All Things Will Tschetter Recruitment Thread

We have Treyton Thompson already, so I’m not too worried. I would have probably been okay with getting him. Ryan James seemed to believe he and Treyton could have played on the court at the same time, but I didn’t feel a second big was a significant need. Still early in the recruiting cycle, plenty of options, not many scholarships, I think we’ll be alright.

We have Treyton Thompson already, so I’m not too worried. I would have probably been okay with getting him. Ryan James seemed to believe he and Treyton could have played on the court at the same time, but I didn’t feel a second big was a significant need. Still early in the recruiting cycle, plenty of options, not many scholarships, I think we’ll be alright.

Definitely could have played together, but guard is a bigger need, so losing him is fine as long as we get a good guard instead.

I think he was more like four months late, he should have seen him enough by then to decide one way or the other, waiting until others offer is almost a sign of inability to evaluate at best but in mind is a sign of not really having a coherent recruiting strategy
So if we just offer everybody in the country first our problems would be solved? I don't think it works that way. I can't speak to Pitino's recruiting strategy, but I'm gonna chalk it up to Michigan wanting Tschetter more than we did. We just recruited PFS for this year and next year, so maybe the strategy is try to strengthen other positions or find guys that can play multiple positions (not sure if Tschetter can or can't, TBH). Time will tell if it was the right move or not.

Kids don’t stay long enough for us to consider position openings.

Watched him yesterday at breakdown, my son was playing in the next court. He moves well, really good shot, not an explosive jump out of the gym athlete but a really good player. . . . . Big, filled out for his age. It's a miss by little Richard.

Watched him yesterday at breakdown, my son was playing in the next court. He moves well, really good shot, not an explosive jump out of the gym athlete but a really good player. . . . . Big, filled out for his age. It's a miss by little Richard.

Should they have kicked Thompson to the curb? They don't have a ton of scholarships to offer and Pitino hasn't really been one to take over his allotment. Really need guards more than anything, unless Chet says yes (I know it aint happening).

I wonder if Treyton will continue his ascent up the ranking?

Can't wait to see him after a couple of years eating and lifting in a college program.

I wonder if Treyton will continue his ascent up the ranking?

Can't wait to see him after a couple of years eating and lifting in a college program.
I thought he’d actually been dropping lately. I wanna say he was in the 70’s or 80’s previously and is now around 120. Still ahead of Tschetter though.

So if we just offer everybody in the country first our problems would be solved? I don't think it works that way. I can't speak to Pitino's recruiting strategy, but I'm gonna chalk it up to Michigan wanting Tschetter more than we did. We just recruited PFS for this year and next year, so maybe the strategy is try to strengthen other positions or find guys that can play multiple positions (not sure if Tschetter can or can't, TBH). Time will tell if it was the right move or not.
So why offer at all? Looked weak and pathetic to offer because you are shamed into offering by Michigan. On an instate kid, would have been good to offer before conf mates (first overall not important), or not offer at all. The offer felt very token vs legit. It was no surprise the MN offer not taken. It felt like, “Oh, we didn’t think you are good enough, but maybe you are, here’s an offer”.

So why offer at all? Looked weak and pathetic to offer because you are shamed into offering by Michigan. On an instate kid, would have been good to offer before conf mates (first overall not important), or not offer at all. The offer felt very token vs legit. It was no surprise the MN offer not taken. It felt like, “Oh, we didn’t think you are good enough, but maybe you are, here’s an offer”.

Sometimes offers are for AAU programs more than the kids sadly.

Unless his game improves significantly from last year, this will not be a miss for the gophers. For the sake of the kid, hope i am wrong.

He wouldn't talk about the U with Doogie on his podcast because he didn't feel they wanted him and they were not communicating with him regularly. That isn't necessarily a secret.
Never spoken to the kid.
Is that what Will told you?
No inside info here, just reading around from different sources. No big deal, Minnesota was going a different direction. Is throwing out an offer that a kid won't take anyway better than no offer at all? I usually don't bother with a token shot when I know the ducks are out of range.

Not having seen the kid, but hearing he's not terribly athletic, but can shoot, makes me think of Michael Hurt. Last thing we need is a kid who isn't athletic enough nor an incredible pure shooter. No more SE MN white guys who can't really help.

Not having seen the kid, but hearing he's not terribly athletic, but can shoot, makes me think of Michael Hurt. Last thing we need is a kid who isn't athletic enough nor an incredible pure shooter. No more SE MN white guys who can't really help.
If he actually can shoot, bring him in. Hurt's problem is that his shot/confidence left him.

If he actually can shoot, bring him in. Hurt's problem is that his shot/confidence left him.
No, I watched Hurt's shot in high school. He made shots because he played scrub competition. His form made his shot slow and inconsistent. I did not like his recruitment then and unfortunately he proved my assessment correct.

That's what Will told you? (I know that has been posted already but I thought of it before I saw the other posts.)

IIRC there were a handful of teams that offered within a day of each other. Probably all saw the same tourney and liked what they saw (I have no clue since this post is from a long time ago). So if Will was so flattered that Michigan offered him mere hours before the others, so be it. I can nearly guarantee that Pitino wasn't all, "Aw snap son, someone offered the Cheddar kid so now we have to too." I would place good money on that decision already being made and Michigan just made it official before we did. But I know as much about Pitino's thought process as you know about Tschetter's.

Exactly how WI built a bb program using mn kids. Lame MN.
Wisconsin plays a very different style than Minnesota wants to.
Wisconsin’s style utilizes less athletic players. (Happ, Frank etc they developed both those guys and others to fit what they do) Just because somebody else recruits a player doesn’t mean we or anybody else should. Coaches emphasize different skills and have different needs in different years to fill.

No excuses. The kid can play and this will prove to be another hometown miss.

Wrong.

No excuses. The kid can play and this will prove to be another hometown miss.
In your opinion, what production at the collegiate level would constitute this as a miss? Not being snarky, just curious what stats you expect and what stats would make this a miss.

Did Will Tschetter decommit from Michigan now that Michigan is bringing in some 5 star recruits? Why is he still being discussed here? Odds are he waves towels at Michigan.

Did Will Tschetter decommit from Michigan now that Michigan is bringing in some 5 star recruits? Why is he still being discussed here? Odds are he waves towels at Michigan.
Cmon man. He is one of us.

Or transfers to St Thomas.

Agreed. Michael Hurt 2.0

Top Bottom