***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin NEW YEARS EVE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Man, Carr with 4 fouls already. Gonna be tough to come back without him.

have 5, 5, and 5 against a team that is doubling him on everything to make him not beat them scoring the ball?
He can’t guard anyone. Which has nothing to do with what you said. He has been posted up repeatedly.

Unfortunately that means nothing these days. I've seen guys like Harden, Wiggins, Anthony float through college games seemingly disinterested and still get drafted as if they put up 30.

On potential. Carr isn’t a freshman like they all were. And you named 2 all-stars

There is no fans....Home away advantage should be negligible this year
I still think there is a little bit of home court advantage even with no fans. This is a court you play on everyday unlike another team that plays 2x a year.

He can’t guard anyone. Which has nothing to do with what you said. He has been posted up repeatedly.
by Aleem Ford several times who is 6'8" to Carr's 6'2". that's on the way we are setting up our defense and Pitino plus some of Gard having a good game plan. He's going to get abused by a guy with athleticism and 6 inches on him as would many people

The guys have mailed it in...dreadful...

Well, happy New Years. Hopefully 2021 brings better road performances.

by Aleem Ford several times who is 6'8" to Carr's 6'2". that's on the way we are setting up our defense and Pitino plus some of Gard having a good game plan. He's going to get abused by a guy with athleticism and 6 inches on him as would many people

You’re right. NBA is full of short guys for Carr to guard.If you can’t guard Brad Davison in the post you can’t guard NBAers. They’ll abuse him.

On potential. Carr isn’t a freshman like they all were. And you named 2 all-stars

Well yeah, you said good players don't play like this. I pointed out that they do.

And that's why basketball of 2020 is nowhere near as good as basketball in 1990 in my opinion.

I haven’t seen the Pitino teams give up on season a season before the final game, but man do they throw in the towel when they think a game is over.

there is still plenty to learn and things to figure out fellas.

One team setting up their offense and getting a good shot. The other team dribbling around a few times and jacking up 3s from all over the court with absolutely no chance of going in.

Well yeah, you said good players don't play like this. I pointed out that they do.

And that's why basketball of 2020 is nowhere near as good as basketball in 1990 in my opinion.

Your opinion is trash. Carr isn’t near the level of any of the guys you mentioned.

These are the kind of stinkers that makes it so hard to trust Pitino’s teams. No ball movement, no post ups and really no direction or plan. Over 10 minutes into the half and we haven’t even forced a foul on WI. Not because of bad calls but because we haven’t even tried to attack. Just standing around.

You’re right. NBA is full of short guys for Carr to guard.If you can’t guard Brad Davison in the post you can’t guard NBAers. They’ll abuse him.
that's the knock on Carr for sure. His height. Yet Donovan Mitchell (6'1") and Damian Lillard (6'2") for example are able to. you have to coach around that and figure out who he can guard and make sure rotation help defense is there to rotate and block the shot if they try post that

that's the knock on Carr for sure. His height. Yet Donovan Mitchell (6'1") and Damian Lillard (6'2") for example are able to. you have to coach around that and figure out who he can guard and make sure rotation help defense is there to rotate and block the shot if they try post that

Carr isn’t nearly as quick or skilled as those two. You’re comparing guys of similar height. I’m 6’1”. I don’t belong in the NBA just because Mitchell is 6’1”

So we're going to give up 40+ in a half to WI who is clearly less skilled than us. Effort has been horrendous this half and Gard absolutely put a clinic on Pitino this half

These are the kind of stinkers that makes it so hard to trust Pitino’s teams. No ball movement, no post ups and really no direction or plan. Over 10 minutes into the half and we haven’t even forced a foul on WI. Not because of bad calls but because we haven’t even tried to attack. Just standing around.
Have to give the Gophers credit. When they play bad they leave no doubt on how bad they played.

Carr isn’t nearly as quick or skilled as those two. You’re comparing guys of similar height. I’m 6’1”. I don’t belong in the NBA just because Mitchell is 6’1”
I'm saying if they post a 6'8" guy on either of those 2, that's not going to go well for either of them if you don't help

Top Bottom