***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Gents I took a peak at the Drunk skunk bball board and I KID YOU NOT this is a real pre-game prediction from one of them:

"Badgers down 33 to 28 at the half. Bad Brad Davison lights up the Barn, to the dismay of the Gopher crowd, with 9 second half points to lead Wisconsin to a 61 - 58 victory."

Bad Brad Davison really lit up the barn tonight with a solid 4 pts ?

Also thoughts on players...

I've been vocal on my skepticism on Willis. Still am, but I gotta give him credit. He shot with confidence tonight, played strong defense as well, and had smart shot selection. Gotta hope that gets him going more.

Demir has his strengths and moments, but outside shooting is not one of them. He shouldn't take an outside shot no matter how open. I really like when he methodically works his way to the rim and uses that short hook. That's his signature move and it works. He should use it more.

Oturu. Great offense again, they could've gotten him more looks even. Gotta be careful to quit leaving his feet on pump fakes and just in general. Gets him in foul trouble.

Ihnen's defense and rebounding great! Lots of potential with him I think. He should let offense come to him more naturally instead of forcing a bit.

We match up well against Wisky this year.

I agree. Their strength lies with Reuvers and Potter. Oturu counteracts that and gives them issues. Gabe great defense taking away outside shooting threat a bit. Carr way too quick and physical for Trice to stay in front of. I think Carr can play much better against them in Madison in a few weeks, and if so, thats trouble for the bad guys!

Man what a satisfying and enjoyable way to win! We played terrific and even though the offense went cold late, I thought the defensive intensity stayed all night. The cherry on the top for me was walking out Williams and seeing a very dejected Ben Carlson with his Wisconsin sweatshirt(yes I know that's petty, but I don't care)

While I can enjoy a close game, tonight's butt-kicking was very satisfying and just what I needed, sitting with badger fans uncomfortably close [ie. in the stands]. I wasnt in the mood for suspense - this was such an important game to win. Excited for the Penn State game!

Man what a satisfying and enjoyable way to win! We played terrific and even though the offense went cold late, I thought the defensive intensity stayed all night. The cherry on the top for me was walking out Williams and seeing a very dejected Ben Carlson with his Wisconsin sweatshirt(yes I know that's petty, but I don't care)
So glad to hear this. I’ll join you in a petty party! Ben is another traitor and I’m glad to hear he was in attendance tonight. Hopefully Ihnen will own him the next three years.

We match up well against Wisky this year.

When you can't stop Carr from penentrating you are in trouble agsinst the Gophers, Badgers couldn't, like others have said definately a winnable game in Madison.

He has changed his body during the season and is improving fast. He defended Reuvers alone on the baseline where Reuvers is tough and he just snuffed him. Great sign. I think that the kid is going to be a stud next year.
I agree, crazy how different he looks now vs. preseason, wouldn’t surprise me if he’s gained 10 lbs. His lateral quickness on D has improved significantly. They’ll need to find ways to incorporate him in O next year, and hopefully he can turn into a Coffee type transition player. Appears to be a worker.

I’m sad Carr didn’t get the triple double.
Oturu with 14 rebounds. He leads the conference. Luka Garza somehow had 1 rebound in Iowa’s loss tonight, he was second. Should give Daniel a bit more of a buffer

Reactions: ltf

I’m sad Carr didn’t get the triple double.
Oturu with 14 rebounds. He leads the conference. Luka Garza somehow had 1 rebound in Iowa’s loss tonight, he was second. Should give Daniel a bit more of a buffer
Hard to get rebounds when the enemy team hits every shot. XD

Also thoughts on players...

I've been vocal on my skepticism on Willis. Still am, but I gotta give him credit. He shot with confidence tonight, played strong defense as well, and had smart shot selection. Gotta hope that gets him going more.

Demir has his strengths and moments, but outside shooting is not one of them. He shouldn't take an outside shot no matter how open. I really like when he methodically works his way to the rim and uses that short hook. That's his signature move and it works. He should use it more.

Oturu. Great offense again, they could've gotten him more looks even. Gotta be careful to quit leaving his feet on pump fakes and just in general. Gets him in foul trouble.

