***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS NORTHWESTERN BIG TEN TOURNAMENT WEAKLING WEDNESDAY IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

AND he NEVER changes anything at halftime! In fact, I'm not exactly sure what happens at halftime... what do they talk about do you think? Does he just give everyone their phones and hop on his own phone and surf?
Yeah. He isn’t a good adjuster.

probably what makes him a great assistant. He can make a good game plan.

But he isn’t good on the fly. And he can’t construct a roster.

So Pitino should stay because this is all due to execution? Yikes.....when you've dug a hole so large whining about the lack of talent....that you actually start defending Pitino.
Did you mention Pitino and execution? Well, interesting...haven't thought about it before.

About 12 minutes left in 2nd half, Carr makes a lazy pass to Tre. Pass picked off. Northwestern sled dog beats them both down the court. They. both end up jogging and don’t even contest the layup. Long story short: they’ve quit on Pitino

We beat those teams because in the Ohio state game we had one guy play a great game and we had a good plan.

we beat Michigan because we had two guys play good games and had a good plan

we beat Iowa because they don’t play defense and we had a guy pull 8 3s out his ass

Im not sure if you are just being argumentative or just can’t read. We have two talented guys. When they are on, we can beat anybody.

our third best player is a 3 and D SG who shoots under 30% from 3. So when both of our best two have average nights we are awful. When one of them has an average night we often aren’t good enough to overcome. We don’t have the depth of talent to be consistent. We don’t have a coach who can overcome it often. Sometimes he can.

I’d rate pitino’s coaching in game as a D.
I’d rate his game plans as a B.
I’d rate his roster management as an F.
game plans usually start with the team scouting report which is done by the assistants. I asked Ed Conroy a couple of years ago if they keep the won/loss record of the assistants based on the scouting report-- he said they do, but wouldn't tell me who had the good games and who had the bad games

Who's going to shoot the long three on this possession?

game plans usually start with the team scouting report which is done by the assistants. I asked Ed Conroy a couple of years ago if they keep the won/loss record of the assistants based on the scouting report-- he said they do, but wouldn't tell me who had the good games and who had the bad games
Yeah so his game plans might not even be him

I understand why we didn’t fire him off the second round run two years ago. But when we were under .500 in the conference with Murphy, Coffey, and oturu

I kinda gave up hope on achieving at the level I’d prefer. So I gave up on Pitino at the end of the 2018-19 regular season

We beat those teams because in the Ohio state game we had one guy play a great game and we had a good plan.

we beat Michigan because we had two guys play good games and had a good plan

we beat Iowa because they don’t play defense and we had a guy pull 8 3s out his ass

Im not sure if you are just being argumentative or just can’t read. We have two talented guys. When they are on, we can beat anybody.

our third best player is a 3 and D SG who shoots under 30% from 3. So when both of our best two have average nights we are awful. When one of them has an average night we often aren’t good enough to overcome. We don’t have the depth of talent to be consistent. We don’t have a coach who can overcome it often. Sometimes he can.

I’d rate pitino’s coaching in game as a D.
I’d rate his game plans as a B.
I’d rate his roster management as an F.

Against Ohio State we had FIVE guys in double figures. Three of which have no talent according to you.

Against Michigan we actually played defense and on top of Robbins and Carr having very good games....we had Johnson shoot 50%, Gabe shoot 40%, Curry shoot 60%, and Mitchell go 2-2.

Johnson hit those threes in OT! How did we get to OT with no talent? Luck!? HAHAHA!

I can read just fine. You've been banging this no talent drum for weeks and spaz out when you are called on it. There is talent here but the coaching is whack. Mistakes and hero ball. Offense that is constantly stagnant.

If you think Pitino's gameplanning is a 'B'....then that is all that needs to be said. You'd prefer to claim that Pitino actually has the team ready going into the game than drop the "no talent" joke.

Such good gameplans! That's why we shoot threes at a top 20 clip in the nation despite being the worst in the Big Ten and over 300th in the nation. That's a 'B' gameplan if I've ever seen one.

Yeah so his game plans might not even be him

I understand why we didn’t fire him off the second round run two years ago. But when we were under .500 in the conference with Murphy, Coffey, and oturu

I kinda gave up hope on achieving at the level I’d prefer. So I gave up on Pitino at the end of the 2018-19 regular season
his radio show yesterday he was talking about if Marcus goes pro, that is 2 pros in 3 years and I couldn't help but think all that talent should lead to a 500 record

I wanted Pitino gone two years before you did
Pitino should be fired. But let’s not pretend this roster is deep or good beyond Carr and Robbins

Both of those guys are all Big Ten capable players. You seem to think anyone not capable of all Big Ten are not talented. That proves that you are out of touch.

What are the chances we get a good shot out of the time-out.

Top Bottom