Buffs - Coach Prime

Yeah this should be a fun one. We should all be big Nebraska fans for the rest of the season.
I get it, and don't really disagree. With that said, we still control our own destiny.

Colorado's and Coach Sanders' rebuild is a turning point in CF. Never has a program been able to bring in a whole new team of starters like this. It proves to others that this is an effective model and I won't be surprised to see other struggling Power 5s try it.
Is it fair to the committed program players. No. But with the new transfer and NIL rules, CF has almost become professional. And it's not going back to the rah-rah, ski-u-mah days.
The question now is, is Sanders' model sustainable? You can't pass over program recruits and give 20 transfers starting jobs for long. Young, talented kids are going to go somewhere else. And then depth becomes an issue.
A good start for Colorado...but there's a tall mountain to climb to get to the summit of CF.

TF?
You're the one who wants to root for Nebraska.
I'm the one who wants to root for the Gophers.
I want to root for the gophers too, I’m saying other than when we play them. I guess you can go the other direction and hope everyone in the division always loses, but I’d rather be the best of a strong division than the best of a crappy one. By the way the Nebraska program has been dead it died when they joined the Big10.

Coach Prime with gold coach's whistle bling, black jacket with wide gold slashes, and black cowboy hat -- with "the boss" gold motivational plaque.

1693918572613.png

Everyone? I don’t get why this is confusing. If you beat teams that don’t lose to a lot of other teams then that reflects well on you.
I think the point is that it's not going to impact anything. We're not competing for the CFP and so when it comes to bowl selection for whatever bowls we are eligible for, things like how well our fans travel will definitely weigh in more than how well Nebraska does the rest of the season.

Everyone? I don’t get why this is confusing. If you beat teams that don’t lose to a lot of other teams then that reflects well on you.
Winning reflects well. If you win you don’t have to worry about who is doing what.

Curious how this pans out over the season. His pregame speech was goosebump inducing. The Offense was stellar. Nebraska must be shaking in their boots, I would be.

Colorado's and Coach Sanders' rebuild is a turning point in CF. Never has a program been able to bring in a whole new team of starters like this. It proves to others that this is an effective model and I won't be surprised to see other struggling Power 5s try it.
Is it fair to the committed program players. No. But with the new transfer and NIL rules, CF has almost become professional. And it's not going back to the rah-rah, ski-u-mah days.
The question now is, is Sanders' model sustainable? You can't pass over program recruits and give 20 transfers starting jobs for long. Young, talented kids are going to go somewhere else. And then depth becomes an issue.
A good start for Colorado...but there's a tall mountain to climb to get to the summit of CF.
But can you replicate what Deion is doing without a famous NFL superstar as the coach? And then hope that his kid is a a terrific quarterback...and then get the number one player in the class that just happens to play both ways. I think some will try but it will be hard to replicate this situation.

Winning reflects well. If you win you don’t have to worry about who is doing what.
True, but beating good teams reflects a lot better than beating bad teams.
I think the point is that it's not going to impact anything. We're not competing for the CFP and so when it comes to bowl selection for whatever bowls we are eligible for, things like how well our fans travel will definitely weigh in more than how well Nebraska does the rest of the season.
Definitely impacts the polls and public perception.

But can you replicate what Deion is doing without a famous NFL superstar as the coach? And then hope that his kid is a a terrific quarterback...and then get the number one player in the class that just happens to play both ways. I think some will try but it will be hard to replicate this situation.
Agree. This is about kids and young men wanting to play for Deion Sanders - outspoken NFL legend and Hall of Famer that these young people worship and admire....someone that they want to relate to.
I don't think these types of kids would jump on board if a Jerry Kill were to try doing what Sanders has done.

Last edited:

Definitely impacts the polls and public perception.
I don't agree. It would be impossible to prove for this week's coming polls, if we are even in the top 25, but as the season goes on, by like week 8 or so, our spot in the polls, if we have a spot, will not be influenced by how Nebraska's season is going.

Again, that stuff only matters if you're vying for a playoff spot.

Public perception? Please. We won't have any unless we beat Michigan and tOSU this year.

So like I stated, regardless of how Nebbie's season plays out, it won't impact out bowl game.

Agree. This is about kids and young men wanting to play for Deion Sanders - outspoken NFL legend and Hall of Famer that these young people worship and admire....someone that they want to relate to.
I don't think these types of kids would jump on board if a Jerry Kill were to try doing what Sanders has done.
Certainly not, but I bet it could be similar if say, Nebraska doesn't get it going under Rhule and backs up the brinks truck for Urban Meyer. He could come in there, or any similar situation, and do what Coach Prime is doing. Saban too, although maybe he's a tad too old now.

