Fire PJ immediately please

We really don't know because of roster turnover. All I said was.....look at the five conference games that we are flipping:

2023: OSU, Nebraska, MSU, Northwestern, Purdue
2024: PSU, USC, UCLA, Rutgers, Maryland

We're trading in several games against pretty bad teams.....for much tougher opponents. Maryland has been respectable for a few years now....and Rutgers appears to have turned a corner. Seems pretty clear to me that the road is more difficult next year.
I thought you said the schedule was tougher because of expansion. I didn’t realize you meant the 2014 expansion!

When you put the teams we gain and the teams we lose next year and consider there is a high likelihood Drake Maye goes pro, I feel even more confident saying there isn’t a ton of difference.

I thought you said the schedule was tougher because of expansion. I didn’t realize you meant the 2014 expansion!

When you put the teams we gain and the teams we lose next year and consider there is a high likelihood Drake Maye goes pro, I feel even more confident saying there isn’t a ton of difference.

Because of expansion and because of the removal of divisions. Really don't understand how you can say otherwise.

Because of expansion and because of the removal of divisions. Really don't understand how you can say otherwise.
Because the teams we lose from the schedule are about the same as the teams we gain on the schedule. I really don’t understand how you say otherwise.

You’re right though. The year we play Ohio state, Michigan, Oregon, Washington, Iowa, wisconsin, penn state, USC, UCLA all the same year will be a tough schedule.

Because the teams we lose from the schedule are about the same as the teams we gain on the schedule. I really don’t understand how you say otherwise.

You’re right though. The year we play Ohio state, Michigan, Oregon, Washington, Iowa, wisconsin, penn state, USC, UCLA all the same year will be a tough schedule.

Nebraska, MSU, Northwestern and Purdue =/= USC, UCLA, Rutgers, Maryland.

The only people who'd say otherwise don't know anything about college football.

Easier to find for what?

Fleck isn’t getting fired.
Find the thread

You didn't know Coyle makes his HC firing decisions based on reading this forum?

Last edited:

No matter how many times you support him, Fleck can’t get it done, is never going to get it done.
How will you justify backing him if he loses to Bowling Green again?
By comparing his conference winning percentage to any gopher coach in my lifetime.

If this year's results are some kind of new normal, he will get fired soon enough. But down years happen, and given his track record, there's no reason to think that this wasn't just a down year. Another loss to Bowling Green wouldn't change that (though it would be embarassing).

By comparing his conference winning percentage to any gopher coach in my lifetime.

If this year's results are some kind of new normal, he will get fired soon enough. But down years happen, and given his track record, there's no reason to think that this wasn't just a down year. Another loss to Bowling Green wouldn't change that (though it would be embarassing).

I hear you. at the same time, the rules have changed since Fleck came to MN. the portal and NIL have changed how coaches must operate. So what Fleck - or any other coach - may have done in the past may not mean the same going forward.

to be clear - I am saying that in order to maintain the level of success he has had at MN, Fleck is going to have to adapt to the new circumstances. and how fans and the media evaluate Fleck will depend - in large part - on how well he is able to adapt.

I hear you. at the same time, the rules have changed since Fleck came to MN. the portal and NIL have changed how coaches must operate. So what Fleck - or any other coach - may have done in the past may not mean the same going forward.

to be clear - I am saying that in order to maintain the level of success he has had at MN, Fleck is going to have to adapt to the new circumstances. and how fans and the media evaluate Fleck will depend - in large part - on how well he is able to adapt.

blabbity blah

Every coach in college football will have to adapt to these changes. Every coach is in the process of attempting to adapt to the the portal and NIL.

Some will adapt better than others. We'll have to wait to see who is most successful at it.

I don't get you people.

When PJ was hired here he was the perfect candidate. Energy, culture, proven winner, NFL experience as a player, etc.

In the last 6 years the actual College Football system has completely changed. PJ can build teams they developing youth and by the time they are juniors and seniors they can hang with and best the big boys ( Penn State, Auburn, etc).

Then, college football went from one system to a system that is completely the opposite of what we can do at the University of Minnesota. It is now pay to get me here, I will.leave if I don't start from day 1, and new conferences.

PJ was the right hire.

There is no hire that the U could make now that will change what college football has become.

It truly is over for teams like us, Vanderbilt, Purdue, Oregon State, Kansas, etc.

College football has always had a few elite teams at the top, and then various tiers of teams below them.

When the B1G adapted divisions, it was fun while it lasted. With Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State all in the East, it gave second-tier teams in the West something tangible to compete for.

Now you'll have a small number of elite teams in the playoff, and the rest will be hoping to just make it to a decent bowl.

College football has always had a few elite teams at the top, and then various tiers of teams below them.

When the B1G adapted divisions, it was fun while it lasted. With Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State all in the East, it gave second-tier teams in the West something tangible to compete for.

Now you'll have a small number of elite teams in the playoff, and the rest will be hoping to just make it to a decent bowl.
Perhaps making it to a decent bowl is more realistic for most college football fans and is probably a pretty good thing. Attending a bowl game is pretty fun too!

It appears that PJ career at Minnesota is much like AK. Much excitement to begin with, high energy, both had high expectations and promises, both have had some good games. Ultimately reality hit both in the nose and things got messy. Now PJ is a multimillionaire, and the fans are asking what happened.

It appears that PJ career at Minnesota is much like AK. Much excitement to begin with, high energy, both had high expectations and promises, both have had some good games. Ultimately reality hit both in the nose and things got messy. Now PJ is a multimillionaire, and the fans are asking what happened.
Not even close, PJ has 3 9+ win seasons, 4 bowl victories, brought the axe back, Sends players to the nfl, your a dumbass this is minnesota not michigan you need a reality check

Top Bottom