All Things Will Tschetter Recruitment Thread

No, I watched Hurt's shot in high school. He made shots because he played scrub competition. His form made his shot slow and inconsistent. I did not like his recruitment then and unfortunately he proved my assessment correct.
His recruitment was all because of his brother imo.

His recruitment was all because of his brother imo.
I hope that is true and agree it’s what made sense to me but Hurt was runnerup to Coffey for Mr Basketball.
My knock on Michael Hurt was not his shot or mechanics. It was his total lack of assertion, willingness to lead, make big plays, dominate in crucial moments or games. He exhibited no confidence as a junior or senior leader. His brother was the better player as an 8th grader. Michael settled and deferred to lesser teammates when the team needed money plays and the team continually came up short because of his unwillingness to lead.
JP Macura was the total opposite in willingness to lead and dominate. Totally different mindsets and results.

I hope that is true and agree it’s what made sense to me but Hurt was runnerup to Coffey for Mr Basketball.
My knock on Michael Hurt was not his shot or mechanics. It was his total lack of assertion, willingness to lead, make big plays, dominate in crucial moments or games. He exhibited no confidence as a junior or senior leader. His brother was the better player as an 8th grader. Michael settled and deferred to lesser teammates when the team needed money plays and the team continually came up short because of his unwillingness to lead.
JP Macura was the total opposite in willingness to lead and dominate. Totally different mindsets and results.

Some of this is totally valid. The part in bold is pretty unfair considering how high a caliber his brother is. Either way Michael was a great citizen, teammate, and representative of the university and it's basketball team. I still give that scholarship to him even in hindsight. There are others that I think are more fair and valid to question (IW, McNeil, Lynch). Not every player will be a dominant one on the court, but they can provide value in other areas and I feel Michael did that.

Back to Tschetter, I see now resemblance with Hurt except that they are white and from southern MN. Seems like they are completely different. I think Tschetter would be fine and if we had more schollys I would've been more upset, but we don't and we have a solid commit in Thompson already.

I mean if all the guys coming in with him are advertised, he won’t play much sooooo
It is possible that he thinks he picked a better coach, a better program and a better school. He certainly earned the right to choose and has the freedom to think that way.

I mean if all the guys coming in with him are advertised, he won’t play much sooooo

Yep, Isaiah Dahlman 2.0
Not necessarily a bad thing- he got a Natty but saw very little time for Sparty.

It is possible that he thinks he picked a better coach, a better program and a better school. He certainly earned the right to choose and has the freedom to think that way.

Irrelevant to what I posted but sure. He can go where he wants. I think kids commit to where they think is the “best” place for them and then are shocked to see that coach also recruited 3 other guys at their position.

He may end up being a star there. He may transfer. Who knows. My post was responding to someone who said Michigan looks like the better choice, based on them being very good. They do have 9 seniors/grad transfers. Guessing a couple come back if allowed. Will be a crowded rotation for a couple years with the incoming class.

Yep, Isaiah Dahlman 2.0
Not necessarily a bad thing- he got a Natty but saw very little time for Sparty.

I knew Isaiah a bit back in the day. Kid was always special. Took me for like 45 in a game, despite being a year younger than me. Surprised he never got more run at Michigan St.
Vaughn started for a tourney team at NDSU, Noah started for a tourney team at Wofford. Unreal trio they had at Braham.

Yep, Isaiah Dahlman 2.0
No Natty, but did see a final 4. That matters to kids as it matters to fans. Many kids factor in the chance for conference titles and final 4's.

Will Tschetter getting taken to the woodshed by Minnehaha. He's gonna have 4 years of towel waving at Michigan.

Have you ever gone on to forums or comment sections of teams like NDSU and Northern Iowa and seen the fans ragging on the players that didn't choose them and how they are gonna so regret picking something bigger and better? How they won't get PT at a place like Minnesota or wallow away as a little fish in a big pond? And you read it and think, how could these fans have so little self-awareness? And just seems small and petty?

Not sure what made me think of this. Just random musings I suppose.

Have you ever gone on to forums or comment sections of teams like NDSU and Northern Iowa and seen the fans ragging on the players that didn't choose them and how they are gonna so regret picking something bigger and better? How they won't get PT at a place like Minnesota or wallow away as a little fish in a big pond? And you read it and think, how could these fans have so little self-awareness? And just seems small and petty?

Tschetter would be wise to pick a mid-major where his lack of athleticism wouldn't be so exposed. He can shoot, but he's slow of foot and a defensive liability. Play at Northern Iowa and he'll play four years. Go to Michigan and he's an Isaiah Dahlman who waves towels and leads the scout team.

Tschetter is gonna be a good player at Michigan. May take a year or two, but will be a solid player. Wish we would’ve shown more interest in him

I don’t agree. I’d bet he doesn’t stay there beyond a year or two. He can play a lot of places. I don’t think Michigan is one of them.

Yes there are about 330 other schools that would take him.. Michigan will be loaded definitely a challenge:

Tschetter would be wise to pick a mid-major where his lack of athleticism wouldn't be so exposed. He can shoot, but he's slow of foot and a defensive liability. Play at Northern Iowa and he'll play four years. Go to Michigan and he's an Isaiah Dahlman who waves towels and leads the scout team.

I agree. For the kid's sake am sure we all wish him the best, but mid major wouldve been the way to go imo.

Tschetter’s mom is the all time leading scorer at NDSU, and I didn’t read anything but positivity and well wishes for the kid at Michigan. It’s just my random musing here, but your statement above is BS Timmy.

While NSDU did recruit Tschetter, it worked out well in the end getting Morgan from Waseca, right behind Tschetter as the 3rd rank MN player in ‘21. Morgan more of a true post vs Tsch, just what was needed in Fargo. Heck, if Tschetter doesn’t get PT in AnnArbor, you have to think that NDSU would be a potential landing spot, where he has the relationship and would be welcomed.

Reminds me of a Boxcar Willy album commercial the Duluth Stations used to play during Vikings Games and one of his songs, "Is anybody going to Michigan or Fargo, North Dakota?"

I think it was his Greatest Hits.

Will Tschetter getting taken to the woodshed by Minnehaha. He's gonna have 4 years of towel waving at Michigan.
What does this even mean? Did he play 1 on 5 or something?

What does this even mean? Did he play 1 on 5 or something?
He was slow of foot on defense as Minnehaha scored easily on him. He got his drives swatted away on offense and had to settle for long 3 point attempts.
It is clear that he can shoot the ball, but his lack of athleticism will make it hard to get open in the B1G and his slow feet will make him a defensive liability. Essentially, he looked like a slower version of David Mutaf.

He was slow of foot on defense as Minnehaha scored easily on him. He got his drives swatted away on offense and had to settle for long 3 point attempts.
It is clear that he can shoot the ball, but his lack of athleticism will make it hard to get open in the B1G and his slow feet will make him a defensive liability. Essentially, he looked like a slower version of David Mutaf.
I guess he fits a role Howard wants on the Michigan team.

OR, Tschetter scored 19 against the number one rated high school player in the country who is thoughted for his defense. Just a matter of how you choose to spin it. He can shoot the deep three.

OR, Tschetter scored 19 against the number one rated high school player in the country who is thoughted for his defense. Just a matter of how you choose to spin it. He can shoot the deep three.
He can shoot. He cannot stop his opponent from scoring. His defensive liabilities will negate his shooting at the B1G level. Put him in at Northern Iowa and he has 4 solid years of play.

Top Bottom