Buffs - Coach Prime

How does anyone doubt him? All he does is Win.
And play the always trustworthy Race Card: “We’re doing things that have never been done, and that makes people uncomfortable,” Sanders said. “When you see a confident Black man sitting up here talking his talk, walking his walk, coaching 75% African Americans in the locker room, that’s kind of threatening. Oh, they don’t like that.”

Such a victim of oppression is Coach Sanders.

Put some respect on that man’s name!! Great job motivating his team! Well done Buffalos 🦬 View attachment 26718
Im going to go out on a limb and say a majority were going to give him respect for that performance. He didnt need to play the victim card to gain the respect. He can continue to ignore the fact to took an unconventional approach to creating a team that has never been done to this level which is why people criticized him.....Go ahead and create a narrative that isnt there

For a religious man Prime publicly displays an unusual amount of pride, ego, and self-sorrow.

He’s complicated. I personally find him annoying and fake AF but I know many others dig that style. Agree to disagree. If he wins he has a right to crow about it. Many, including myself expect that type of culture to self-destruct at some point. It will be an interesting side show all season, which is really what most of us want- entertainment from the dregs of daily life.

Is Prime a big FSU backer? Is that the end goal to coach FSU back to glory? Be a great story.

Yeah, him acting like it is a big shock that he did well at the power 5 level after coming from the lower level is kind of a joke. He could have been a power 5 player out of high school, so could Hunter but they chose to play for Sanders as opposed to taking the more high profile offers. I mean look at that list that was linked, he could have gone pretty much anywhere out of high school. This isn't some rags to riches story.
Point of my post was more informational for some on here who weren’t familiar with his pedigree. I actually respect Hunter’s decision to be a contrarian (always harder to blaze your own path, than following others).

Most players would like to play for their pops; I was fortunate to do so fortwo seasons in Legion Ball and those are some of my best moments with my dad - other than when he gave me the bunt sign, I missed it and homered on the next pitch and we beat Tommy Quinlan and his St. Paul Park team to win our 4th of July tourney.

I hope he and the Buffs ball out all season long- I like excellence and excitement and was referred to as a cocky SOB lots of time. So I dig me some Prime from time to time😉 and when I don’t I can flip the channel.

I watched Dylan Edwards play a handful of games at Derby, KS HS. He was unstoppable. Speedy, shifty, smart. Not surprised that he's already excelling at Colorado. He was originally going to follow his father at KSU, then was coaxed to uncommit to attend Notre Dame. Then he was lured to Colorado and has begun his college career there.

Is Prime a big FSU backer? Is that the end goal to coach FSU back to glory? Be a great story.

Lot of people wondering that. Have seen quite a few speculating that his plan may be to have a successful season or two at Colorado and get an NFL job out of it. Though like Lou Holtz, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer before him that style of coaching and more importantly, having to acquire talent through a Draft rather than dazzling kids tends to kill careers.

Gopher Basketball needs to hire a flamethrower like Prime. This current situation is trash

Point of my post was more informational for some on here who weren’t familiar with his pedigree. I actually respect Hunter’s decision to be a contrarian (always harder to blaze your own path, than following others).

Most players would like to play for their pops; I was fortunate to do so fortwo seasons in Legion Ball and those are some of my best moments with my dad - other than when he gave me the bunt sign, I missed it and homered on the next pitch and we beat Tommy Quinlan and his St. Paul Park team to win our 4th of July tourney.

I hope he and the Buffs ball out all season long- I like excellence and excitement and was referred to as a cocky SOB lots of time. So I dig me some Prime from time to time😉 and when I don’t I can flip the channel.
don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back too hard

don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back too hard
Apparently you didn’t read the following paragraph -
————————-
——————-

Class Dismissed 😉😎

Last edited:

Don’t fault any of the guys that chose to play for Sanders at Jackson, can totally understand the appeal, especially playing for your dad.

But Shadeur and Hunter are not HBCU players who moved up to power 5 and are having success. They are high level power 5 players that chose to go play at a HBCU and have now returned to power 5 where based on talent they should have been all along.

Kind of like when in youth sports you have a traveling level player playing in house sports against lesser competition for one reason or another.

Don’t fault any of the guys that chose to play for Sanders at Jackson, can totally understand the appeal, especially playing for your dad.

But Shadeur and Hunter are not HBCU players who moved up to power 5 and are having success. They are high level power 5 players that chose to go play at a HBCU and have now returned to power 5 where based on talent they should have been all along.
Fair enough - FYI, Hunter was the #1 ranked recruit in his class- amazing he convinced him to go to JSU, pre NIL.

Fair enough - FYI, Hunter was the #1 ranked recruit in his class- amazing he convinced him to go to JSU, pre NIL.
Lol. Going to bet Coach Prime found some way to make it worth Hunters while on the financial end.

