***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Garcia, Payne, & Christie should be great next year. And Hawkins should be a good, maybe even great PG.

So in the remaining games...my ideal scenario is that we win...but that Mitchell, Fox, & some others (maybe Carrington) do well and lead the team. They've shown flashes.

The post with the Marcus quote says that we could get the 8th seed with a win. At worst we get the 10th seed. I want to win another game because that will improve our NET ranking which is perilously close to the likely NET boundary. I don't see much difference when it comes to the Big Ten tournament. If we get the 8th seed, we play #9 and then end up playing Purdue if we win the first game. If we get the 10th seed, we play #7 and then end up playing Illinois if we win the first game. Pick your poison. I don't see a big difference. If we wanted a significant difference, we had to win both of our last regular season games to hopefully get the 5th seed.

Bet heavily on the other side of what I write her since I probably have it wrong.

Always take the better rating because you won to get there. Minnesota almost beat Purdue and Illinois in different ways. I'd almost take Purdue?????

Right now Gophers are in the NIT as a lower seed. This is a pivotal stretch of games, now into B1G-T.

Some things to consider:

-Look at the Gophers shooting percentage against Illinois.

-Then look at the Gophers shooting percentage against Indiana.

Can anyone predict what comes next?

In one game, Christie has an uncontested 3 go SWOOSH!

In another game, it hits the rim again and again.

One thing about that Illinois team: 4 of 5 starters were seniors. Gophers are still young. Patience.

It super sucks for some people at GH that Gophers do not have 4 seniors starting. Their heads explode with disappointment. For the rest of us, we realize it's a process unfolding, and we can think for ourselves what the team may look like next year. Not everyone adheres to the "Doom Cult Fixated on 2022'," 2022 their golden calf.
Mn isn't young. Garcia, Hawkins, MM.

8 of the 15 roster spots are freshman or sophomore (not junior, senior, or graduate).

That's 53.3% > 46.66%.

None of the Gophers starters are seniors. Multiply zero by a trillion and it still equals zero.

Next season's team (assuming return) below exactly equals an average of "junior." At that point the team moves up to the "junior upperclassman range."

Core rotation: Asuma, guard, freshman
Core rotation: Carrington, guard, junior
Core rotation: Mitchell, senior
Shooting guard: Christie, sophomore
Point guard: Hawkins, senior
Whatever: Garcia, senior

In normal times, we are not particularly young but, in this time of many 5th year seniors playing, we're younger than many. Illinois has 4 seniors in their top 5 and 3 of those are 5th year seniors. If you look at 5th year players historical stats, that 5th year often makes a big difference in productivity.

Christie will be playing in his backyard. His family lives very close to this campus and he attended bball camps at M’W. Motivation? Hope so. He played very well in Urbana. Shots need to fall. Need an A game all around. The Indiana game was a huge disappointment. I think they will play better! Go Gophers!

8 of the 15 roster spots are freshman or sophomore (not junior, senior, or graduate).

That's 53.3% > 46.66%.

None of the Gophers starters are seniors. Multiply zero by a trillion and it still equals zero.

Next season's team (assuming return) below exactly equals an average of "junior." At that point the team moves up to the "junior upperclassman range."

Core rotation: Asuma, guard, freshman
Core rotation: Carrington, guard, junior
Core rotation: Mitchell, senior
Shooting guard: Christie, sophomore
Point guard: Hawkins, senior
Whatever: Garcia, senior
Now do minutes by year in school How many minutes has Betts played? Kk? Reader? Heck, joj?

Garcia, Hawkins, and Mitchell have played a ton of bb. They are not young at all. PP had played a lot of minutes through nearly two seasons.

Christie, agreed. And, if Mn needs less youth playing, why didn't cbj address that nugget?

Now do minutes by year in school How many minutes has Betts played? Kk? Reader? Heck, joj?

Garcia, Hawkins, and Mitchell have played a ton of bb. They are not young at all. PP had played a lot of minutes through nearly two seasons.

Christie, agreed.

Multiple views are fine. It can be claimed multiple ways.

For me, I'll point to Christie, but whatever...

At least Fox NFL Sunday music from 1994 is enjoyable.

FYI: Gophers having a decent season. (Last season they were coming under pressure, AKA Penn State NIL power on top.)

Minnesota has a pretty good historical reputation with wrestling, including several heavyweight greats.

Ugly start on offense again. Mitchell's shot is broken.

Another complete no show to start a game for the 3rd game in a row.

At 13:53:

Gophers FG: 33.3%
Gophers 3's: 25%

Northwestern FG: 70%
Northwestern 3's: 50%

Top Bottom