Week 10 Other Games Thread

Hugh Freeze is going to be earning nearly 10 million a year next year. I'm sure he'll stay down south (probably Auburn), but he'd be a tough one if Nebraska got him there.

Illinois plays Purdue and Michigan in the next two weeks.
Purdue game is huge. Illinois will lose to Michigan, which is a third loss. We need Purdue to beat them so they have 4. And then Purdue has to lose one more time, or have us all end 6-3 and who knows what happens. But Illinois has wins over Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin, all teams they could tie. So Purdue still must beat them.

I think the Gophers are still screwed. If the Gophers win out, they have three losses. The Gophers need Illnois to lose more 2 games and Purdue to lose 1 more game.

That Purdue loss was brutal.

Purdue game is huge. Illinois will lose to Michigan, which is a third loss. We need Purdue to beat them so they have 4. And then Purdue has to lose one more time, or have us all end 6-3 and who knows what happens. But Illinois has wins over Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin, all teams they could tie. So Purdue still must beat them.
If MN, PU, and IL are all 6-3 the winner of the PU/IL game wins the tiebreak

Just a gut feeling, but...

Purdue beats Illinois. So does Michigan.

Indiana plays the game of their season and beats Purdue.

I just feel like those outcomes will happen. Just a gut feeling.

So... can the Gophers beat Northwestern, Iowa and Wisconsin? If so.... it would be, as the kids say, EPIC.

I think the Gophers are still screwed. If the Gophers win out, they have three losses. The Gophers need Illnois to lose more 2 games and Purdue to lose 1 more game.

Probably so.

In the next few weeks we need on of the following unpredictable results to happen:
Northwestern beats Illinois
Northwestern beats Purdue
Indiana beats Purdue

And the one that happens needs to happen to the winner of the Purdue/Illinois game

Indiana can beat Purdue. The spread on that game will be less than 3 points.

If LSU beats Bama and then wins SEC does SEC get shut out of playoff for:
Unbeaten Clemson
Unbeaten TCU
Unbeaten big ten champ
1 loss USC/Oregon

LSU = 2 loss SEC Champ
Georgia = 1 loss non sec champ who lost last game
2 loss Bama
2 loss Ole Miss
1 loss TN

Illinois is in complete control because they have to basically lose twice.

If LSU beats Bama and then wins SEC does SEC get shut out of playoff for:
Unbeaten Clemson
Unbeaten TCU
Unbeaten big ten champ
1 loss USC/Oregon

LSU = 2 loss SEC Champ
Georgia = 1 loss non sec champ who lost last game
2 loss Bama
2 loss Ole Miss
1 loss TN
I think Georgia would get in over USC/Oregon since they smoked Oregon earlier this season.

Beat Purdue, and we'd control our own destiny.

Assuming Michigan beats Illinois.

It just pisses me off.

I think Georgia would get in over USC/Oregon since they smoked Oregon earlier this season.
I think they get in over oregon but not USC
I think they can’t get in over LSU if LSU beat them literally championship Saturday because it would devalue that game for all time

SMU is up on Houston 49-28 and it’s not halftime yet.

‘well, I been waitin along time to see my Vols back on top. ‘

I like how we're all assuming we win out

Top Bottom