Buffs - Coach Prime

You sick of Row the Boat?

Nope. That's just a saying like brick by brick, war eagle, all in, team, etc.

Not even remotely close to the same thing. Nice try though.

The minute it's coach row the boat, then absolutely. But it's not.

NCAA has made the transfer and NIL rules so loose it is difficult to cheat.
There are still lots of recruiting rules that have to be followed. but yeah it is certainly tougher to get busted for violations, still possible but tougher.

Nope. That's just a saying like brick by brick, war eagle, all in, team, etc.

Not even remotely close to the same thing. Nice try though.

The minute it's coach row the boat, then absolutely. But it's not.
It's Fleck's brand, just like Prime, and Prime brand has been around a lot longer.

People already writing off Nebby next week lol! Deion faced a garbage D as most of the Big12 has! Nebraska may not win, but Colorado won't be putting up video game like offense against them!!!!
Let’s not ignore Colorado’s defense looked worse than last year vs TCU. Nebraska should have no problem running the ball.

They just showed a preview of next weeks Nebraska Colorado game and it was literally a Nebraska player and coach sanders used to represent the team graphic. Kind of lame if you ask me. Why not use a picture of a student athlete? All media has become garbage.
Gopher basketball did the same thing during the tubby era

You know, calling him "Coach Prime" doesn't make one sound cool or hip. It makes one sound like a 3 year old. Sanders, or Deion (as we call our guy P.J.) works fine. I'll add that whenever Sanders talks tough I remember how allergic he was to tackling or any other physical part of the game. A bigger coward to tackle the ball carrier you will never see in the NFL.

It is amazing how much the perception of a team's quality is based on offense. We win 13-10, and most are concerned about how bad our offense was. Colorado wins like they did, and most are impressed with how good their offense was. I think after the first game, we looked better than Colorado. Our defense was better than their offense, and our offense was nowhere near as bad as their defense.

Yes
He is a win at all costs guy, those guys usually aren't the most ethical. I'm sure Nick Saban, Kirby Smart and Urban Meyer are as pure as the wind driven snow.
🤣

It's time that big time college athletes are professionals with protections of a Union. Do it right and college football could take down the NFL.
Unionizing underdeveloped players won't make the league more popular. Neither the NCAA or NFL have any interest in "taking each other down." The relationship is mutually beneficial. If the NFL wanted to crush college football they just get rid of the three year rule. But they won't because they need college football to develop their future players.

It is amazing how much the perception of a team's quality is based on offense. We win 13-10, and most are concerned about how bad our offense was. Colorado wins like they did, and most are impressed with how good their offense was. I think after the first game, we looked better than Colorado. Our defense was better than their offense, and our offense was nowhere near as bad as their defense.
This is a really good point. Defense was 100% optional in that game as both teams looked like complete garbage on that side of the ball. TCU missed an insane amount of tackles, I mean it was pathetic.

But yeah, Colorado may end up ranked due to the hype around them and beating what (at least after week 1) looks like a really overrated TCU team. I know they played in the National Championship game last year but that team looked like a shell of last year's squad.

Colorado vs. Nebraska will be very interesting. Nebraska now has a week of game film on Colorado to find some holes in their attack, and if the Colorado defense continues to be non-existant Nebraska will put up some points on them. Will also be interesting to see what TCU does moving forward because I was not impressed with what I saw out of them. Even their coach had a comment after halftime about not knowing what the heck his team was doing out there or something to that effect.

The hype surrounding Colorado will explode after that game, and there is no doubt they have assembled an impressive group of athletes, but the real question is how they will do when they play a team that actually puts up a fight on D as opposed to whatever the heck that was from TCU yesterday. Maybe Colorado is just that good, or maybe they will be exposed. Will be fun to see how it plays out because we know they will be all over the pregame shows so we won't be able to miss it.

Well, we'll know a little more after next week after they play Nebby at home.

That said, CU who won one game last year, beat a 13 win CFP team on the road while Gophs beat a team that has won 10 games total in the past three seasons at home in front of a sold out crowd. Can you see the difference?

Last edited:

I'm sick of talking about Deion Sanders let's talk about Shedeur Sanders.