Ihnen's defense and rebounding great! Lots of potential with him I think. He should let offense come to him more naturally instead of forcing a bit.
And Willis rose up among the trees and pulled down a couple nice rebounds. All-around great game for him.

While I can enjoy a close game, tonight's butt-kicking was very satisfying and just what I needed, sitting with badger fans uncomfortably close [ie. in the stands]. I wasnt in the mood for suspense - this was such an important game to win. Excited for the Penn State game!
Totally agree, smoke Becky with no drama. Doesn't happen often. :cool:

Was it me or did it seem a few of our guys got chippy with Tyler Wahl? Not too upset with it either way.

Surprised that they don't start Potter over him, he has put up great numbers while playing minimal minutes.

Awesome win and hopefully we can keep it rolling and nab a road win Saturday!!

Was it me or did it seem a few of our guys got chippy with Tyler Wahl? Not too upset with it either way.

Surprised that they don't start Potter over him, he has put up great numbers while playing minimal minutes.

I thought it looked like Wahl was about to cry after he picked up his 2nd foul in the first half

Great game from the Gophers. The gophers looked like the superior team last night.

Great game, was fun to watch. Loved seeing WI so frustrated. I don't get why Potter doesn't get more minutes.

Wahl is soft. Talented, sure. But he is soft. He got beat up pretty good on a lot of plays. Will be a player if he can gain strength.

Thing i loved about last night was there was no drama about Brad Davison with the players. Nobody really talked about all the guys Wisconsin has from Minnesota or how this was a huge upset! We played like we were the superior team and that we expected to win by 20. No trash talk afterwards and just sent them on their way back to madison! We are clearly more athletic than them. They will have trouble with us again if we hit shots in madison.

Thing i loved about last night was there was no drama about Brad Davison with the players. Nobody really talked about all the guys Wisconsin has from Minnesota or how this was a huge upset! We played like we were the superior team and that we expected to win by 20. No trash talk afterwards and just sent them on their way back to madison! We are clearly more athletic than them. They will have trouble with us again if we hit shots in madison.

Pitino mentioned that a lot of the Gopher guys know and are friends with Davison. I don't believe they are friends but they know him. He dapped up a few dudes in the handshake line so I think he knows he sucked and looked like a clown last night.

Pitino mentioned that a lot of the Gopher guys know and are friends with Davison. I don't believe they are friends but they know him. He dapped up a few dudes in the handshake line so I think he knows he sucked and looked like a clown last night.
Yeah it was such a non factor last night as we just rolled them from the start.

I haven't been following this season too closely.. work, other sports have been capturing my attention. but so impressed with how this team is gutting out wins. It's funny how this team is nowhere near as talented as years past, and yet we are rated higher in the KenPoms and NET Rankings. Oturu must be really balling out.

Thing i loved about last night was there was no drama about Brad Davison with the players. Nobody really talked about all the guys Wisconsin has from Minnesota or how this was a huge upset! We played like we were the superior team and that we expected to win by 20. No trash talk afterwards and just sent them on their way back to madison! We are clearly better than them. They will have trouble with us again if we hit shots in madison.
FIFY. This year, we are.

Special? No. Good? Yes.

He held his own as a true freshman in the Big Ten. Probably cannot conclude that he was going to be "special"....but there's no doubt that if he had the opportunity to develop without the injuries....that he was going to be one of the better players in the Big Ten at some point.

Reactions: sal

He has changed his body during the season and is improving fast. He defended Reuvers alone on the baseline where Reuvers is tough and he just snuffed him. Great sign. I think that the kid is going to be a stud next year.

Ihnen already has the look of a future top tier Big Ten player. Defense is already there. That's a good sign for a guy we'll be counting on in future years. He's already flashed some skill on the offensive end as well.

Pitino has a very high ceiling player here.

On one hand, I'm disappointed that the thread for the thorough thrashing of the Badgers is only at 6 pages.

But then I realize that it's because the Pitino haters had to slink away instead of commenting, so makes sense.

Top Bottom