***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Someone smarter than me has to explain the strategy at the end. We got the ball with about :40 left. Why do we care if we run the shot clock down or not? It worked out as it is but as usual it ended up being a forced outside shot as the shot clock is running down. Why not just run your offense and if you score with :20 left instead of :10, so what? NW is going to play it for one shot either way.
I’ll never understand this.

If Christie had a more typical shooting percentage, and if Payne made 3 of 4 close range shots, the Gophers would have 11 more points and trail by just 1.

Christie is stone cold on all 6 of his attempts.

Update:

Carrington is 2-3 FG and 1-2 3's.

If my aunt had different plumbing she’d be my uncle. About as relevant as what you’re saying my man.

Someone smarter than me has to explain the strategy at the end. We got the ball with about :40 left. Why do we care if we run the shot clock down or not? It worked out as it is but as usual it ended up being a forced outside shot as the shot clock is running down. Why not just run your offense and if you score with :20 left instead of :10, so what? NW is going to play it for one shot either way.
It was in no man's land. Not enough time for a 2-for-1 so you hold as long as possible and if there's a rebound etc. they might not get any time. As it is they had to rush enough to not get a good shot.

"Like uh good nay-buh, State Fahm is they-ah!"

Dude. We're shooting 60% from 3 and 100% from the FT line. We should be winning if we played any defense. Effort and execution were awful.

Also, it's easy to shoot that when you're getting layup after layup, or wide open 3's.

You are right.

Hawkins 3-3 on 3's

Garcia 1-1.

Mitchell and Carrington 1-2 each.

But Christie off.

NW on the way to 100??

Northwestern's backup big man, Preston, averages 1.8 points per game. He has 8 in the first half tonight.

Dude. We're shooting 60% from 3 and 100% from the FT line. We should be winning if we played any defense. Effort and execution were awful.

Also, it's easy to shoot that when you're getting layup after layup, or wide open 3's.
53% vs 70% I'll take it

1 game on Saturday, 6 on Sunday is some brilliant B1G scheduling.
Yeah WTF is that? And why an 8:00 start for the only game? Football and basketball scheduling is going from bad to worse. It’s ridiculous.

Can we see some D adjustments. How about a zone? Can't be any worse

If Garcia doesn't come back, we are in big trouble next year.

Well my suggestion to play just a little bit of defense appears to not be the game plan. Anyone else have some suggestions?

Just finished first half on tape delay. We have morphed into the Washington Generals on defense.

Then I remind myself that NW is without Ty berry and without their starting center…and playing good minutes to an unrecruited walk-on.

This is the way.

Langborn also is pretty clearly not 100%. Pretty bad effort all the way around.

Not sure if Christie will come off the court. Not playing well and CBJ is leaving him out there.

Top Bottom