All Things Will Tschetter Recruitment Thread

Except happ couldn't make a shot beyond 12 feet ?
Happ could not shoot past 8 feet or make free throws but that redshirt year was magic for his strength and he did go on to score 2100 points, grab more than 1200 rebounds and pass well enough to accumulate 450 assists. If Will does half of that it would be a fantastic recruit.

Happ could not shoot past 8 feet or make free throws but that redshirt year was magic for his strength and he did go on to score 2100 points, grab more than 1200 rebounds and pass well enough to accumulate 450 assists. If Will does half of that it would be a fantastic recruit.
How did I know you would rush to the defense of Happ. Yes he had a good, if not great, college career. The point was that their style of play is not really similar in any way.

How did I know you would rush to the defense of Happ. Yes he had a good, if not great, college career. The point was that their style of play is not really similar in any way.
Understood your point, agreed with you. Not defending Happ, he simply does not need it. The point was for spotted muskie for how great that would be if he was half of Happ. What he did with the totals i posted was become one of only 6 in NCAA history to get more than 2000 points, 1000 rebounds and 400 assists.

Understood your point, agreed with you. Not defending Happ, he simply does not need it. The point was for spotted muskie for how great that would be if he was half of Happ. What he did with the totals i posted was become one of only 6 in NCAA history to get more than 2000 points, 1000 rebounds and 400 assists.
Yes, and it was Pitino's "hack a happy" game plan that emphasized his weakness and dropped him from being a NBA draft prospect.

Yes, and it was Pitino's "hack a happy" game plan that emphasized his weakness and dropped him from being a NBA draft prospect.
I think Happ did that to himself lol, pretty sure he was on a summer league roster and also a g-league team if i'm not mistaken. So many avenues to make it to the league now if you truly have "it"

Was exposed way before then. The NBA paid very close attention to him and they knew before his junior year what were his weaknesses.

Was exposed way before then. The NBA paid very close attention to him and they knew before his junior year what were his weaknesses.
If it was so well know, then why didn’t any of the others coaches use his lack of FT shooting to take him out of the game? Of course it was easy to look at the stats and say he had problems shooting, but it is another thing to force the coach to bench him at the end of the game. It was the start of the B1G season and Wisconsin had to bench their “best” player at the end of games after that. In hindsight it sure looks obvious now, but at least give Pitino some credit.

It sounded like Dad had a lot to do with the development of Garza. But, I'm sure Fran musta helped?
I see a comparison in style of play with Will. Fran definitely did show he was willing to scheme and utilize Garza's talents. I would think that message is one Will might listen to.

Surprised how fast he committed to Michigan. Was Michigan one of the first to offer?

Great opportunity for him. It will be interesting to see how he develops. Michigan never lacks for talent .Wonder if they ever watched him at a camp or in person? Interesting recruiting in the year of covid,

Fantastic opportunity, great school, great campus, great program.

Good luck to the young man, but he will see time coming off the bench at best.

About 2 hours later than Michigan's offer IIRC. 🙄

I think he was more like four months late, he should have seen him enough by then to decide one way or the other, waiting until others offer is almost a sign of inability to evaluate at best but in mind is a sign of not really having a coherent recruiting strategy

Top Bottom