***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

They're getting too much space on the perimeter. The first game should have taught them that these guys don't miss if they have time and space. They're also not cutting off NW's drives.
Lol.
Outstanding analysis. Too much space outside. And inside.

So far seven played, in order of minutes:

Hawkins: 14
Christie: 13
Mitchell: 10
Payne: 10
Garcia: 10
Fox: 8
Carrington: 5

Last time depth was a discussion, and maybe fatigue.

Hopefully Northwestern cools off as the game goes on. Maybe this should be more physical? Not sure how to stop the hot shooting other than they stahl.

Hopefully Northwestern cools off as the game goes on. Maybe this should be more physical? Not sure how to stop the hot shooting other than they stahl.

They could try getting in their faces more and trying to force them to pass off.

Christie 0-3 FG and 0-2 3's. Zero points.

Update: Turnover going to the basket, quick transition score for NW plus shoots for 3 points play.

Christie 0-3 FG and 0-2 3's. Zero points.

Update: Turnover going to the basket, quick transition score for NW plus shoots for 3 points play.
He's trying to do too much. Forced shots.

FYI: I'm not badmouthing Christie. I'm just showing the reality of a freshman. He's smoking hot some games and then not others.

This is not the point of arrival yet, at least as far as freshmen and sophomores.

Well, I guess 12 is better than 15. Hawkins should go for his own shot more often in games like this where only a few are scoring with any consistency.

If Christie had a more typical shooting percentage, and if Payne made 3 of 4 close range shots, the Gophers would have 11 more points and trail by just 1.

Christie (a freshman) is stone cold on all 6 of his attempts.

Update:

Carrington (sophomore) is 2-3 FG and 1-2 3's.

Man. These make me laugh everytime.

A few high ankle sprains and life will be GREAT
I'm not sure that's severe enough to keep away the NIL sharks. I think that would require some partial ligament tears (but not total because next year is THE year!)

Someone smarter than me has to explain the strategy at the end. We got the ball with about :40 left. Why do we care if we run the shot clock down or not? It worked out as it is but as usual it ended up being a forced outside shot as the shot clock is running down. Why not just run your offense and if you score with :20 left instead of :10, so what? NW is going to play it for one shot either way.

Top Bottom