***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Oof - three straight threes that were all in and out. Ouch.

Man just can't quite get it.

Demir open 3 rims out. THey score. Its 10 instead of 5.

Demir fumbles pass and gets it to Gabe a little to late.

WIllis 3 rims out.

Tough breaks. Gotta bang one quick and then hope Rutgers poor foul shooting shows up.

They are playing physical D, the adjustment needed to be take the ball to the rim and draw contact. Not settle for 3 after 3.

That Demir 3 not dropping was our shot. Not our day.

Bunch of very average shooters who cannot dribble drive ..

They are playing physical D, the adjustment needed to be take the ball to the rim and draw contact. Not settle for 3 after 3.
I mean you give me 3 wide open 3s I'll take that every single time over 3 contested drives to the hoop

They've been playing decent defense and have time. I don't understand why they feel they need to keep shooting threes. Even if they're wide open, no one is shooting threes well enough that shooting one is a better shot than trying to work it inside.

6-24 from 3 point range. This team is not going win many games without 35% plus 3 point shooting. That's what teams give us in order to deal with Carr and Oturu.

Really like what Rutgers has done to Carr today. Keep throwing new players at him. Everything has been so hard for Carr today. We do need somebody else to handle the ball more to keep Carr from wearing down as he did in the Purdue game.

6-24 from 3 point range. This team is not going win many games without 35% plus 3 point shooting. That's what teams give us in order to deal with Carr and Oturu.
yup. those last 3 3s (all open, good shots) go down and you're in it. instead you're dead in the water. Can't miss this may open shots

I'd still start Tre over Gabe. Let Gabe be instant offense off the bench.

Likely an NIT team.....Going to be interesting next year if Pitino can keep his job without Oturu.

Another winnable road game down the drain. As Joe Mauer would say- "frustrating"

It has and it does. When is the last time you went to a big game at the barn?
I was at Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. Michigan and Penn State didn't get close to this. Ohio State did at times but the crowd wouldn't stand for more than 1 possession at a time.

Likely an NIT team.....Going to interesting next year if Pitino can keep his job without Oturu.
Very unlikely they make the NIT. If they win 17 or more they'll make the NCAA's. If they are 15-15 or worse, they won't make the NIT. Finishing 16-14 or 17-15 is about the only record that will make the NIT.

Rutgers is legit. Outstanding defensive team.

Top Bottom