, USC, and Penn State.

I don't put UCLA into that category, but they will be a tough game, on par with playing an Iowa/Wisc type game. Maryland, maybe a half step down from that.

While I am not happy with PJ (or coaching as a whole here), I don't think firing him will right the ship. I don't think we will ever be in the national championship discussions. We can strive for it, but realistically, the NCAA is moving to an elite division and the rest of us. The writing is on the wall. We don't have the money or the history (recent) to recruit like those elite schools do. Thats reality. The coaching staff was outcoached yesterday. We put players in uncomfortable positions because of poor coaching decisions. PJ needs to get out of his own way at times and let the players play. Playing not to lose is always seems to backfire at every level.

2023 we had two immediate conf losses, Mich and Ohio State.

2024 we will have three: Mich, USC, and Penn State.

I don't put UCLA into that category, but they will be a tough game, on par with playing an Iowa/Wisc type game. Maryland, maybe a half step down from that.
PJ fleck has the same win % against penn state as he doesn’t northwestern.
If you want to call a penn state team unbeatable you go right ahead
If you want to call a 7-3 USC team who likely ends with 4 or 5 losses unbeatable, you go right ahead.

USC has 5 double digit win seasons since 2009.
Iowa has 4
Wisconsin has 8
UCLA has 2
Penn state has 5
Michigan state has 7
Washington has 4

Last edited:

Only someone trolling tries to convince that Penn State is the same thing as Iowa.

Beat Iowa 31-0. Yep, they're the exact same thing as Iowa.

The Gophers are no better than every other team in the B1G West. We could lose or win any. The whole division is terrible.

I think this applies to the entire B1G outside of Michigan, OSU, and PSU. The Gophers should be at the top of the rest, but unfortunately they are not.

You can go ahead and crown a bunch of above average programs if you want

OSU, MSU, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue = combined record of 23-22
PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, USC, UCLA = combined records of 32-14

You seem to want to ride a bad take down the rabbit hole.

Only someone trolling tries to convince that Penn State is the same thing as Iowa.

Beat Iowa 31-0. Yep, they're the exact same thing as Iowa.
No one has claimed Iowa has a better team than penn state this year

Iowa has won 2 of the past 3 vs penn state.
Minnesota has 1 of the last 2

Illinois has won 2 of 5 and 1 of 2

You’re right though. Penn state is unbeatable year in and year out 😂

OSU, MSU, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue = combined record of 23-22
PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, USC, UCLA = combined records of 32-14

You seem to want to ride a bad take down the rabbit hole.
Are we only talking about this year?
Because I’m not talking about only this year

17-45 loss in a game that didn't even feel that close.

Yep, 50/50 toss-up game! For sure! :ROFLMAO:

Are we only talking about this year?
Because I’m not talking about only this year

So your comparison of those two schedules is based off nothing. Not actual results or trends. Please.....go on.

With the one-time transfer, portal, and NIL .... you really can only go off this year, for looking forward.

Past years are essentially a red herring.

So your comparison of those two schedules is based off nothing. Not actual results or trends. Please.....go on.
10-15 year trends

You’re right though.
UCLA
Penn state
Washington
Unbeatable!

With the one-time transfer, portal, and NIL .... you really can only go off this year, for looking forward.

Past years are essentially a red herring.
Got it. Moving forward I will only agree with your points!

The truth is somewhere on the spectrum.

But we should be considering results from the 2008 season, for the 2024 and beyond seasons??

That's just not honesty. Not sure what it is

Top Bottom