***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS COVID-POSTPONED IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Besides working on their shooting strokes, I really hope both Battle and Garcia learn how to get off shots going to their right. Neither can do it now. Otherwise, defenses will continue to force them to their off hand and limit their offensive options. Dennis Evans is another lefty coming in, although I pray they stick him close to the basket and play as a post.

Is Battle anything more than a volume shooter?

He hasn’t been bad tonight and we obviously need anybody that can get a shot up on this team.

Just not sure if he’s really a winning player that makes a big impact for a good team.

One out of 10 on 3 pointers, Battle & Garcia 1 for 8. Some of those have been Wilde open. They need to hit those

A foul on Battle for deflecting the ball????????????

Pretty sure the refs are breathing out when the Illini are on offense and breathing in when the Gophers are on offense cause they blow the whistles for Illinois and swallow the whistles for Minnesota.

Still hard for me to believe that going into tonight's game, Battle had played 20 games and had only been to the FT line 22 times. And he's shooting 82%. Somehow he's got to drive to the bucket strong and get more points from the line.

Not blocking out on the free throw. Smart!

Agreed. At some point he needs to tear these refs a new hole and let his kids know he's not going to take the half ass reffing we're seeing tonight.
I just don’t know how you don’t get pissed more often. Especially when you’re finally in a semi-close game where you can really get behind your guys and support them.

Still hard for me to believe that going into tonight's game, Battle had played 20 games and had only been to the FT line 22 times. And he's shooting 82%. Somehow he's got to drive to the bucket strong and get more points from the line.
He has been all game and the past three games. He is creating his own shot off the drive. I really like his aggressiveness with the ball

Last edited:

Top Bottom