***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin NEW YEARS EVE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

For shooting so terribly, we're not far behind... hopefully the shooting with get better.

we're still in touching distance despite having a horrendous offensive half. Shots are there. If they're there in the 2nd half, they can easily come back and take this

No question. Seven points is nothing.

We're in this game and shooting 20%. Have to expect some positive regression in that dept. in the 2nd half.

Playing any game against Bucky is an exercise in trying not to poke your eyes out, but that was horrendous on offense.

1st half
Team Stats

Game Stats
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Points2229
FG6-3113-33
FG%19.439.4
3P3-142-9
3P%21.422.2
FT7-91-3
FT%77.833.3
Rebounds2621
Offensive Rebounds94
Defensive Rebounds1717
Ties00
Lead Changes00
Time with Lead0:0018:21
Lead % of Game0.091.8
Last Lead-
Last Lead: Time-
Largest Lead09
Largest Lead: Score-29-20
Largest Lead: Time-2:22 (1st)
Assists45
Turnovers73
Bench Points06
Blocks62
On Court Points1717
Fastbreak Points04
Steals13
Points off Turnovers37
Points in the Paint218
Second Chance Points86
Personal Fouls77
Technical Fouls00

We're in this game and shooting 20%. Have to expect some positive regression in that dept. in the 2nd half.
exactly. shot under 20% and had 7 turnovers and are only down 7. hard to imagine being that poor again offensively as there were numerous open shots and some very silly shots taken as well

Last 10 minutes of the half shooting.....3-15

Its one half but I think what we've seen this year, we are a bad matchup against elite defenses. Illinois and Wisconsin have been tough on us, whereas a team like Iowa who wins by out scoring you we did great against. We have a lot of guys (our entire wing group) that seems to run really hot or really cold. When every possession is a grinder that is tough for some guys to find a rhythm. Obviously everyone will score less vs Wisconsin than Iowa, but some teams can manage that better.

A team that shoots 31% from 3 goes into the Kohl Center and decides to start the game by doing what? Jacking up four straight 3's. Know your personnel. This team really just needs to settle down on offense. Jumpers are rushed, post moves rushed, move the ball and you'll get better looks. Liked some of the hi-lo we saw a few times but just didn't finish. Need to start the 2nd half strong, 4 or 5-0 start and Wisconsin's got a hard 20 minutes ahead otherwise I think we see more of the same.

I enjoy watching the Badger offense. They always generate good looks, lots of one on one due to spacing and put pressure on the D.

1st half shooting
Gach + Robbins 0-7
Bench 0- 9

Amazing people are complaining about the refs. The refs should be complaining about these two teams......
Being consistent is all I ask. Davison pushes off nearly every time he positions himself for a shot. No call. Bach. Called.

Bad shooting games happen but the shot selection has been horrible. They give you 30 seconds for a reason. If you take away the bad shots with time left on the clock they'd probably be shooting closer to 35-40%. Still not great but they'd have the lead.

If they don’t start scoring it won’t matter how they defend

Gophers just need to get and stay under a ten point deficit for the next 15 minutes. I have company on the way and will have to shut off the game soon. Gophers should make a good run then. ;)

Top Bottom