But I am sure the appeal of playing for someone like Sanders was also a massive draw for Hunter. Their games have a lot in common. Will be interesting to see if Hunter’s body can hold up to that many snaps at power 5 level. Kid is an amazing athlete.

agreed. it is more similar to someone who goes and plays JUCO (or prep school to a lesser extent) to prep themselves for the next level but that always had the talent. A la Cam Newton going to Blinn, Rodgers, etc. That being said, well done by Sanders to get Hunter there. Very atypical when you have the offer list he did provided he had the grades to get in anywhere (and by all regards, certainly seems he could have/has no reason to be regarded otherwise that I've heard).

Supposedly was all driven by the relationship he build with Hunter's mother and with Hunter himself (I guess Sanders likes fishing?).

Lol. Going to bet Coach Prime found some way to make it worth Hunters while on the financial end.

But I am sure the appeal of playing for someone like Sanders was also a massive draw for Hunter. Their games have a lot in common. Will be interesting to see if Hunter’s body can hold up to that many snaps at power 5 level. Kid is an amazing athlete.
I hope Hunter can - he sure is a blast to watch.

agreed. it is more similar to someone who goes and plays JUCO (or prep school to a lesser extent) to prep themselves for the next level but that always had the talent. A la Cam Newton going to Blinn, Rodgers, etc. That being said, well done by Sanders to get Hunter there. Very atypical when you have the offer list he did provided he had the grades to get in anywhere (and by all regards, certainly seems he could have/has no reason to be regarded otherwise that I've heard).

Supposedly was all driven by the relationship he build with Hunter's mother and with Hunter himself (I guess Sanders likes fishing?).
Randy Miss loves fishing 🎣 2.

I don’t think Deion is Prime in his private life anymore than Baron Van Raschke was The Claw.

I hope Hunter can - he sure is a blast to watch.
129 snaps in game....I just don't know how anyone could keep that up for a whole season at the power 5 level but I guess we will see. If he sees a similar number of snaps all year he will essentially play twice as many snaps as the typical player over the course of the season.

If he plays like he did in game 1 for the rest of the year he should be a lock for the Heisman trophy. Kid is a special talent, that interception he had was next level.

And play the always trustworthy Race Card: “We’re doing things that have never been done, and that makes people uncomfortable,” Sanders said. “When you see a confident Black man sitting up here talking his talk, walking his walk, coaching 75% African Americans in the locker room, that’s kind of threatening. Oh, they don’t like that.”

Such a victim of oppression is Coach Sanders.

Only reason he got a shot was his exceptional athletic ability, which has very little to do with coaching.

He is being the voice for all the other black men who have been passed over.

For some reason that really bothers you.
Wonder why?

Yes, you are correct, he’ll throw for 400+ against Nebby
I’d bet against that. But the CU offensive coordinator is good and outdueled Briles. Lewis will be a head coach at a P5 next year I would guess. Not sure why Briles threw it so much, the Hunter goal line int was on 3rd and half a yard from the 5, why would he pass there?

Maybe I'm just overly insecure about our performance but I really the hope that 3-3-5 confuses the F out of Colorado like it did to us. Nebby has tape on Colorado's offense, hopefully they can do something good with it. I don't care who wins, but as much as I want to be entertained I don't want that game to turn into a track meet or a drubbing in CU's favor.

I’d bet against that. But the CU offensive coordinator is good and outdueled Briles. Lewis will be a head coach at a P5 next year I would guess. Not sure why Briles threw it so much, the Hunter goal line int was on 3rd and half a yard from the 5, why would he pass there?
And if you are going to throw there why would you throw it in Hunter's direction?

A few posts I really liked:

PMWinSTP

1) I think it settles down next year. A vast majority of the current players are his recruits. Interestingly, Indiana brought in 23 transfers and ASU brought in 31.

btowngopher

2) Vegas had TCU’s win total at 7.5, same as us. No reason they should’ve been ranked. Nebraska win total was 6.5.

MNVCGUY

3) TCU strikes me as a strong candidate to be one of those teams that starts ranked and finishes unranked. Right now I think the perception of this win for Colorado is way bigger than the reality but time will tell.

MNVCGUY

4) But Shadeur and Hunter are not HBCU players who moved up to power 5 and are having success. They are high level power 5 players that chose to go play at a HBCU and have now returned to power 5 where based on talent they should have been all along.

My additions to the above:

1) Is this part of why Ohio St "underperformed" against Indiana? We forget Indiana is a P5 program and has the ability to attract transfers especially from lower levels. They can have a rebound year and not be terrible. The transfer portal is an amazing change to the game.

2) & 3) Colorado barely beat TCU and Nebraska barely lost to Minnesota. All these teams are likely about equal. TCU was probably overrated due to their run last year. TCU defeated seven Big 12 opponents last year by an average of 6.9 points. In addition, they had 8 players drafted in 2023 NFL Draft and an additional 5 picked up as free agents. That is a huge talent drain on a team that doesn't recruit exceptionally well.

4) Colorado has some very high end talent, but is extremely thin. How many more games do they lose if Hunter gets hurt or even nicked up? He is probably their best player on both sides of the ball and has a heavy workload. It's a good thing that he doesn't play more physical positions. Definitely in the running for the Heisman. How many coaches would allow him to play both ways? Deon, with his background, understands him like very few ever could.

I'm really looking forward to this Nebraska-Colorado game!!!

Top Bottom