But generally, I agree, we won't see this again.

I don't agree. It would be impossible to prove for this week's coming polls, if we are even in the top 25, but as the season goes on, by like week 8 or so, our spot in the polls, if we have a spot, will not be influenced by how Nebraska's season is going.

Again, that stuff only matters if you're vying for a playoff spot.

Public perception? Please. We won't have any unless we beat Michigan and tOSU this year.

So like I stated, regardless of how Nebbie's season plays out, it won't impact out bowl game.
I agree it doesn’t impact our bowl game. But have you not seen arguments on here about Fleck/Claeys seasons not being that great based on who we beat? I dunno I guess you don’t care about that, I think it’s more impressive and enjoyable when we beat good teams vs bad ones. Seems logical it would affect the polls to me, but whatever.

I learned something during (or after) the CU/TCU game about Prime. He coached a number of years of youth football, including coaching freshman RB Dylan Edwards when he was 7 years old. Not a bad way to build a long-term player pipeline.

The Colorado-Nebraska game will be very interesting to watch and I am looking forward to it. I think Colorado comes in overconfident and everyone has told them how great they are all week. Can they continue to ride this wave or does reality set in and they come crashing down?? I think Nebraska does have a good defense and they aren't going to get torched by this team. Their offense showed almost nothing vs. the Gophers other than they have a running QB. But -- remember the Gophers have a pretty good defense too, so that is in play here too.

From a Gophers standpoint, it will certainly look good for us if the Huskers shut them down or if they score a ton of points on them. If Colorado waxes them on both offense and defense the Minnesota victory is much more questionable from a national view.

I am looking forward to watching this game and seeing how they do. I am hoping Nebraska gets it together and throttles them as it makes the Gophers win a whole lot better!!
Coming off of a 12-0 JSU season, I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Sanders finds a way to get them refocused by kick-off.

It literally impacts everything, future recruiting, ranking and respect.

Certainly not, but I bet it could be similar if say, Nebraska doesn't get it going under Rhule and backs up the brinks truck for Urban Meyer. He could come in there, or any similar situation, and do what Coach Prime is doing. Saban too, although maybe he's a tad too old now.

But generally, I agree, we won't see this again.
Yeah, we will see teams do a massive roster overhaul but it won't be on the same level of what Colorado did the past off season. Very few coaches can pull this off and almost none of them will have two superstar sons and a potential superstar 2-way player ready to come with them as well.

It is a perfect storm and one that will be nearly impossible for other places to replicate, at least on anything close to the same scale.

Coach "Prime." Vomit. His schtick is so old. The way he talked to and treated the CU players that were there before him? Disgusting.
Kudos to Sanders and his team for the upset. However, I think his act will get old if the team starts to lose. He complained about the media after the game, instead of focusing on his players. The tired “no one respects us” routine gets old. And no college coach should butcher the English language by the constant use of “ain’t “ like Sanders did in his pre game speech. Despite the NIL free agency these are still college students, so try harder to use proper English.

Kudos to Sanders and his team for the upset. However, I think his act will get old if the team starts to lose. He complained about the media after the game, instead of focusing on his players. The tired “no one respects us” routine gets old. And no college coach should butcher the English language by the constant use of “ain’t “ like Sanders did in his pre game speech. Despite the NIL free agency these are still college students, so try harder to use proper English.

Not sure I agree with you about "his act". Sanders is an incredibly charismatic person who is going to bring an incredible amount of attention to the Colorado football program and he's going to put kids into the NFL. He also happens to have assembled a fantastic coaching staff. I also wouldn't make the mistake of assuming that whatever we see on TV with reporters is what the players see at practice and in the locker room.

National exposure on TV and going to the NFL are things that are never, ever, Ever going to get old among college football recruits and players. Not ever.

He's coached one game at Nebraska. Not getting your fixation on "ain't" either.

The fact that we are now splitting hairs on just how good TCU really is shows how far Colorado has come. The 2022 Colorado team would have been absolutely destroyed by this TCU team last year.

The goalposts for Prime in Year 1 should be: competent football team. They are there now and that is a massive improvement. If they exceed competent and are a genuine good football team, Sanders should win coach of the year. If they win the Pac 12, it's the greatest coaching job in college football history.
I don’t think anyone is really debating the fact that obviously they’re going to be a lot better this year

Top Bottom