Buffs - Coach Prime

Not sure I agree with you about "his act". Sanders is an incredibly charismatic person who is going to bring an incredible amount of attention to the Colorado football program and he's going to put kids into the NFL. He also happens to have assembled a fantastic coaching staff. I also wouldn't make the mistake of assuming that whatever we see on TV with reporters is what the players see at practice and in the locker room.

National exposure on TV and going to the NFL are things that are never, ever, Ever going to get old among college football recruits and players. Not ever.
The guy has been successful for a very long time, so I just don't get all the hate. Completely agree on the staff he put together. I don't see him as any more of an oddity as head coach than Fleck...in fact I think they run their programs similarly...more as a CEO.

Deion refused to tackle anyone. Because he was a great, big p***y. When he talks tough, it's laughable to anyone who is not a great, big p***y.

Deion refused to tackle anyone. Because he was a great, big p***y. When he talks tough, it's laughable to anyone who is not a great, big p***y.
Nice cut and paste post.

How is he a divisive hire if he clearly is going to improve the program?
Because some people don’t like his personality. That’s their decision. That’s pretty clear cut and a really simple question.

I was more talking about the debate about quality
I think the debate is really does the TCu win mean they’re a top 4 in the pac 12 kind of team or a 5 to 7 win team. And my answer is that it’s too early to tell.

The guy has been successful for a very long time, so I just don't get all the hate. Completely agree on the staff he put together. I don't see him as any more of an oddity as head coach than Fleck...in fact I think they run their programs similarly...more as a CEO.
Smart people, successful people, know what they are NOT. I respect the hell out of that; he went out and surrounded himself with some great coaches. He's not stupid, he knows what it takes to be successful, there's no doubt about it

We still got any doubters out here about Sanders and his ability to be a HC in big time college football?

Not on our schedule, not in the Big Ten so don't care. Do we go through the same exercise for every new coach?

Not on our schedule, not in the Big Ten so don't care. Do we go through the same exercise for every new coach?
Good grief, whatever. You don't need to respond if you don't like the thread. Nebby is in the B1G.

the dude can coach, the hype was real, coach prime is the real deal and the colorado ad looks like a genius.

I feel this will be short lived and when his kids, nephews and cronies kids are gone, so will he. Hope I’m wrong because he’s good for the game imo.

I feel this will be short lived and when his kids, nephews and cronies kids are gone, so will he. Hope I’m wrong because he’s good for the game imo.
You gotta think OC Sean Lewis will be among the top HC candidates next year.

My feeling too, he has coached his kid the whole way up, I'm not convinced he actually wants to be a long term coach.

Could be wrong...

But can you replicate what Deion is doing without a famous NFL superstar as the coach? And then hope that his kid is a a terrific quarterback...and then get the number one player in the class that just happens to play both ways. I think some will try but it will be hard to replicate this situation.
There is only one Deion - he was branding himself as an 18 year old, before that was even a marketing concept. He’s been in the spotlight since then - it’s not replicable - he’s the 🐐 🦄 .

Randy, I always wondered what happened to you after you hung up your tights-

And i feel if you're correct, Colorado fans will be sad to see him go but absolutely thrilled he was their coach.

He's gotten them from rock bottom to ranked in one offseason. Sold out stadium Saturday. NFL talent on the roster. Every college football talkibg head talks about Colorado.

NObody in Colorado will be sorry they hired Deion if he leaves in a few years. Nobody.

This is an absolute donkey of a take reserved for those who spouted all winter he'd fail and now need to find something else to cling to rather than admit they were wrong.

And i feel if you're correct, Colorado fans will be sad to see him go but absolutely thrilled he was their coach.

He's gotten them from rock bottom to ranked in one offseason. Sold out stadium Saturday. NFL talent on the roster. Every college football talkibg head talks about Colorado.

NObody in Colorado will be sorry they hired Deion if he leaves in a few years. Nobody.

This is an absolute donkey of a take reserved for those who spouted all winter he'd fail and now need to find something else to cling to rather than admit they were wrong.
Enjoy the season.

Big win for the buffalos this weekend.
The path to 7-9 wins includes holding on for ugly wins.

None of those "NFL talent" guys are going to Boulder without the NIL.

So no, Colorado's situation is not at all similar to Minnesota's. They have some rich guys willing to dump that money who care greatly about Buff football. Probably were onboard or came onboard during McCartney in 1989/90.

If Coyle and U president had come out and said "Prime is considering coming to Minnesota!! We just have to show that we're willing to pony up the NIL!" ... I bet no one steps up.

We do not have rich people who care about Gopher football. Who?? Name one. Our suites at the stadium are owned by corporations, who give the tickets to sales people, leadership, or give out as prizes to employees, etc.

End. Of. Story.

That is a fact that we can't do anything about, and it will take decades more for the current rise and interest to pay off in that way, as wealth typically takes time to develop. The current rich people were doing that work 20-30 years ago when Gopher football was nothing.

They beat a team who won a playoff game last year.
We beat a team that hasn’t been to a bowl game in how long

I do think TCU is more like a mid level team than a top 15 team this year though. Will be interesting how many Colorado wins this year. I’m going to say 6 or 7 regular season after that TCU win.
I think TCU wins 7 or 8
Update TCU 4-4
Texas tech
Texas
Oklahoma
Baylor

Update Colorado 4-3
UCLA
Oregon state
Arizona
Washington state
Utah