He was the real breakout star yesterday. Young man might be on the 1st round draft track now.

Where is the evidence? Other than one factor I can't think of a reason someone would insinuate what you did.
I will say it is probably hard to focus on academics when you have a philosophy of keeping guys for 1 or 2 years and hitting the portal hard. Time will tell what his philosophy will be in terms of keeping players for 4 years. Maybe he will settle in and keep guys around but it seems he is extra aggressive in running underperforming players off. We will know a lot more in 3 or 4 years.

Saw a X today that said CU sold over $300K in tickets yesterday after the win and that multiple of their games are now sold out and most of the games are almost sold out.

Like him or not, he got CU back in national’s attention (negative or positive). Their AD was CRYING yesterday because he was so emotionally joyed.

Remember how we felt after our PSU win in 2019? That’s CU right now except they have ALL the professional athletes praising them because of PRIME!

I will say it is probably hard to focus on academics when you have a philosophy of keeping guys for 1 or 2 years and hitting the portal hard. Time will tell what his philosophy will be in terms of keeping players for 4 years. Maybe he will settle in and keep guys around but it seems he is extra aggressive in running underperforming players off. We will know a lot more in 3 or 4 years.
I think it settles down next year. A vast majority of the current players are his recruits. Interestingly, Indiana brought in 23 transfers and ASU brought in 31.

Remember how we felt after our PSU win in 2019? That’s CU right now except they have ALL the professional athletes praising them because of PRIME!
I dunno...the Gophers were 9-0 well into November after PSU. Serious football people were, on camera, saying that it was bullshit for Minnesota to be ranked below Alabama in the CFP. (it was)

Colorado is clearly improved but TCU might also be regressing to the mean after a lot of close wins in 2022 and losing a lot of key guys.

They beat a team who won a playoff game last year.
We beat a team that hasn’t been to a bowl game in how long

I do think TCU is more like a mid level team than a top 15 team this year though. Will be interesting how many Colorado wins this year. I’m going to say 6 or 7 regular season after that TCU win.
I think TCU wins 7 or 8

I hope Nebraska thrashes CO.
I hope so too, but what if they don't win at Folsom? What does that say about Nebby? More importantly, what does that say about the Buffs? Are they the real deal after a wholesale turnover of their roster?

I'm sick of talking about Deion Sanders let's talk about Shedeur Sanders.

He was the real breakout star yesterday. Young man might be on the 1st round draft track now.
He’s the real deal - he was headed to FSU originally and his offer list was impressive to say the least -

My point is- blame the NCAA. They clearly could care less about the athletes who aren’t at the top of the sport.

The unfortunate reality is that it’s now going to be damn near impossible for a coach to be successful the “old fashioned” way. Especially one who’s taking over the worst team in P5. That’s the world the NCAA has created.
No, just because it is not against the rules doesn't mean you should do it. The strength of the NCAA has been diluted into nothing.

The Nebraska defense will be all over Colorado and the O line will push them around. Teams all look flashing in a league that doesn't play defense.

Vegas had TCU’s win total at 7.5, same as us. No reason they should’ve been ranked. Nebraska win total was 6.5.
Did a breakdown of the preseason top 25 last year and the post season top 25 last year in a different thread and it was pretty amazing how many ranked teams to start the year were unranked when it ended.

TCU was in the National Championship game last year so they almost had to be ranked going into this year but the fact they were ranked 17 is somewhat telling as you would expect a team that played for the title the previous year to at least be in the top 10.

TCU strikes me as a strong candidate to be one of those teams that starts ranked and finishes unranked. Right now I think the perception of this win for Colorado is way bigger than the reality but time will tell.

He’s the real deal - he was headed to FSU originally and his offer list was impressive to say the least -

Yeah, him acting like it is a big shock that he did well at the power 5 level after coming from the lower level is kind of a joke. He could have been a power 5 player out of high school, so could Hunter but they chose to play for Sanders as opposed to taking the more high profile offers. I mean look at that list that was linked, he could of gone pretty much anywhere out of high school. This isn't some rags to riches story.

Top Bottom