Omersa - out for season

]
I was told here that Pitino’s kids don’t quit on him. Slow leak has started by mid Jan we are done here.
They for sure quit on him last night!

Seriously, a lot to criticize with Pitino and I wanted him gone 2 seasons ago...but let’s not pretend that Omursa just quit on Pitino because he doesn’t like him

There is zero reason to think that Pitino has anything to do with it. Right now he is the coach of a team with a chance to come together and to win a bunch of competitive games. I expect us to play IOWA to the wire. We can score with them as they do not defend. Illinois was suppose to be incredible. They have 3 losses already. If your not sharp, not good defensively you will get beat.

Illinois was suppose to be incredible. They have 3 losses already.

Nice! I bet we'll hang tough with them!

I haven't read anything that would say he was in the Rodman/Wallace league - did I miss it?

His strengths right now appears to be a level of toughness that this team lacks, a bigger body, and some level of skill in rebounding. All three are desperately needed on this team, imo.

MN guards do not rebound, not sure if by design or ? That leaves the "bigs", and Ihnen is the only one that boards. LR, for being 7', doesn't get em. Out of position?

Lack of rebounding and lack of ball movement really p me off. Last night, the ball movement was much better - for the most part.

I think for Freeman to overcome the defensive and offensive deficiencies, he'd need to rebound at that type of level to make it worth it. I think our rebounding has been positional issues. Pitino's guards never got a ton of rebounds. I think much of that is by design as he'd rather release them. I think our rebounding issues are because of mostly positional issues while the rest (25%) is fundamental, and toughness.

I agree with your assessment that ball movement and rebounding are infuriating at times with this team. I think St. Louis actually played us wrong defensively. They forced us to have more ball movement by their run and jump style. I'd play us square like Illinois did.

There is zero reason to think that Pitino has anything to do with it. Right now he is the coach of a team with a chance to come together and to win a bunch of competitive games. I expect us to play IOWA to the wire. We can score with them as they do not defend. Illinois was suppose to be incredible. They have 3 losses already. If your not sharp, not good defensively you will get beat.

Iowa doesn't defend well and they count on you to score with them. I think this team can easily do that. I think Iowa wins, but it's a reasonably close game. Game will be in the 90's again.

Illinois was suppose to be incredible. They have 3 losses already.

Nice! I bet we'll hang tough with them!

Illinois is a terrible match up for us especially with how we are rebounding the basketball. We match up better with Iowa imo. I let Garza score what he scores. Throw multiple defenders at him. Don't let Weiskamp or others kill you.

Illinois is a terrible match up for us especially with how we are rebounding the basketball. We match up better with Iowa imo. I let Garza score what he scores. Throw multiple defenders at him. Don't let Weiskamp or others kill you.
You don't think Iowa's coaching staff is competent enough to just tell their players "watch the Illinois game. That is exactly our game plan." ? And/or, you don't think Iowa can execute such a game plan?

You don't think Iowa's coaching staff is competent enough to just tell their players "watch the Illinois game. That is exactly our game plan." ? And/or, you don't think Iowa can execute such a game plan?
The match ups are entirely different. Plus this one is home.

Iowa’s wings cannot execute the same type of game plan that Illinois can defensively. Also Kofi is a different beast than Garza defensively as well.

Basketball guys can make great TE's. Some notable examples.

I assume he'll start training for football this spring, perhaps with a private trainer?

Best of luck to him!
He might want to go elsewhere if he's playing TE. We throw to the TE about 6 times per season.

Terrible take. This is not a sign of some exodus and it if it was, Omersa's the last guy that would be leading it.
Agree. Omersa is a team player. I always wanted him to get game time as I love his enthusiasm.

I mean I guess its possible but then he is looking to pay for school to maybe play football at a non-scholarship school. He'd be better off to go dominate the NSIC if he is good enough at football to do so.
Sounds like he is planning on playing both at his next stop which could be UST.

Dang, I really like the guy. Hope he's successful in whatever endeavors he undertakes.
Side note, probaly the funniest tweet Pitino ever put out is when Jarvis and Pitino's kid switched jerseys. Damn that was hilarious.

The head lines are that he opted out. No more, no less. Everything else is speculation. I don't read it as he's transferring. That could end up being the case, but he is not losing any eligibility.

I think for Freeman to overcome the defensive and offensive deficiencies, he'd need to rebound at that type of level to make it worth it. I think our rebounding has been positional issues. Pitino's guards never got a ton of rebounds. I think much of that is by design as he'd rather release them. I think our rebounding issues are because of mostly positional issues while the rest (25%) is fundamental, and toughness.

I agree with your assessment that ball movement and rebounding are infuriating at times with this team. I think St. Louis actually played us wrong defensively. They forced us to have more ball movement by their run and jump style. I'd play us square like Illinois did.
Hmmm. JO didn't really provide any sort of offense, and he played somewhat regularly. I'd like to think that, with some game time, SF would rebound at a higher rate and defend as well or better.

Iowa doesn't defend well and they count on you to score with them. I think this team can easily do that. I think Iowa wins, but it's a reasonably close game. Game will be in the 90's again.
No. We cannot shoot at Iowa's level...at any position.

The head lines are that he opted out. No more, no less. Everything else is speculation. I don't read it as he's transferring. That could end up being the case, but he is not losing any eligibility.
You're right. It could simply be that he wanted to attend parties at the U.

Top Bottom