All Things Will Tschetter Recruitment Thread

Several things have to go well to even get everyone here before fans worry about players leaving. Covid, city on fire......

Several things have to go well to even get everyone here before fans worry about players leaving. Covid, city on fire......

You engage in discussion about players leaving, even mentioning at least 2 won't be here, and then say this. Whats the point of having any discussion?

Well, lets not worry about sports because if the world ends tomorrow, it doesn't matter!

Well if we do not get Gach... offer Will rather than a multi year scholly guy who is less than a dead mortal lock to be top at least top 8 or 9 this season

Built I know at Ben Carlson’s Senior night Gard and Krabbenhoft were there. Tschetter was brought up and Krabbenhoft said texts had been exchanged.

Do you know where things stand now? Bucky any real interest?

Built I know at Ben Carlson’s Senior night Gard and Krabbenhoft were there. Tschetter was brought up and Krabbenhoft said texts had been exchanged.

Do you know where things stand now? Bucky any real interest?
Not the slightest idea. More often than not texts without a ton of attention is simply to always be recruiting. When UW has great interest in someone you will know as soon as i do unless it is a Carlson situation where i knew he was not coming here, was hoping for a elite and specific ACC offer or it would be Stanford or UW. They spend very little money on recruits focusing on kids that really want UW. They are very far down the road on '21 kids.

We're frequently late on Minnesota players.
Being the first offer is vastly overrated. As long as communication and a relationship has been there , you can get by being a later offer. Plus we are talking days later not months

Pitino's in state recruiting continues to baffle. The only thing that changed in Tschetter's game between the end of the season and today is that Michigan offered him. I'd be surprised if Michigan even has a live evaluation on him given his lack of exposure on any shoe circuit. If you are not sure he's good enough don't offer, but the optics of running in right after Michigan does offer suck. This is a kid Minnesota should have either been first in on among high majors or not in on at all. Again we're 8 years in and the 2nd year Michigan coach can make this evaluation of a small town Minnesota kid before Pitino?

This can't be. Someone watched a short highlight video and determined he isn't even a high major prospect.
Sorry Will's dad, didn't mean to insult your kid like that. He may have slow feet, an ugly jump shot, and puts up 30 a game on 5'10 suburban white kids but since Michigan offered him he's probably the next coming of Jesus Christ right?

If it turns out to be a bad take I'll eat crow for it when he actually performs at a Big Ten level, not when Michigan offers him and you decide to jump aboard the bandwagon. I wish the kid nothing but the best but let's see how he does in P5 play first before ripping me.

At least Will will likely pick a school this year and not drag it out til May

Talk about inept recruiting, either you want the kid or you don't, waiting until others have offered is ridiculous.
yup every school needs to offer every player the first day possible and or at the exact same day otherwise it is ridiculous....Ridiculous!!!

Can't be a good look to offer hours after Michigan does.
Well the good news for everyone on this board is Pitino has beaten all the blue bloods on this. Coach k and Calipari havent offered yet lol good news for us I guess that if Duke offers we dont need to worry because we offered before them lol

I don't like the feeling of thinking we offered because we saw Nebraska and Michigan did so we're on the defensive. I'm not saying that's 100% true or that we shouldn't have offered, I just don't like that thought presents itself here...Knowing what you want is important. Not looking at what others want and thinking I should want that too. If we wanna offer a kid, especially an MN kid, we should be out front IMO. And I'm not talking about schools like Akron, NDSU etc. beating us to the punch, it's the big-timers.

Sorry Will's dad, didn't mean to insult your kid like that. He may have slow feet, an ugly jump shot, and puts up 30 a game on 5'10 suburban white kids but since Michigan offered him he's probably the next coming of Jesus Christ right?

If it turns out to be a bad take I'll eat crow for it when he actually performs at a Big Ten level, not when Michigan offers him and you decide to jump aboard the bandwagon. I wish the kid nothing but the best but let's see how he does in P5 play first before ripping me.

Lol I'm just giving you a hard time. I feel very strongly that judging by highlights is incredibly unreliable and the fact that several Big Ten teams have offered now kinda proves my point. Very little difference between judging a player based on highlights and judging a movie based on its trailer. Also, I didn't jump on the bandwagon after Michigan offered. I've been saying for a while that we should offer.

People think this is the first communication between the Gophers and Tschetter? Are you dense? He's been on campus. He has attended games. The offer is a formality. Calm down.
haha alright point taken. I still think there's something to be said to get the first offer out there, however minute that might be in this scenario. I get the constant communication has been there and clearly you want the kid so then why not beat NEB and MICH to it? Is it just we don't want to be the first offer for some reason? Or it takes Arkansas to get the ball rolling? I'm about making the statement we want you and you're a home state kid we're all in!
If I put myself in that kids shoes I'd think it would mean a little something if a school offered me earlier and truly showed they were right there all the way through. SO PJ Fleck/Avante Dickerson.

A Llttle homework would illuminate the fact that Pitino has zero openings at this time on the 21/22 roster...if he signs Gach.... And if Carr leaves after this season Pitino will need another lead guard on the roster. Pitino is wise to be very prudent with his offers this cycle

People think this is the first communication between the Gophers and Tschetter? Are you dense? He's been on campus. He has attended games. The offer is a formality. Calm down.
Must. Defend. Pitino.

Lol.

Top Bottom