***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin NEW YEARS EVE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I'm a fraud for cheering for the Gophers? Go figure that you are backing gophergangsta....who is nothing more than a troll who hides like a bitch when the Gophers win....and shows up when they lose.

Take your meds, less. You're high on the list of complete goons on GH.

You're my goony leader! Where do we go from here?

If we played defense like the first half and hold them to 29 again we are right there. The officials were fine. They miss calls both ways.
It took them 10 minutes in the 2nd half to call a single foul on Bucky. Not fine. But also not the reason why we got our asses kicked today.

It took them 10 minutes in the 2nd half to call a single foul on Bucky. Not fine. But also not the reason why we got our asses kicked today.
Did not see a foul to call and if i missed one that is the same for everyone. Fans can not call them. Do you think on the three that Gabe got three free throws that he was even touched.

Did not see a foul to call and if i missed one that is the same for everyone. Fans can not call them. Do you think on the three that Gabe got three free throws that he was even touched.

Exactly. Officials were bad but it was both ways. Like the Davison block/tie up on Robbins in the first half.

Win Sunday and it is a good week!

Agreed. 3-2 through five games all against ranked Big Ten teams would still be very good. Hell....a couple of weeks ago....I think quite a few of us would have been pretty happy with 2-3 through the first five.

Exactly. Officials were bad but it was both ways. Like the Davison block/tie up on Robbins in the first half.
They are watching hundreds of acts, miss a few it does not mean they were bad. I thought they established the physicality level and were consistent. Frame by frame will reveal the lack of cluthing and great footwork on defense.

Both Gach seems completely lost. I question whether his head is somewhere else and if his struggles are even directly related to basketball right now. The drop off in play for him has been so bad, it doesn't even seem like a slump in the way the term is usually used. Turnovers: stepping out of bounds, airmailing passes to invisible teammates, traveling, ball-handling like he’s bambi learning to walk, dribbling out of control and missing every shot under the sun that he takes unless he is literally shooting inches from the rim. I really think he needs to be benched just to collect himself. Maybe it's the pandemic, but it seems like he’s having issues far beyond “slump”. Regardless of one’s opinion on his ceiling, he’s playing like he got his talent zapped by one of the tiny mutants from Space Jam. I’m still very high on Gach and feel like there’s a 0% chance he continues to play this bad even if he tried.

And you never, ever call out Davison for "winging" darn near every shot he takes.

How about Reuvers throwing 2 shoulders into the MN defender to make room for him to make the shot???? :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

And you never, ever call out Davison for "winging" darn near every shot he takes.

How about Reuvers throwing 2 shoulders into the MN defender to make room for him to make the shot???? :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Or hammering Carr to the floor on a layup attempt

The Reuvers shoulder BS was especially bad.

Both Gach seems completely lost. I question whether his head is somewhere else and if his struggles are even directly related to basketball right now. The drop off in play for him has been so bad, it doesn't even seem like a slump in the way the term is usually used. Turnovers: stepping out of bounds, airmailing passes to invisible teammates, traveling, ball-handling like he’s bambi learning to walk, dribbling out of control and missing every shot under the sun that he takes unless he is literally shooting inches from the rim. I really think he needs to be benched just to collect himself. Maybe it's the pandemic, but it seems like he’s having issues far beyond “slump”. Regardless of one’s opinion on his ceiling, he’s playing like he got his talent zapped by one of the tiny mutants from Space Jam. I’m still very high on Gach and feel like there’s a 0% chance he continues to play this bad even if he tried.
Agreed. He'e not playing with a clear mind.

Been on record that Davison has crossed the like before and in frame by frame breakdown tonight it will reveal anything i did not see. Thought Nate played clean, will fast forward to his touches through the move. Again i saw a game evenly called but it is my nature as a competitor that officials call games, including pretty damn even. I can watch without bias when i watch what i hope will happen versus what does happen.

They are watching hundreds of acts, miss a few it does not mean they were bad. I thought they established the physicality level and were consistent. Frame by frame will reveal the lack of cluthing and great footwork on defense.

Lots of physicality and then made very weak calls. Consistently letting them play is fine but then do it consistently.

Been on record that Davison has crossed the like before and in frame by frame breakdown tonight it will reveal anything i did not see. Thought Nate played clean, will fast forward to his touches through the move. Again i saw a game evenly called but it is my nature as a competitor that officials call games, including pretty damn even. I can watch without bias when i watch what i hope will happen versus what does happen.

