Buffs - Coach Prime

For a religious man Prime publicly displays an unusual amount of pride, ego, and self-sorrow.

He’s complicated. I personally find him annoying and fake AF but I know many others dig that style. Agree to disagree. If he wins he has a right to crow about it. Many, including myself expect that type of culture to self-destruct at some point. It will be an interesting side show all season, which is really what most of us want- entertainment from the dregs of daily life.
I remember reading about Jesus riding in on a donkey saying "I told you I was comin'. I told you I was comin'. You thought I was joking but guess what? I kept the receipts."

I have a high distrust of overtly pious people, and also find him fake AF. But, whatever. He ain't the first blowhard and certainly won't be the last.

There are still lots of recruiting rules that have to be followed. but yeah it is certainly tougher to get busted for violations, still possible but tougher.

Im going to go out on a limb and say a majority were going to give him respect for that performance. He didnt need to play the victim card to gain the respect. He can continue to ignore the fact to took an unconventional approach to creating a team that has never been done to this level which is why people criticized him.....Go ahead and create a narrative that isnt there
He threw himself for a loss with that comment. You do not gain respect for playing a victim card, race or any other.

It’s not like he beat Alabama. TCU is a good program, and it’s a good win. But it’s not that crazy. I thought he’d get Colorado to 5-6 wins this year, but so far the attention they’ve gotten is pretty huge.

I will say give him props, a good win for sure.

It’s not like he beat Alabama. TCU is a good program, and it’s a good win. But it’s not that crazy. I thought he’d get Colorado to 5-6 wins this year, but so far the attention they’ve gotten is pretty huge.

I will say give him props, a good win for sure.
Yeah, Colorado is clearly improved and it was an impressive win but it remains to be seen just how good TCU is because they did not look like the same team as the one that played for the title last year. Won't be surprised at all if they are not a top 25 team at the end of the year and were only ranked because you can't really leave the team that played for the championship the year before out of the top 25 the next year.

As for Colorado, their first 5 games are going to tell us a lot about just how good this collection of mercenaries really is. TCU, Nebraska, Colorado State, Oregon, USC.....will be interesting to see where they sit when that stretch is over.

Yeah, Colorado is clearly improved and it was an impressive win but it remains to be seen just how good TCU is because they did not look like the same team as the one that played for the title last year. Won't be surprised at all if they are not a top 25 team at the end of the year and were only ranked because you can't really leave the team that played for the championship the year before out of the top 25 the next year.

As for Colorado, their first 5 games are going to tell us a lot about just how good this collection of mercenaries really is. TCU, Nebraska, Colorado State, Oregon, USC.....will be interesting to see where they sit when that stretch is over.
The fact that we are now splitting hairs on just how good TCU really is shows how far Colorado has come. The 2022 Colorado team would have been absolutely destroyed by this TCU team last year.

The goalposts for Prime in Year 1 should be: competent football team. They are there now and that is a massive improvement. If they exceed competent and are a genuine good football team, Sanders should win coach of the year. If they win the Pac 12, it's the greatest coaching job in college football history.

The fact that we are now splitting hairs on just how good TCU really is shows how far Colorado has come. The 2022 Colorado team would have been absolutely destroyed by this TCU team last year.

The goalposts for Prime in Year 1 should be: competent football team. They are there now and that is a massive improvement. If they exceed competent and are a genuine good football team, Sanders should win coach of the year. If they win the Pac 12, it's the greatest coaching job in college football history.
I honestly had Colorado as the worst team in FBS last year. As someone who has been a fan for about 2 years (NCAA 14 dynasty) I am super happy to see what they look like they could be. I know I haven’t really suffered like people who have been Colorado fans for longer but man it’s exciting!

Without Deion (and his recruits) this game is over after the first quarter.

Only reason he got a shot was his exceptional athletic ability, which has very little to do with coaching.

He is being the voice for all the other black men who have been passed over.

For some reason that really bothers you.
Wonder why?
Maybe it was partly because he did a great job coaching at Jackson State ? Or did Jackson State hire him because he was a great athlete. ?

Last edited:

The Nebraska defense will be all over Colorado and the O line will push them around. Teams all look flashing in a league that doesn't play defense.
That wasn’t a conference game but I get your point

Lol Colorado -3 vs Nebraska
Makes sense to me. If it was in Lincoln I would be thinking Nebraska victory. In Boulder, toss up but I still lean Nebraska.
I know TCU won a playoff game last year BUT:

TCU didn’t win their conference last year
2021 - 5-7
2020 - 6-4
2019 - 5-7

I’m just not sure they have the talent to pencil in perennial 10 win team

Will be interesting to see the uptick in applications to Boulder and donations; sports is the porch/front door for your university.

