***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Nice no call on the illegal screen.
no wonder BIG teams can’t win on the road.

Playing 5 on 8 the last two possessions.
Should’ve been a foul on the screen. Then they completely body us.

ballgame

Just had to keep them from scoring for 2 seconds and give them a wide open shot.

Well, we found Oturu's weakness. He's gotta add some muscle. He was getting tossed around by Rutgers' center today and frankly got destroyed on the boards.

refs let this game be really physical - With this young team we we not up to the task

Oturu's box score will look nice, but man he was off his game defensively and rebounding the ball today and it killed.

I've liked the Gophers' fight in the second half, but at the end of the day Rutgers wanted it more. Their determination to get Baker open for that shot exceeded the Gophers' determination to defend it.

The biggest difference that I can see is that Rutgers played with more intensity all game. The Gophers were the more intense team against PSU and Michigan. Hopefully, they can get back to that because, with their schedule, things could go south pretty quickly.

Well, we found Oturu's weakness. He's gotta add some muscle. He was getting tossed around by Rutgers' center today and frankly got destroyed on the boards.
For sure.
This game to me tells me he might come back.
Every single big in the nba is stronger and more athletic than the Rutgers bigs

Great hand check call with 34 sec to go. Why the F not call it at any other point in time during the game.
Yup.
if I was as bad at my job as college basketball officials I wouldn’t have one.

selective enforcement of rules is frustrating

they’re bad but they’re inconsistent too

The biggest difference that I can see is that Rutgers played with more intensity all game. The Gophers were the more intense team against PSU and Michigan. Hopefully, they can get back to that because, with their schedule, things could go south pretty quickly.
Easy to be more aggressive when playing at home as the refs let the home team get away with much more.

12 conference road wins in 6+ years under Pitino.

It's easy to find explanations looking at single games but there's no excuse for the horrible play on the road over that period of time.

Well, we did what every other team who has played at the RAC this year has done: lost.

Hope Carr can get his mojo back against OSU.

Wish we didn't have a bunch of suckbag fans who start calling "NIT" because we did what everybody in the conference is doing: losing on the road. Rutgers is nasty at home. Respect to them.

In reality, we could win all our home conference games and beat Northwestern on the road and we are solidly in the tourney. It's too bad we'll have to put up with the fickle shit every road game we lose.

Rutgers played tough. We let them control the boards totally. I think an error by Pitino to not play Omersa a lot more in a game like this. Demir was overmatched here and we needed the board work and defense. Oturu got taken on the boards by Johnson who outworked Daniel. Even so we had a chance if we hit a better share of our open threes. The shooters have to help take us to the next level.

If we lose @ OSU the game against MSU is a must win.

Rutgers played tough. We let them control the boards totally. I think an error by Pitino to not play Omersa a lot more in a game like this. Demir was overmatched here and we needed the board work and defense. Oturu got taken on the boards by Johnson who outworked Daniel. Even so we had a chance if we hit a better share of our open threes. The shooters have to help take us to the next level.
Need demir to be an offensive threat and do some damage to justify him playing more than omersa

Calling it now Rutgers will be a 6 or 7 seed and lose in the first round to the 10 or 11 seed.
They certainly won't be allowed to play this physical in the tournament. Their basketball team is more physical than their football team.

That’s a brutal matchup for the Gophers, especially on the road. Plenty more opportunity for some quality road wins.

Those last 2 threes by Carr are huge for the NET rankings. Single digit loss to a top 20 NET team on the road won’t hurt us at all.

Top Bottom