***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It was in no man's land. Not enough time for a 2-for-1 so you hold as long as possible and if there's a rebound etc. they might not get any time. As it is they had to rush enough to not get a good shot.
Yeah but the chances are pretty low that NW would get the ball back with only a few seconds left. I think a good possession would be more important but that's just me. Maybe run the clock down to :15 on the shot clock or something but don't care for just standing around until :05 on the shot clock.

Not sure if Christie will come off the court. Not playing well and CBJ is leaving him out there.
He has a lot of work to do on the defensive end and with his ball handling.

Northwestern in the first half. Scorched the Gophers.

3rd time they've hit this scorcher this season. Only B1G team with more than 1.

1710040786498.png

A reminder NW is 10th out of 14 in the Big Ten in scoring.

Well, that was some pretty good defense before that block there. Stayed very close to them on the perimeter and Garcia made the driver work to get inside and blocked the shot. They're getting better on defense this half. I just hope it's not too late.

Any assistant coach willing to tell CBJ to change up his defense? They can’t guard anyone at this point.

So others posting in various posts are validated by what they just said on TV.

The Gophers actually prefer to avoid Purdue in the tournament and take the lower seed at 10 instead of the dreaded 8-ish.

Andy Katz says this is actually good for the Gophers. I wonder if he secretly posts here?

So others posting in various posts are validated by what they just said on TV.

The Gophers actually prefer to avoid Purdue in the tournament and take the lower seed at 10 instead of the dreaded 8-ish.

I mean.....you want to win this game first and foremost.....but the 7/10 game would be a better situation in the tournament.....so a silver lining.

Gonna take a miracle to make the NIT

And when NW starts missing, the Gophers can't do anything on offense to respond. Could have really used Christie tonight and he pulls a no-show.

On the court:

Garcia
Payne
Fox
Carrington
Hawkins

They're rolling with this for a bit now.

Update: Garcia with 30. Can Carrington add enough too? It's him and not Christie.

NW is cold but it doesn’t help that we can’t score on the other end. Can’t hurt to try and let Christie and Mitchell to shoot us back in it.

Top Bottom