Omersa - out for season

There is some steam to Omersa playing football. Take it for what it's worth but I wouldn't be shocked (at all) to see him walk-on to the Gopher football team next year.

I really like Omersa and what he added to the team. Sure how it is not anything serious and can't wait for him to return next year.

Great kid. Love his energy! Most likely going to transfer because of the new rule change. He was rumored to be considering before the season started. Football is also a possibility given his athleticism. I could find out exactly what’s up but don’t think it’s my place to disclose if I do find out. Regardless thanks for you energy and heart when you played! Kid just oozes potential with his athleticism, too bad they couldn’t tap it. Best of luck young man!

Will he still have two years of eligibility left, is the blanket transfer ruling impacting his decision.

I wish Jarvis all the best.

I wish we could see him suit up for the Iowa games this year. He’s probably the only defender with the heart to try to go up against Garza. It isn’t going to be pretty watching Robbins and Curry battle with him. Jarvis would probably foul him 5 times in 3 minutes and frustrate the hell out of him.

For one I don’t think we need to go that deep unless we are up a bunch or sadly we are in terrible foul trouble. I like Freeman’s size and I think he’s a good rebounder. I am worried that he’s non factor offensively and still too slow to defend in the B1G especially if he gets pulled out on the perimeter.
Agree that he may not be ready offensively/defensively on the perimeter however how is he going to get better sitting? And if you didn't see the disaster that was MN rebounding (outside of Ihnen), I cant help you much. We desperately need a big body that rebounds. Good grief the lads are poor in that regard.

Agree that he may not be ready offensively/defensively on the perimeter however how is he going to get better sitting? And if you didn't see the disaster that was MN rebounding (outside of Ihnen), I cant help you much. We desperately need a big body that rebounds. Good grief the lads are poor in that regard.
Offensively his skill set can and will get better through workouts. Defensively he can learn concepts during practices. I agree with your assessment with our lack of rebounding ability/effort. I don’t think Freeman’s on the level of a Rodman or Ben Wallace as a rebounder so his “strength” is average. He’s a project who hopefully can contribute next year in Currys role imo. He’s the epitome of a RS candidate for me last year.

Strange development this far into his Junior year. I wish the young man the best in whatever he is pursuing!

He graduates in the Spring. He'll get his degree here. Then he'll either transfer to UST or hang up his sneakers.

He graduates in the Spring. He'll get his degree here. Then he'll either transfer to UST or hang up his sneakers.
Being available for family during health crises, focus on graduation and then options for a grad transfer next year. Sounds rational.

Offensively his skill set can and will get better through workouts. Defensively he can learn concepts during practices. I agree with your assessment with our lack of rebounding ability/effort. I don’t think Freeman’s on the level of a Rodman or Ben Wallace as a rebounder so his “strength” is average. He’s a project who hopefully can contribute next year in Currys role imo. He’s the epitome of a RS candidate for me last year.
I haven't read anything that would say he was in the Rodman/Wallace league - did I miss it?

His strengths right now appears to be a level of toughness that this team lacks, a bigger body, and some level of skill in rebounding. All three are desperately needed on this team, imo.

MN guards do not rebound, not sure if by design or ? That leaves the "bigs", and Ihnen is the only one that boards. LR, for being 7', doesn't get em. Out of position?

Lack of rebounding and lack of ball movement really p me off. Last night, the ball movement was much better - for the most part.

UST to play football is very likely. His Gopher career is very likely done and I think his basketball career might be as well but maybe he tries to play both sports.
Basketball guys can make great TE's. Some notable examples.

I assume he'll start training for football this spring, perhaps with a private trainer?

Best of luck to him!

PJ hoping Pitino will give the ole basketball scholarship to play football, being that Fleck wasn't the reason Suggs didn't come here.
I’m pretty sure there’s some rule about how when a player plays multiple sports, they have to use a scholarship for the sport that brings in more revenue, to avoid situations where you just use your basketball or gymnastics or rowing programs to house additional scholarship football players.

Everyone always tries to read too much into a situation.

In the post game interview, Pitino sounded very genuine in his belief that Omersa just didn't feel comfortable with Covid risk.

Let's try to support Jarvis, and his decision, instead of filling a thread up with just BS and unwarranted criticism.

Dale Moss. More famous for being chosen as the winner of the Bachelorette reality TV series a few months ago. Has 750K Instagram followers.
Wow, did not know he was from South Dakota and went to/played for SDSU.

Very surprised. He seems like an ultimate team player, so I'd be surprised if this is about playing time. I don't begrudge him if he has Covid concerns, but it seems like they already had an outbreak, what's changed?
Bball wasn't happening for him (at least not the way he wanted/envisioned), why not give football a try?

I think he’d play but I don’t think he’d dominate the Summit or anything. He is offensively challenged.
Didn't you see whalen's post where he (whalen) said UST for football?

Makes sense. Pioneer is closer to DIII level of play than Missouri Valley (where Omersa probably wouldn't start and would have to move out to a Dakota state - barf). So he can probably step in and do well. Then hope for an NFL try-out.

Makes sense. Pioneer is closer to DIII level of play than Missouri Valley (where Omersa probably wouldn't start and would have to move out to a Dakota state - barf). So he can probably step in and do well. Then hope for an NFL try-out.

I mean I guess its possible but then he is looking to pay for school to maybe play football at a non-scholarship school. He'd be better off to go dominate the NSIC if he is good enough at football to do so.

I was told here that Pitino’s kids don’t quit on him. Slow leak has started by mid Jan we are done here.

All speculation. It is possible he has a plan that does not involve pro sports as a player.

I mean I guess its possible but then he is looking to pay for school to maybe play football at a non-scholarship school. He'd be better off to go dominate the NSIC if he is good enough at football to do so.
I'm guessing it's about two things: staying in the cities (granted, he could go to Concordia STP), and the "DI" label, more than anything, with possibly a low odds chance of getting an NFL try out?

All speculation. It is possible he has a plan that does not involve pro sports as a player.
Is it really necessary to qualify an internet message board post with "speculation"? Assumed by default, unless there's a link or tweet confirming.

Top Bottom