Rossi leaving for DC at Michigan St

Couple things...he's making $1.1 million here...he's not leaving for 1.3,4 or 5 is he? By all accounts his family is entrenched in the Twin Cities. AND, do we really think if friction in relationships is not the reason, you think Coyle wouldn't approve $200, 300, 400K to keep him?
I don't think it is money.
I’m eager to see the terms of his deal. Remember, PJ had an additional $700k allotted for coaches salaries that he chose not to spend this prior off season. If he’s leaving strictly for money and PJ has that $700K sitting over there, then I’m eager to see what MSU is paying him.

Nick Monroe will take over and coach DBs, and Fleck will bring someone else in to coach LBs and be “co-dc”

Couple things...he's making $1.1 million here...he's not leaving for 1.3,4 or 5 is he? By all accounts his family is entrenched in the Twin Cities. AND, do we really think if friction in relationships is not the reason, you think Coyle wouldn't approve $200, 300, 400K to keep him?
I don't think it is money.
I could see the offense being so bad that it effects defensive performance being a reason but just PJ and Rossi at odds seems most likely to me.

I guess there is the possibility he could see the future schedules and be wondering if we'll be able to compete and just getting out while he can. New job is likely couple years of security...2 or 3 year contract to leave?
What you said might be true or might not be true

Not a very good take by Zach. Michigan State is not Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon, Washington or USC. Even with the great Dantonio, they only out-recruited Michigan in state when Rich Rod pretty much ignored the state of Michigan and Hoke imploded the team.

PJ can’t really afford to go with an inexperienced DC at this point. He’s feeling heat already. He needs an experienced hire here.
Good luck to Mr. Rossi. Getting Michigan, tOSU and PSU every year plus a combination of Oregon, Washington and sometimes USC should make his life very interesting.. AndMSU’s defense may need a lot of work.

Time will tell.

Rossi buyout is $330,000 do that helps if we’re getting it.

Scottie Hazelton the last MSU DC was making 1.1 million per year in 2022. Not sure what he made in 2023.

We could argue forever about what defines a lateral move, but the unfortunate reality is MSU does have a higher ceiling. I love this program, our players, and coaches, but this administration sucks and always has. Also in how many markets would a local media channel get away with running multiple BS hit pieces on the local program?

Last edited:

We could argue forever about what defines a lateral move, but the unfortunate reality is MSU does have a higher ceiling. I love this program, our players, and coaches, but this administration sucks and always has. Also in how many markets would a local media channel get away with running multiple BS hit pieces on the local program?
Here they run bs hit pieces, there they cover real issues up.

Whoever they hire will be here for 2 years, tops. I'm not optimistic we'll get a guy with a ton of experience, but rather some young up-and-comer from the FCS ranks that wants to get his foot in the door of "big time" college football.
Seems it's become more and more tiresome to work with PJ Fleck. I dunno.

Their last HC was a cluster and the new one is under .500. The university has had scandal after scandal. It's administration is in chaos. Don't kid yourself into believing this is anything more than lateral.

As for the U's administration, it has spent a ton of $$ over the past dozen+ years to upgrade facilities and coaches pay.

Top Bottom