Do you read what you write? Some is so good and then its self serving rambling about how you were trained to watch and can do so without bias. Like two different posters use this account

Was working during the competitive portion of the game, but kept my eye on it the best I could. I could only stomach so much of the second half. That's two incompetent performances now in 4 B1G games. If this team is going to do something significant this year, they have certainly used up their no-shows. I was as surprised in a negative way about this game as I was about the Michigan State game. I thought they matched up well with Wisconsin, they should have swept them last year...and found a way to get down almost THIRTY?

Need to beat Ohio State to stay ranked and stay above .500 conference play.

So you have never, in all the WI games you have watched in person, on tape, noticed Davison clearing space with his off arm before nearly every shot? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reuvers - again, you missed the football moves????? He bent over and slammed his shoulder into the MN defender!!!! And you.....MISSED it???????? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

For a guy that preaches to GH about your infinite BB knowledge and how many games you watch and all that goes along with your "business" and study of the programs and players, I think your above statements tell us just how "unbiased" your lens truly is.

So you have never, in all the WI games you have watched in person, on tape, noticed Davison clearing space with his off arm before nearly every shot? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reuvers - again, you missed the football moves????? He bent over and slammed his shoulder into the MN defender!!!! And you.....MISSED it???????? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

For a guy that preaches to GH about your infinite BB knowledge and how many games you watch and all that goes along with your "business" and study of the programs and players, I think your above statements tell us just how "unbiased" your lens truly is.

He is a god amongst men. You don’t understand.

I have seen it, just not today.

I thought the officiating was bad but I don't think it had a huge impact on the game. There was a lot of body contact on many of the Gopher drives. One of them was strange because in replay as Hummel was saying "Ford went straight up", Ford was clearly not going straight up and smashing into Gabe. They also decided to check the shot clock while Gabe had (and made) a wide open three. Then called over the back on Ihnen about 4 full seconds late.

These were all missed in the same 5 minutes sequence.

All of that said, what did us in was out lack of ball movement. We are going to have a hard time scoring on WI if we dribble so much. Tough opponent. tough game. On to Ohio State. Davison sucks.

Do you read what you write? Some is so good and then its self serving rambling about how you were trained to watch and can do so without bias. Like two different posters use this account
Have at it. I simply thought the game was very well officiated. To my eye and my opinion.I was raised on the game by some really smart people but never claimed my trained eye was better than anyone else's. When you break down film, frame by frame you have to see it it straight or you not give accurate feedback. I have been wrong, admitted when that is the case. When it comes to officiating i was told a long time ago that the winning team does not say how great they were or how poor they were , only the losing team or in game live action . To each their own, i am not putting anyone down for having their opinion. I simply look at it differently. I thought there were a couple over the backs that could have been called both ways but they played on. I thought the guards on both teams played pretty clean and when they were not it was called. Out of bounds plays, called clean. It is a extremely tough job and i thought they did fine. In position, decisive, consistent.

Last edited:

The officials did not keep Carr at half of his avg points per game and keep MN shooting less than 35% for most of the game.
This is the first team that MN has played that stresses defense and has the statistics to prove it.
It was a good lesson to learn relatively early in the conference schedule.
tOSU is a solid team and Sunday will show if MN learned from their mistakes like WI did after they lost to MD.

The officials did not keep Carr at half of his avg points per game and keep MN shooting less than 35% for most of the game.
This is the first team that MN has played that stresses defense and has the statistics to prove it.
It was a good lesson to learn relatively early in the conference schedule.
tOSU is a solid team and Sunday will show if MN learned from their mistakes like WI did after they lost to MD.
They played defense for 36 minutes and we did it for 20.

Have at it. I simply thought the game was very well officiated. To my eye and my opinion.I was raised on the game by some really smart people but never claimed my trained eye was better than anyone else's. When you break down film, frame by frame you have to see it it straight or you not give accurate feedback. I have been wrong, admitted when that is the case. When it comes to officiating i was told a long time ago that the winning team does not say how great they were or how poor they were , only the losing team or in game live action . To each their own, i am not putting anyone down for having their opinion. I simply look at it differently. I thought there were a couple over the backs that could have been called both ways but they played on. I thought the guards on both teams played pretty clean and when they were not it was called. Out of bounds plays, called clean. It is a extremely tough job and i thought they did fine. In position, decisive, consistent.

I’m not talking about your officiating comments. Its everything. You act as if no one else has ever learned about, watched, played, coached or officiated the game. You make long, drawn out posts that go nowhere. You use catch phrases to sound smart but rarely take a stance. You know a lot but have to qualify every post about how much you were taught, who taught you and then qualify it all by talking about a slow motion frame by frame analysis.

Do you have access to camera angles the rest of us don’t?

Top Bottom