Rossi leaving for DC at Michigan St

The success was pretty much directly tied to Dantonio. Not sure about the more resources comment either. The school and athletics have gone through some large scandals as well.
I agree with this analysis

If gophers hire dantonio and Michigan state hires Brewster history is different l

From what I have read Michigan state does have some big money NiL stuff though

Rossi could have left for $$$.

Rossi could have left because he no longer wanted to work for Fleck.

Rossi could have left because Fleck pushed him out.

Rossi could have left because the D sucked this year and wanted to get out before he started taking the heat for it.

Whatever the reason Fleck has a lot of work to do this offseason.

Last edited:

The money’s there, and we can’t afford not to pay both coordinators about 1.5 million, if they are worth it.
That's top-10 in money. Unless he is getting that level of coach it is fool's money.

That's top-10 in money. Unless he is getting that level of coach it is fool's money.
That’s why I said if they are worth the money, the money is there to pay them.

Jim Leonhard​

Knowing the value shopper that PJ and UMn are, be ready to be disappoint! We’ll end up with a no namer from a FCS school or someone that can’t hold a FBS job like Sanford.

I’d be more excited with Sori-Marin and D-Bo as our co-DCs than some random.

Our best coach poached by MSU, and our second best coach poached last year by Rutgers. It’s not like they are leaving for much better schools (MSU slightly better, Rutgers
Money$$

Knowing the value shopper that PJ and UMn are, be ready to be disappoint! We’ll end up with a no namer from a FCS school or someone that can’t hold a FBS job like Sanford.

I’d be more excited with Sori-Marin and D-Bo as our co-DCs than some random.
Rossi was a no name a few years ago.

I would bet PJ has a short list, it was inevitable Rossi was going leave at some point. I didn’t see him leaving for a lateral move but I suspect Michigan State has more money for assistants. I could be on board with Leonhard

My money is on the db coach who's from MN name escapes me but I think he's the replacement...

Huge punch in the gut, especially since he's leaving for the same position and not to be an HC or to go to the NFL.

PJ cannot afford to take a risk here. You HAVE to find someone that is a known quantity. They need to have had DC experience in the past, and have at least not made that team's defense worse.

If it were me, I'd look at the G5 defensive coordinators who had the best defenses, see if any of them are looking to get a chance at running a P5 defense. Especially try to find someone who has had consistent pass defense/had a good pass-rush scheme. We will need that starting next year even more so than we have in the past few years.

PJ CANNOT hire someone into that position with no DC experience, it's too big of a risk.

I would bet PJ has a short list, it was inevitable Rossi was going leave at some point. I didn’t see him leaving for a lateral move but I suspect Michigan State has more money for assistants. I could be on board with Leonhard
Looks like the pool there is twice what Fleck has. Yes, go after Leonhard hard. Also gets a potential future HC on staff.

Maybe PJ gonna have Winston be his DC.

Top Bottom