Will be interesting to see the uptick in applications to Boulder and donations; sports is the porch/front door for your university.
I would guess they’ve already seen it.
They have legitimately 2 of the top probably 40 players in the country including one of those guys at QB.

Line play will determine if that’s enough to make them pac 12 second tier or pac 12 contenders. I see at least 4 losses on the schedule and suspect they’ll go 6-2 or 7-1 in the other 8 games…not 8-0. 6 to 8 wins.

The Colorado-Nebraska game will be very interesting to watch and I am looking forward to it. I think Colorado comes in overconfident and everyone has told them how great they are all week. Can they continue to ride this wave or does reality set in and they come crashing down?? I think Nebraska does have a good defense and they aren't going to get torched by this team. Their offense showed almost nothing vs. the Gophers other than they have a running QB. But -- remember the Gophers have a pretty good defense too, so that is in play here too.

From a Gophers standpoint, it will certainly look good for us if the Huskers shut them down or if they score a ton of points on them. If Colorado waxes them on both offense and defense the Minnesota victory is much more questionable from a national view.

I am looking forward to watching this game and seeing how they do. I am hoping Nebraska gets it together and throttles them as it makes the Gophers win a whole lot better!!

I would guess they’ve already seen it.
For next school year and beyond; Coach K turned Duke into a destination school. The more applicants, the more selective you can be, if desired.

The concept is a phenomena and the fact that U didn’t get it for decades, shows what a backwards arse approach they had. A Rising Boat Lifts All Tides.
They have legitimately 2 of the top probably 40 players in the country including one of those guys at QB.
Agreed.
Line play will determine if that’s enough to make them pac 12 second tier or pac 12 contenders. I see at least 4 losses on the schedule and suspect they’ll go 6-2 or 7-1 in the other 8 games…not 8-0. 6 to 8 wins.
I never said they would be undefeated, but they’re relevant again and the talk of college football after the first weekend.

For next school year and beyond; Coach K turned Duke into a destination school. The more applicants, the more selective you can be, if desired.

The concept is a phenomena and the fact that U didn’t get it for decades, shows what a backwards arse approach they had. A Rising Boat Lifts All Tides.

Agreed.

I never said they would be undefeated, but they’re relevant again and the talk of college football after the first weekend.
We don’t disageee

The Colorado-Nebraska game will be very interesting to watch and I am looking forward to it. I think Colorado comes in overconfident and everyone has told them how great they are all week. Can they continue to ride this wave or does reality set in and they come crashing down?? I think Nebraska does have a good defense and they aren't going to get torched by this team. Their offense showed almost nothing vs. the Gophers other than they have a running QB. But -- remember the Gophers have a pretty good defense too, so that is in play here too.

From a Gophers standpoint, it will certainly look good for us if the Huskers shut them down or if they score a ton of points on them. If Colorado waxes them on both offense and defense the Minnesota victory is much more questionable from a national view.

I am looking forward to watching this game and seeing how they do. I am hoping Nebraska gets it together and throttles them as it makes the Gophers win a whole lot better!!
Yeah this should be a fun one. We should all be big Nebraska fans for the rest of the season.

Coach prime with gold "Prime" bling, gold letters on black sweatshirt, and black cowboy hat.

1693868276996.png

It’s not PRO sports yet. The players he blew off worked their entire lives to earn that scholarship. To me what he did epitomizes the WORST in amateur athletics.
Any of them who wanted a scholarship to stay at Colorado were given that opportunity. The school honored their scholarship as a student.

Yeah this should be a fun one. We should all be big Nebraska fans for the rest of the season.
Why? I hope Nebraska gets throttled. It is fun to watch that program die. I will never forget 84-13. It is enjoying watching that fan base year after year trying to regain their former glory. If Prime truly succeeds he will be gone and Colorado will descend to being bad again.

Why? I hope Nebraska gets throttled. It is fun to watch that program die. I will never forget 84-13. It is enjoying watching that fan base year after year trying to regain their former glory. If Prime truly succeeds he will be gone and Colorado will descend to being bad again.
Makes our win look better, plus could help us win the West.

Coach Prime with gold cobra on black lounge jacket -- with shades and munchies.

deion-sanders-almonds-1-082923-a1718a11c8b740b892e60cbbae5a8bc5.jpg

Top Bottom