***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin NEW YEARS EVE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Statement game time Gophers!! Coming off 3 outstanding games, we now head to the Kohl Center to take on the 6th ranked Badgers who tout one of the most experienced and oldest teams in the nation. We play a number of MN kids who turned us down.

THIS is the game we want! THIS is a game we can win! THIS is the type of game that can really send a message that we are ready to compete for a top 3-4 BT finish.

GET ‘ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Statement game time Gophers!! Coming off 3 outstanding games, we now head to the Kohl Center to take on the 6th ranked Badgers who tout one of the most experienced and oldest teams in the nation. We play a number of MN kids who turned us down.

THIS is the game we want! THIS is a game we can win! THIS is the type of game that can really send a message that we are ready to compete for a top 3-4 BT finish.

GET ‘ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gophers big. Some sad news, Ben Carlson with a significant back injury.

What a great way to kick 2020 to the curb then to watch our beloved Fuzzy Rodents beat the Skunks and bring in a much needed New Year!

I'm wondering/thinking that beating three ranked team consecutively would be a new best for Gopher Hoops, right?

What a great way to kick 2020 to the curb then to watch our beloved Fuzzy Rodents beat the Skunks and bring in a much needed New Year!

I'm wondering/thinking that beating three ranked team consecutively would be a new best for Gopher Hoops, right?
It would be a great way end to the year. Really nice to see the improvement the team has made to this point.

Last edited:

It would be a great end to the year. Really nice to see improvement the team has made to this point.

Will be nice way to weather the winter.

With all that Mpls/MN has gone through this year, a magical season from them would be a nice salve for the wounds and stress of 2020.

Gameday info...

I know it’s asking a lot from the basketball gods but if there’s anyway to deliver a Gopher victory today, 2020 will be a success in my book despite this pandemic.

and if somebody can inadvertently elbow Davison in the nose, oh baby! C’mon boys, let’s show the league what we can do. Terps did it, now it’s our turn.

Badgers -8.5
If I was a betting man I would take the Gophers and the 8.5 as fast as I could. I really think Badgers match up poorly with Minnesota. The Badgers have had trouble with opponents big men and perimeter penetration. I have watched their perimeter players get beaten often, which is bread and butter for Minnesota. Plus I don't think they have one guy who can stop Carr, they will have to help and that will create openings for others.

I think this game is close. Wisconsin games always are with their slow pace.

I'll take our boys by 5 in a game that comes down to the wire and is won on free throws late.

Up yours bucky!!!

Another win over a ranked team just seems too much to ask, especially on the road. Not expecting a win but playing with house money a bit after the last 2 games so hopefully we go in relaxed, well cupped, and give a good battle right to the end. Would be really nice to see some offense from Gabe and/or Gach.

*sigh*

I know I’m an awful fan. I know it.

But ..... I just can’t help from feeling that we’re being setup for the classic “Minnesota letdown”. You all know exactly what I’m saying.

As. Soon. As. you do enough to get people to believe in you .... that’s when you strike. Full stab in the heart.

Please be wrong. Please be wrong. Please be ...

Carlson plays for Becky right? So I guess I wish him best, seems the right thing to do.

If it was Davison,.....

Ghosts of 2020, you owe us Minnesotans one more gift of joy after the hell you have put us through!
Doesn't have to be a big double digit win. Just a win please!

And 8.5 points does seem like a bit of a stretch. Never bet on the Gophers on the road is definitely one of my mantras. Right after never bet on the Gophers, Just cheer for them and hope for the best!

Go Gophers!

*sigh*

I know I’m an awful fan. I know it.

But ..... I just can’t help from feeling that we’re being setup for the classic “Minnesota letdown”. You all know exactly what I’m saying.

As. Soon. As. you do enough to get people to believe in you .... that’s when you strike. Full stab in the heart.

Please be wrong. Please be wrong. Please be ...
I want to hate you for posting this.

Just can't decide if its because of the negativity or because you beat me to it.

it all comes down to styles and matchups.

Gophers want to push the tempo - Badgers want to grind things to a halt.

WI in the past has been able to frustrate MN and force them into a slow, physical half-court game.

So, I would say a couple of keys:
can MN find ways to speed up the game?
can MN cope mentally with the WI style? (Davidson flopping and nut-punching....)

and as always, Robbins has to stay out of foul trouble.

I want to hate you for posting this.

Just can't decide if its because of the negativity or because you beat me to it.

Feel ya. At least with the Twins I feel confident until the postseason starts. (Still dont know how it is even possible to lose 18 in a row with division winning teams.). With gophs, things dont seem normal until carr blows out a knee or something.

This isn’t a joke. I’m dead serious.

You are correct. Heard someone talking about this on the radio - might have been Mike Grimm. Trice is 24. he is almost the same age as D'Angelo Russell of the T-Wolves, who has been in the NBA for (I think) 5 years.

The Badger starters range in age from 22 to 24. The Bulls starting lineup averages (I think) 21.6 yrs.

You are correct. Heard someone talking about this on the radio - might have been Mike Grimm. Trice is 24. he is almost the same age as D'Angelo Russell of the T-Wolves, who has been in the NBA for (I think) 5 years.

The Badger starters range in age from 22 to 24. The Bulls starting lineup averages (I think) 21.6 yrs.

Yeah, when Trice was a high school senior Anthony Edwards was in 7th grade.

Top Bottom